1.    #1  
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there a youtube video for the Pre that said one of it's features would be when you place a phone call, you don't have to hold the phone to your ear, instead the phone will vibrate when the call is connected? I know that the Pre alerts you when you ended your phone call by vibrating once and making a sound. I still can't understand this feature. I think we know that the call had ended when we pressed the red 'end call' button!

Does anyone else know or have the caller pickup notification feature?
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 09/15/2009 at 03:29 PM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Never heard of this feature?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    My HTC Touch Pro had a feature where it would vibrate when connected... but not a caller pickup feature. I can't imagine a caller pickup feature being that great ... is it even possible?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I find that holding the phone to my ear and listening for someone on the other end to say hello is normally the easiest way to tell my call is connected.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    My HTC Touch Pro had a feature where it would vibrate when connected... but not a caller pickup feature. I can't imagine a caller pickup feature being that great ... is it even possible?
    When I say caller pickup feature, I meant that the phone vibrates when the call is connected.

I just tried to scan through the CES demo video of the Pre as I thought I heard it mentioned on that video, but the video is an hour long, and I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

I guess it was a video on the HTC Touch Pro. But again, why would the Pre have a vibrate notification when the call is disconnected, but not when the call is connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by darcside View Post
    I find that holding the phone to my ear and listening for someone on the other end to say hello is normally the easiest way to tell my call is connected.
    darcside, you crack me up! LOL
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    There's actually a very good reason for a call disconnect notification. Anyone that has had a blackberry has likely at one point or another been completely deafened by the ringer on it.

There have been times I've been on the phone with somebody, and have had the phone up to my ear while I'm doing something. There will be some silence while I'm looking something up and the call will disconnect. Not having some sort of notification of this, the person will call back while I have the phone squished up against my ear. What follows is me cursing followed by flinging the phone across the room.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there a youtube video for the Pre that said one of it's features would be when you place a phone call, you don't have to hold the phone to your ear, instead the phone will vibrate when the call is connected? I know that the Pre alerts you when you ended your phone call by vibrating once and making a sound. I still can't understand this feature. I think we know that the call had ended when we pressed the red 'end call' button!

Does anyone else know or have the caller pickup notification feature?
    I wanted to clarify my statement that "we know that the call had ended when we pressed the red 'end call' button!"

The phone only does the notification when you hang up via bluetooth or by swiping the phone app closed or when the caller hangs up first. It does not vibrate/ring when you end the call by tapping the red 'hangup' button.