1.    #1  
    Just noticed in a sidebar banner ad where it mentions Videos uploaded on Sprint phones with a rolling ticker. The phone pictured is the Pre. Does this mean video is coming soon to a Pre near you?
    I would ignore any reference to doing video on your Pre. If that is ever added, I wouldn't expect it before v1.5.
    Heck 1.2 isnt out until late this month.

Expect 1.3 & 1.4 to add more minor functionality things, bug fixes, etc.

I'm expecting v 1.5 to 'maybe' support basic video with a couple of downsides. Little to no editing features and high compression due to memory size. I'm also figuring this version will have significant OS speed improvements.
    Version 1.6-1.9 will be bug fixes and possibly minor 'enhancements' to the video/camera side of things. Maybe user tweakability or lower compression options, even with the limited storage.

Just some thoughts.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    I would ignore any reference to doing video on your Pre. If that is ever added, I wouldn't expect it before v1.5.

I'm expecting v 1.5 to 'maybe' support basic video with a couple of downsides. Little to no editing features and high compression due to memory size. I'm also figuring this version will have significant OS speed improvements.
    Version 1.6-1.9 will be bug fixes and possibly minor 'enhancements' to the video/camera side of things. Maybe user tweakability or lower compression options, even with the limited storage.

Just some thoughts.
    And this is based on what?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    yes. I am from da future.
    Versions on the Pre are A.B.C.

A = Major Os Revamp

B = Added Features

C = Bug Fix

Just some thoughts.
    Pure speculation/conjecture. Unless you are intimately involved in the WebOs devlopement, you wouldn't be able to speak to these changes.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Versions on the Pre are A.B.C.

A = Major Os Revamp

B = Added Features

C = Bug Fix

Pure speculation/conjecture. There is no basis to these claims of updates.
    The guy just stated his thoughts. It's fine.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    And this is based on what?
    "What everyone else has done thus far."

I really have no idea when or even if the Pre will ever get video. But here is something I have never understood. When the Pre was announced was it ever on paper that the Pre will have video recording capabilities? I dont understand why everyone operates under the assumption that the Pre will get video capture at some point. And for that matter, why would you want it on a device that only has 8 gigs?
    I think webOS version 39.4.1 will support transportation of the user to the Cayman Islands and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Yeah, he even said that in his last sentence. "Just some thoughts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Yep. I am glad that we have a forum where we can post these things, but this is where the rampant rumors start. Someone reads his post and passes it along. It eventually becomes truth because it is so far removed from the original post. Then, when it doesn't happen the way people think it will, they get mad at Palm for not following the conjecture of a poster at PreCentral.net.

It would be wise to avoid speculation on what will happen on updates that are likely months to a year in the future. Heck, we might not even see 1.5 1.6 or 1.7... might go directly to 2.0.

My point is be careful what you speculate about.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    I think webOS version 39.4.1 will support transportation of the user to the Cayman Islands and back.
    NO- Only to Mexico.
    You'll have to use Homebrew for the Cayman Islands.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr157 View Post
    Just noticed in a sidebar banner ad where it mentions Videos uploaded on Sprint phones with a rolling ticker. The phone pictured is the Pre. Does this mean video is coming soon to a Pre near you?
    Those banners have been running since before the Pre was released.
    Follow Me On

Yep, Palm has promised video recording ever since the very beginning, though I believe they've also stated that it may come as an application rather than a part of WebOS. I think they've also promised we would have it before the end of the year.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yeah, he even said that in his last sentence. "Just some thoughts".
    Thoughts that are phrased like facts, i.e. -

Version 1.6-1.9 will be bug fixes and possibly minor 'enhancements' to the video/camera side of things.
    'Expect' and 'will be' are problematic words when you are expressing your thoughts or best guesses.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post

Just some thoughts.
    I would ignore this post entirely. Just my thoughts.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I have no sources what so ever as I can't remember where I heard this (maybe PreCentral.net?) but I recall reading that video would be a feature added by the end of the year. I had also heard it was to an App in the App Catalog. If I can find where I read that, I'll post it. Anyone else remember hearing this?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I don't remember reading that Video would be an App, but I do remember reading that Visual Voicemail will have to be an App. Maybe I am wrong though. :S