Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    I am like many who have had trouble getting my contact retrieved from my Palm Profile after DOCTORING and running the WebOS 1.3.1 update.

Is there any FACTUAL explanation why the sync is not working for many of us?

I hate to lose 350 contacts for no reason.

Is this a server problem? I have 2 contacts ONLY and they are the most recently imputed in the phone...very odd why no others are being recognized.

Thanks for the help!

JB
    I had the same thing just happen a couple days ago when I activated a replacement Pre for my damaged one. Unfortunately, if you didn't root your pre and save the PalmDatabase.db3 file to a home computer, you are probably out of luck. I went all the way up to Palm Engineering/Corporate to find this out. Luckily I found out in these forums about how to save your text message history. I don't know the thread exactly, but if you search for "How to backup text messages" you should be able to find out how to do that. It won't work however if you have already wiped your Pre with the doctor.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me. I talked to Palm yesterday. Level 1 tech support was useless. Level 2 was useless as well. Usually, they have level 3 call you back but i was persistent. The gentleman from Level 3 said that a new profile was created for me and that my old profile was still intact. They said that engineering (which is closed on the weekends) would push my original profile (contacts, memos) to me this week. I would actually believe them if i lost every contact and every memo that i had. I still had a few contacts and a few memos after the firmware upgrade. At least TMobile addressed the Sidekick debacle a month ago in quick fashion. It seems like this situation is not an isolated one, but a wide ranging problem.
    I had just installed the WebOS 1.3.1 update and right after I ran a backup. I then performed a Full Erase to refresh the phone knowing I could get my contacts back by signing on my Palm Profile. Well this did not happen. I got my apps back but not my contacts which are much more important to me since there is no easy way to get them back. I need HELP! If Palm lost my data, don't expect me to ever buy a Palm product again. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamerAccess.com View Post
    I had just installed the WebOS 1.3.1 update and right after I ran a backup. I then performed a Full Erase to refresh the phone knowing I could get my contacts back by signing on my Palm Profile. Well this did not happen. I got my apps back but not my contacts which are much more important to me since there is no easy way to get them back. I need HELP! If Palm lost my data, don't expect me to ever buy a Palm product again. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.
    Are you contacts not synced to Google, as well?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Why in the world did you do a full erase? You could have performed a backup AFTER you did the full erase and then wiped them out.

I'm not sure how to get those back. I keep my contacts in Google Contacts, because that seems safest. If you can't get them back and have to rebuild, I would go that route. Oh, and I wouldn't blow away the data on the phone, if given the choice, without a few backups.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    it may be that you need to sign back into your gmail outlook and facebook accounts before your contacts come back.
    I dd not have my contacts synced to Google. I ran the backup before I ran the Full Erase thinking it would back up my contacts like it has always done.
    I dd not have my contacts synced to Google. I ran the backup before I ran the Full Erase thinking it would back up my contacts like it has always done.
    Is the Palm Profile something that can be viewed off-device - like, say, from a pc? If so, I'd consider checking online to see if the data's there, but unavailable to your Pre.

I'd also *consider* (but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say this is what YOU should do now) restoring the previous version of webOS to see your contacts are available to you, again.

There are techier folks around who may have better advice for you, so you may want to wait for their responses (or seek them out) but I wanted to share my thoughts in case you were desperate and wanted something, ANYthing to chew on.
    Unfortuneatly, Palm does not have a way to view it off of the device. How would I roll back to the previous version of WebOS?
    Unfortuneatly, Palm does not have a way to view it off of the device. How would I roll back to the previous version of WebOS?
    It might not be a good idea to do this. I have some vague recollection of people saying that using a previous version of the webOS can cause problems... of some sort. But I've also heard of people (very recently, in fact - since 1.3.1) saying they were going back to the previous version because the current one was causing problems. You may want to look into this before proceeding. That said...

The previous webOS Doctor is still out there somewhere. One might be able to apply it to the phone and, effectively, roll back the o.s.
    How would I roll back to the previous version of WebOS?
    Get the webos doctor 1.2.1 from here and flash your phone to it to roll back

---->>> Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    chander
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Same issue with me. I went to Back Up first to manually back it up. Then I doctored phone. As soon as i signed back in, I went to update to get 1.3.1. Went to my contacts and they were gone. Got the same thing. That Palm Engineering will give me a call back. I won't make this mistake again.

Now, does anyone know how to save the contacts file? What software do I use?
    just in case your are worried about this happening again, check out this thread.. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2032004 it talks about a way to at least back up for Palm Profile contacts! All you need is webOS QI --OR-- Internalz, and the program that xybyre created (linked in my post)

Despite previous issues, the new version of xybyre's program is up and running!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 11/15/2009 at 04:19 PM.
    And that's why you use Google as your primary address book....

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, bad doctor reload and then the phone ran an auto backup and wiped me out...

Now I have everything on Google, no worries.
    Same thing happened to me. Palm level 2 said they'd call back in 24 to 48 hours at noon on Friday. needless to say I'm still waiting. $%#&!! We all know about it, but they (Sprint, Palm) don't? ..Or at least they won't acknowledge it?
    I love the phone for what it does, but I'm p***ed for what it doesn't do (tasks, memos), and now this. Since Thursday.

someone was talking about removing contacts, then re-signing in and it worked. HOW?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue to. I had some issues after yesterdays update so I did a full erase. Couldnt connect on the first try to my palm profile. Was able to the second try. My porfile downloaded but my contacts did not, other than facebook and google. So I lost all my numbers?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Same problem with contacts. hope to get it resolved in the next couple of days. I will now start saving the database file before any major upgrades.
    Same, but I got 11 contacts back, NO calendar entries and also only 2 out of 20 or so memos... Hoping this gets resolved!! I need my contacts back,
    Last edited by SMKOUT333; 11/15/2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: there is a t in but
    i got a replacement phone and when i logged into my profile i had no contacts anyone have this problem and where is the custom ringtones for messaging
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    This is a joke? No word from palm???
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast