1.    #1  
    In a future upgrade, i would really like the option to hit a button and see all the notifications separate instead of stacked. (e.g. Like the Missed Alerts section on "dumb phones" or Facebook notifications)

For instance, sometimes I'll come back to my phone and see 4 emails and 2 texts, but if I swipe away either, then it dismisses away all of them. And yes, i can open one up and it leaves the rest, but a lot of times i do not wish to open each one individually.

I think it would be great to hit some kind of button that then quickly expands them to see the individual notifications (unstacked) where you can dismiss one or go to another or even mark as read.

Just throwing it out there to see what everyone else thinks...
    Im actually a fan of that idea.
    Its really no different...think about it...

Messaging
    You see missed alerts, say 2...you hit it and it opens the messaging, you look at it...
    old way - you click through menu to missed alerts, it brings open messaging, you look at it...

Email
    You hit the 4 missed emails, it brings open the email box, you select the email you want...done
    old way - you go to missed alerts, email, opens up box, you select email, read it...done

I still dont see the major difference...BUT the new way is nicer in the fact that it shows all the missed alerts separately and you can choose to ignore the ones like messaging (which are usually things you can get to later in the business world) and jump to email faster.

After you posted this I tried on my Pre, old Treo 650 (just jumping to the menus to read as this one is deactivated on the network, but same step nonetheless), and my wifes Rant. The Pre is faster and more elegant hands down.

Just my 2c
  4.    #4  
    Not exactly what i was referring to. I didn't actually mean go into the menu to a missed alert section, i was just using the premise as an example.

I would more like to see a + sign next to the alerts on the bottom of the phone where when pressed would instantly unstack all the notifications so i can choose whether to swipe away that xbox newsletter or read that email from my friend.

The current way i have to click the newsletter, wait for it to load, swipe back, see the mailbox and what mail has arrived and then go into an email if i have interest.

Edit: same process for SMS. All i might see is the top SMS from ESPN, and not know what the other 3 texts are or from whom. So i have to open the ESPN text, swipe back, then see who sent what. I would like the ability to dismiss the ESPN (or whatever text) and see what else is there.
    I agree to a certain extent, but think Palm probably wants that much interaction to be done by that application. Also, when you do have more than one notification for an application, it appears that most of the time the left application icon "separates" from the right (the most recent one), where if you tap the application icon it goes to the Inbox or Messaging App or whatever general list, that way you can see all the notifications (as opposed to the main part of the notification taking you to the most recent one).

Edit: The above works instead of having to go to the most recent and swipe back (as you mention above having to do). You've still got a good idea, but just saying this sort of does the job.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I agree to a certain extent, but think Palm probably wants that much interaction to be done by that application. Also, when you do have more than one notification for an application, it appears that most of the time the left application icon "separates" from the right (the most recent one), where if you tap the application icon it goes to the Inbox or Messaging App or whatever general list, that way you can see all the notifications (as opposed to the main part of the notification taking you to the most recent one).

Edit: The above works instead of having to go to the most recent and swipe back (as you mention above having to do). You've still got a good idea, but just saying this sort of does the job.
    Oh my god, i never noticed that before or looked closely enough to realize the break.

That definitely helps. I still like my idea as a future possibility but i did not know this even existed.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Oh my god, i never noticed that before or looked closely enough to realize the break.

That definitely helps. I still like my idea as a future possibility but i did not know this even existed.

Thanks!
    No problem, glad to be of help!