Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    hey guys,
    i too am on my 3rd pre in idont know 7 days.
    i had the the same problem with palm profile, spent 2 hours on the fon with sprint/palm, got disconected twice twice hahahah twice. ok im ok.
    the exact problem was not ever discoved but i
    1 wiped my fon to default
    sync fon to google, while creating a new palm profile with a dif email, then the google contact sunk to palm ( not sure about that b/c we cant see the palm database nor can cc tell me if there is even data in the file DONT get me started)
    now the fon is sunk?? all my calanders and contacts have repopulated.

hope it helps
    btw the hinge on my new pre squeaks and has bounce in the corner meaning the whole assembly moves like a bb touch screen WEAK
    may go htc hero or samsung android

peace
    i added a contact after i lost mine and did a full erase and logged back on to my profile and the contact i added was not there so whats happening
    I had that same problem when I got my fiance her replacement. What you need to do is make sure your contacts are sync'd to Google in the future. Doing that means you just log in to your Google account through the contacts app and it will pull your contacts back to your phone.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    are they working on this because
    so do you mean set up a gmail and when i log into to gmail i can get them back. i added a contact to see if it would stay on my phone and when i did a partial erase the contact was not there so the sync does not work
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Strange thing happening... palm backup is bringing all my downloaded APPS back up after logging in, but still no contacts!!!!!!!
    Same problem here. I lost all my contacts, 9 of 10 memos, and 12 of 13 tasks. I tried multiple resets, partial erases, and full erases to no avail. Still haven't found a solution.

Doug
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    I lost memo's and task, also tried numerous resets, Web OS Doc and still can't get them back. My contacts and calendar info are on Google, so all those synced back without a problem. For some reason, it appears to have only restored the last few memo's or task right before the update, and when the update was out, I made sure to go in and backup everything before I installed the new update..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    No contacts here, just like Bigchris, last 2 contacts entered before the update are the only 2 showing up. HELP!
    Yup, me too. Lost all profile contacts (thankfully backed up to Google) and all memos. I need those memos!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I talked to a guy at my local Sprint store today. He said Palm has had an outage since yesterday. He also didnt know when this issue would be resolved. I also spoke to a palm rep via palm chat. He couldnt give me a straight answer when this would be fixed, if it would be fixed or if I would ever see my palm profile data again....
    i too after doing the update i lost all my contacts however was still able to obtain pictures as well as my web book marks?!?!
    only 1 contact shows up thats all !?!?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Yup, me too. Lost all profile contacts (thankfully backed up to Google) and all memos. I need those memos!

I really need my memos too. It sucks we have to depend on palm to store/backup our data. I wish the pre would have come with a backup cd like the treo/centro.
    I too lost all my contacts, memos, and tasks after doing a WebOS doctor on the phone to 1.2.1 and connecting to my Palm Profile. It says I only have 2 contacts the two Sprint ones...

I did a Palm Backup from my phone last night...

Should I disable backup for now?
    Im in the same boat, only last 2 contacts showing up (that I last edited)
    I wish you could see EXACTLY what was backed up in Palm Profile... instead all it shows is your login information and security question online...

Sucks I apparently lost all my tasks, memos, and contacts.... hopefully their server is just down and the data is not lost...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestrider View Post
    I wish you could see EXACTLY what was backed up in Palm Profile... instead all it shows is your login information and security question online...

Sucks I apparently lost all my tasks, memos, and contacts.... hopefully their server is just down and the data is not lost...
    I agree, that would make things a lot easier to go back and get info.. I'm hoping all is not lost..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    i had the exact same problem today...outta 50 contacts...saved 3
    Im ****ed my phone wont sync with facebook at all!!