Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    can you please tell me how long it took from your first complaint to palm and loaing all ur data, to the point you got it restored?

so far, its been 2 weeks for me n no reply. Also, whet happens to all of my additions from the point I lost everything till now? Do I lose it as they are only restoring from the point I lost everything?
    It took 24 days for them to resolve my issue.

Whatever you have added from the point of loss till now will be wiped out if/when they retrieve your old profile.

To avoid losing anything more, I suggest you create a backup with google so that when you get your old data back, you can sync with google and get your new stuff back againt too.

good luck
    So I was one of the people to lose their contacts in the great update disaster a while ago, and after i like many found out that adding contacts overwrites your last back-up of contacts. So after none of the steps I found on the site would work i figured hey why not call Palm it is their phone, OS, and cloud. while we were trouble shooting on a horrible 1x signal for what seemed to be some days i was told that i would get my case forwarded to the advanced help or tech team or whatever they're calling it over at Palm. So finally a month later i get a call back with what is suppose to be a new solution where they have the ability to access your previous data and while your doing a partial erase they restore your old contacts. I have not gone through the process because while I'm at my college apartment i have a 1x signal gotta love going to school in bama. I asked them to call me back next friday when i will be home since I have finals this week, I presume they will be calling me back in order to avoid anymore lawsuits like they have just recieved and get my contacts back but until friday next week I will not have a definite answer, but I must say that the fact that they will be able to access my old syncs makes me confident that they can restore my contacts if they can that will work wonders for me since my contacts in my old HTC Touch have been erased by my old Nemesis after checking to see if they were still on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by coff3_Blak View Post
    ...and after i like many found out that adding contacts overwrites your last back-up of contacts.
    Interesting. Will Palm upgrade its sync cloud service so you can back-up more than once a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Interesting. Will Palm upgrade its sync cloud service so you can back-up more than once a day?
    I'm not sure to the specifics of what all is going to happen in the process b/c i was studying for a final when they called me but I will make sure I know more or less what they are doing next friday
    Some guy is suing Palm and Sprint for his data loss: Palm Pre User Sues, Alleging Data Loss - PC World
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Some guy is suing Palm and Sprint for his data loss: Palm Pre User Sues, Alleging Data Loss - PC World[/url]
    it's not like he's personally suing palm, it's a class action lawsuit. They just file it under somebodies name in the class action law suit and he was the lucky winner.

It makes it sound like he thought this whole thing up and found some lawyer to represent him, it was the other way around.

But, good, the company should be held accountable, they've acted like nothing was wrong for so long. If they would have let a user backup data to their pc, then none of this would have happened.

They make it a point to tell you you never have to worry about it again. well, looks like they were wrong
    i lost all my contacts on my previous Pre after a replacement - but now im noticing why.....when i go to the Backup icon it says "Last backup 12/8/09" (which i did manually) - then it says - "Your data is backed up automatically every day." What a bunch of crap - no wonder we are losing our data - the phone is NOT backing up automatically (and YES - it shows ON) -

Not happy about this.
    So The Palm Rep Clearly Was Trying 2 Only Minimize Customer Dissatisfaction Wen I Talked To Him 2day But His Antics Have Only ****ed Me Off More Than I Was I Had Manually Got A lot Of My Contacts back In My Phone When He Decides To **** Around Like They Had My Contacts Only 2 Say In The End Well Yur Guna Have To Manually Install Them After Causing Me To Lose More Contacts And Then Tries To Give Me $25 Like This Is Guna Help My Situation Well [Expletive] Yu Palm I Will Not Be Endorsing Yu 4 An Indefinite Period And Yu Can Shove The $25 Coupon Code Up Yur [Expletive] (I Need A Giant Mad Smilie RIght Now)
    well after 3weeks, I got the call from Palm and after 3 hours with a rep trying to restore my backup, nothing happened. I then lost my signal, called back Palm, spoke to a guy, and within 1 hour, everything was restored!!!! It was 4 hours on the phone that night with them! I told them that if they didn't do something for the inconvenience of no contacts for 3 weeks and a waste of 4 hours that night, I would leave the Pre and go to the Hero. They then sent me a Touchstone for free which I got a few days later! I guess that was a nice gesture, but of course I had to ask.
    Well, add me to the list. I ran the doctor yesterday so I could start fresh with the new update. When my phone came up it had all the contact names but there was no info for any of them. So I ran it again since I couldn't figure out how to just re-update my Palm Profile and when it came up there was only 2 contacts. Sprint this and Sprint that. So that sucks. I'm going to be entering all my new contact info into either Yahoo or Gmail as a CYA for the future.

