Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello All,

Trying to get some help. I have read all the other posts but don't see one solution.

I exchanged my Palm PRE yesterday for a new one because the slide broke. When I signed into my Palm Profile on the new phone (after forgetting my password and creating a new one) none of my contacts, calendar, tasks, or memos transferred to the new phone. The only thing that transferred over was 4 applications (Accuweather, Mileage Monitor, Pandora, Wordace).

Radio shack couldn't figure it out and they now have my old pre with my 380 contacts and complete calendar on it (they are holding it for me temporarily and say they won't reset it). I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint yesterday and they couldn't help and told me to call Palm. I called Palm today and after 30 minutes and several resets and logging back in they put in a 'data loss' claim and escalated me to a Level 3 technician? I am now waiting for the Level 3 technician to call me back which could happen this week!

Questions:

1. Can I go back to radio shack, get my old PRE back (assuming they kept their word and didn't reset it or send it back already) and then do a data cable transfer from old pre to new pre?

2. If not, can I go online somehow and get the information from my Palm Profile and print it, or get it to gmail, or hotmail and into my new Pre that way?

3. In not, can I re-activate my old Palm Pre (assuming contacts are still in it lol) and then upload from the phone to my own computer to gmail, hotmail etc so that I don't lose my contacts and calendar?

Any suggestions or pointing me to the right posts on here would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by RnC_Forever View Post
    Hello All,

Trying to get some help. I have read all the other posts but don't see one solution.

I exchanged my Palm PRE yesterday for a new one because the slide broke. When I signed into my Palm Profile on the new phone (after forgetting my password and creating a new one) none of my contacts, calendar, tasks, or memos transferred to the new phone. The only thing that transferred over was 4 applications (Accuweather, Mileage Monitor, Pandora, Wordace).

Radio shack couldn't figure it out and they now have my old pre with my 380 contacts and complete calendar on it (they are holding it for me temporarily and say they won't reset it). I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint yesterday and they couldn't help and told me to call Palm. I called Palm today and after 30 minutes and several resets and logging back in they put in a 'data loss' claim and escalated me to a Level 3 technician? I am now waiting for the Level 3 technician to call me back which could happen this week!

Questions:

1. Can I go back to radio shack, get my old PRE back (assuming they kept their word and didn't reset it or send it back already) and then do a data cable transfer from old pre to new pre?

2. If not, can I go online somehow and get the information from my Palm Profile and print it, or get it to gmail, or hotmail and into my new Pre that way?

3. In not, can I re-activate my old Palm Pre (assuming contacts are still in it lol) and then upload from the phone to my own computer to gmail, hotmail etc so that I don't lose my contacts and calendar?

Any suggestions or pointing me to the right posts on here would be appreciated.
    Did you make sure your phone was updated to 1.1.0? Trying updating the phone if it is not and then doing a full erase under reset options. See if that works.
  3.    #3  
    Device has 1.1.0

The partial reset hasn't worked on multiple occasions. Will the full reset make a difference?
    Were you backing up to the Palm profile only? What about google? If you sync with google, then all your contacts should be backed up to your gmail. Also, I would try to get the old Pre to sync all contacts to google as well if you can do that...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    call palm if your contacts are backed up they can get them to you i had the same problem all you will do is hard reset and then redo palm back up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    "When I signed into my Palm Profile on the new phone (after forgetting my password and creating a new one) none of my contacts, calendar, tasks, or memos transferred to the new phone."

So, wait a minute - you created a NEW Palm profile? Why didn't you click the "Forgot Password" link?
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    "When I signed into my Palm Profile on the new phone (after forgetting my password and creating a new one) none of my contacts, calendar, tasks, or memos transferred to the new phone."

So, wait a minute - you created a NEW Palm profile? Why didn't you click the "Forgot Password" link?
    I did click on forgot password, i created a new password, and then logged into my existing account. I know it was my existing account because four of my apps transferred over but nothing else.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    call palm if your contacts are backed up they can get them to you i had the same problem all you will do is hard reset and then redo palm back up.
    I have tried to do several partial resets and sign back in but this didn't work.

I have done the full reset and then logged back in as well but this didn't work.

Palm has me pending a level 3 technician but they still haven't called me back.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Were you backing up to the Palm profile only? What about google? If you sync with google, then all your contacts should be backed up to your gmail. Also, I would try to get the old Pre to sync all contacts to google as well if you can do that...
    I am not sure how to back up my phone only contacts to google. Would it transfer the information on phone numbers, company names, etc? I could try to get my old Palm Pre back from Radio Shack and do this.
    I am not sure how to back up my phone only contacts to google. Would it transfer the information on phone numbers, company names, etc? I could try to get my old Palm Pre back from Radio Shack and do this.

I would try to get back you old phone just in case. You change the default sync options in contact by tapping on the top left oorner preferences and changing the default sync settings. The only problem is that I'm not sure if that will sync only new contacts or all old contacts as well. To be safe, I would get your old Pre and then get a trial of Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura to backup all your contacts to outlook. In the future, I highly recommend syncing default to google so you don't lose your contacts if palm restore doesn't work...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11.    #11  
    So its been nearly 30 days now since my initial loss. PALM just had a representative call me to state that they have none of my information on their server and that everything appears to have been lost!

I HATE MY PRE!!!!

Unfortunately i will have to deal with it for the next two years, I'm about to be on my third one, i can only imagine how many i will have over the next 24 months...
    im a victim too, damn palm fcked me over for no reason... nothin was backed up
    i was so close to smashin my pre today
  13.    #13  
    UPDATE: My third Palm Pre has no microphone. Noone can hear me when they call me or i call them, or on speakerphone!

My 4th!!!!!! Palm Pre is on the way... really?
  14.    #14  
    Has anyone had the HTC Touch Pro before? Do you think I could convince Palm to give me one so I can stop messing with the Pre?
    UPDATE: My third Palm Pre has no microphone. Noone can hear me when they call me or i call them, or on speakerphone!

My 4th!!!!!! Palm Pre is on the way... really?
    Known issue. Your 3rd Pre thinks the headset is still plugged in. Plug it in and unplug it a few times and it should work fine. There are other tricks to fixing in this around here. Many discussions. Do a search.

If you do go ahead with a 4th Pre hopefully you learned your lesson and started syncing to Google so you can easily restore you Contacts and Calendar.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    the palm profile did not restore my data and so far all i got back was my apps, 4 months of data, memos, calendars and contacts gone

palm tells me "there is a chance we may not be able get it back"

everyone better not rely on palm at all for any recovery
    i rely on the exchange server at work, prollyh not the smartest idea also.
  18.    #18  
    So I went to pick up my 4th Palm Pre and it failed in the store! Sprint has now referred me to the WELLS program where I can get a comparable model in exchange. I am considering the BB Tour 9630. Any thoughts?
    this happened to me yesterday **** sucks waiting on palm to call me and tell me their gonna get'em back for me, if they dont i'm tossing this f-ing phone
    ^^^friendly advice....change your user name to something/anything that isn't your e-mail address. E-mail address for your user name is a wonderful way to increase your spam count one hundred fold.
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast