1.    #1  
    Ok I have had my Pre since the first week out... I love it.

This is not an issue of Headphone on or off and muting the speaker, etc. Been there done that.

I believe I have a short in the actual receptor. I have to wiggle the headphone jack just to hear music in stereo, and when I want to make a phone call it gives me huge feedback. So much so, I can't talk or hear anything.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
    PS- on my 3rd set of headphones, thinking it was them, but I guess it is the phone.

Thanks!
    I'm having the same issue. The people I'm talking to find the feedback painful. I tried out my bro's pre headphones and I was still having the problem. I'm thinking about heading to sprint tomorrow after work to see what they have to say.
    I have had similar issues with the headphone jack being loose, at times and providing extremely loud feedback that can be heard on both sides of the line.

I have been remiss about going to Sprint since the techs in my area tend to be a little less than forthright about warranty items vs insurance or repair and have on multiple occasions tried to charge me (or send me to assurion) when I knew the item should have been covered by regular warranty. Unfortunately this was with my old WinMo phones...and I was a bit more knowledgeable about those than I am the Pre.

Can you let us know what they say regarding this? I feel that this is a warranty (should be replaced without the $100 deductible) issue.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. If I could get at the circuit board I would re-solder it. From my past experience on other devices it is a broken solder joint that just needs to be heated up.
    I have had my Pre since the June release. So far just a slight oreo effect. I am going to be looking at the Pixie come June when I can upgrade my phone. The Pre has been ok but all I really do is texting and mail. I am going to give it strong consideration.