It'd be really nice if there was a backup tool that could backup your phone straight to your desktop. I remember seeing a poll pertaining to this. Does anyone know if something like this is in the works?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    after 20mins w/ palm via chat, they restored all my contacts. now i need to find a way to sync it w/ gmail. any help?
    There's a patch that just showed up in Preware that lets you copy all of you contacts to vcards at one time. You can just email them to yourself then load them into your email acct.

Hope that helps ya.

P.S. I haven't tried this patch, but sounds likwe what your in need of.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    There's a patch that just showed up in Preware that lets you copy all of you contacts to vcards at one time. You can just email them to yourself then load them into your email acct.

Hope that helps ya.

P.S. I haven't tried this patch, but sounds likwe what your in need of.
    Well that patch gives me an error
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    Well that patch gives me an error
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

second post
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    in all fairness, you should be responsible for your data. Having worked for the number #1 computer company, when your hdd fails i just hoped stuff was backed up. People show way to much entitlement now a days and do very little to learn how to fix and prevent mistakes.

From now on keep everything google and print a hard copy, or if you are lucky enough to have exchange use the options from there. No say this is palm's fault. Hardware fails and consumers need to be more educated about it. Imho
    not if palm is touting and marketing this function, sir. That is called false advertising. The advertising and marketing schpiel needs to have a disclaimer, sir.

Basically, we are being lied to. Palm is "educating" us that their faulty synergy system/process works. It does not.

Therefore, it *is* palm's fault, sir.

But thank you for your advice, just don't try to pin the blame on the victim next time, okay?
    Palm does not provide services, man. You do not pay them monthly. Yet they still provide you with updates every 5 or 6 weeks. And they also provide you with ONE of your TWO backups that you should have if you keep your data seriously. And they're making this backup/restore option extremely convenient. These are value-added features. You have no contract with them for them to take care of making sure that your backups restore 100% of the time.

Therefore, you shouldn't have trusted anybody to handle your life other than yourself.

TWO BACKUPS IN *TWO* DIFFERENT PLACES THAT ARE OCCASIONALLY TESTED TO SEE IF THE BACKUPS ARE STILL ACTUALLY RESTORING.
    I had this happen when my first palm pre started shutting off 4 days after I got it. I went to the sprint store and did an in store swap, they started the profile restore and it was taking forever. So they stopped it and did it again, it went through, but I got maybe 4 of of my 50 contacts. Fortunately, I came from a moto q and used outlook and pocket mirror to move everything over in the first place. So I was able to recover another way. I agree, while palm is offering this backup service, it def pays to take measures to ensure you have another copy somewhere. Lets not forget this is all technology, and technology tends to fail just when you need it the most. :-)
    ***** READ: PALM CAN RESTORE YOUR DATA NOW *****

Well this happened to me this weekend, right before a two day trip I lost my phone and needed a replacement. After I activated the replacement I noticed all my Palm contacts were gone but the applications were saved. 200+ contacts gone except for the two sprint default contacts!

Then, foolishly without checking here, I spent 3+ hours on the phone with Sprint Tier 1,2,3 and Palm 1 then a promise to get a call from 2 in the next few days. I was miserable ****ed off and ready to toss my palm out the window.

After I got back from the trip I logged on here to see if anyone else was having this issue and whoa boy this monster thread appeared. I can't believe the glitch still happens till this day (almost 4 months after the initial problem) but it does.

Thankfully I read the message up thread about the chat session, so I tried it. Not only did it take less than 20 minutes, the guy knew all about the problem and knew exactly what to do to fix it. In any event as long as you backed up at least once to Palm's servers, your contacts are safe no matter how long it's been.

SYNOPSIS: PALM CAN RESTORE CONTACTS BUT USE THE CHAT SUPPORT. For some idiotic reason the phone support people are totally oblivious to this problem and you will waste hours of your life if you try to go that route.

Hope this saves someone else a headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayG View Post

SYNOPSIS: PALM CAN RESTORE CONTACTS BUT USE THE CHAT SUPPORT. For some idiotic reason the phone support people are totally oblivious to this problem and you will waste hours of your life if you try to go that route.

Hope this saves someone else a headache.
    URL Link to chat?