Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    1-866-750-PALM Call this number, Palm has been able to restore Profile info. Then with a program by xybyre, you can export the contacts in to gmail.
    Last edited by NxTech3; 11/24/2009 at 12:27 PM.
    <merged again>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    1-866-750-PALM Call this number, Palm has been able to restore Profile info. Then with a program by xybyre, you can export the contacts in to gmail.
    I have lost my contacts, been waiting for 4 days. If I call that number and inform them, then they will be able to give them to me?
  4. JW
    Oddly enough all my contacts synced back after I had to switch Pres because my previous had an oreo effect. But it didn't SYNC back all my apps. :/
    Hi All... I must be the lucky one - probably the ONLY one who actually got all their contacts back!! I am astonished that so many people didn't get the help they deserved. I went to a Sprint Corporate store yesterday morning to replace my slightly damaged phone. It's the third one for me. When I logged into the new phone with my profile info, all but 4 contacts were missing. I had 2 Sprint contacts and 2 contacts that I had recently manually entered. I spent the morning and early afternoon (9:20am - 1pm) on the phone with PALM trying to resolve the issue, while the Sprint representative was just toying around on the computer in front of him. The representative from palm escalated my call to level 3 - their top tech support and it still couldn't be resolved. I had the task of now waiting for them to call me back within 48 hours (as promised) to see if the contacts could be retrieved from their servers. I walked out of the store with the same phone I walked in with. I was so mad I just wanted the phone back... When I got home I checked online to see if others had experienced what I just did and to my disbelief it seemed as though everyone had and NO ONE had a happy ending. Not one post I read showed the issue was resolved. I was furious and couldn't believe that a multi-billion dollar company can't get this right. So I decided to call PALM back and speak to someone who can get things done before the 48 hour call-back time that I was going to have to wait for. I finally reached someone who could help and to his credit was very sympathetic and understanding. I knew the info wasn't lost. It had to be there. All major companies have multiple back ups - on & off the premises. Their problem was a technical issue and some ignorance on their (PALM) end. What they did for me was as follows: They had me do a PARTIAL ERASE, go through the process and then do another PARTIAL ERASE but I was told not to do anything when the opening screen appeared - the first screen is to choose the LANGUAGE. At that time the representative told me that they were going to send the backup that the engineers had located to my phone. Once it was sent he advised me to go through the setup process. After the setup process was done I checked my contacts and to my disbelief THEY WERE ALL THERE!!!!!! I was in disbelief because I just didn't expect it work. I know the concept on paper sounds good (and will work) but after reading that so many people experienced the same issue without a resolution I just didn't think it would work. Well, I thanked the guy and told him that I appreciated his effort. He advised me to backup with google contacts, which I will do over the holiday weekend. Fortunately for me I have most of the contacts in my old phone that I had prior to the PRE so I was going to go the local Sprint store and have him transfer everything in there again. I would have lost a few contacts but nothing to freak out about.

I hope that other people can use my post to get satisfaction from PALM. No one should just wait for them to call you back. I was persistent and would not stop calling until I spoke to someone who could help. NO ONE SHOULD GIVE UP!!! He also sent me this link to help me backup my data with google contacts... forums.precentral.net/webos-synergy-synchronization/215705-howto-transfer-contacts-palm-profile-gmail-yahoo-mail-easier-way.html

Good Luck!
    Mine were just recovered as well... Not ALL, but very very close to it..! However my calender events never came up, Perhaps because I used Quick event to do them all? Probably not, but maybe? Either way, this makes my life a ton easier although it never shouldve happened in the first place..!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    `i am so friggin ****ed right now. used webdoctor to do a restore, then when i sign in to my palm profile my 200 plus contacts is down to 24..***???? how do i get my contacts back, ive restored it previously and have always gotten my contacts back, why not this time?
    Confirm that your replacement webOS phone has been activated.
    Power on the phone and when prompted to enter your old Palm Profile data, instead choose “Create New Profile.”
    Create a fake/dummy Palm Profile using a different (doesn’t even have to be real) email address.
    Once the phone finishes set-up, do not enter any of your cloud accounts (Yahoo, Gmail, etc) into contacts or calendar or email. Just go straight to Updates and check that you are running the latest version of webOS, currently webOS 1.3.1. If you’re not, immediately download the webOS update (if you have a Pre, remember that WiFi will be significantly faster than trying to go over EVDO). If you are running the latest version of webOS, skip to step six.
    Install the update. Let the phone reset and do all it needs to do.
    Open Device Info and confirm that you’re running the latest version of webOS. If not, go back to 4.
    In Device Info, drop to Reset Options at the bottom and select Full Erase. This will wipe the device clean and reset it.
    After the phone has powered back on, you will be prompted to reenter your Palm Profile. This time, enter your original login username and password. Since you’re on the same version as your last backup, this should restore all your data with no issue.

There is a link to this on Pre Central if you can find it. Sorry for not giving credit to OP but I just copied it in case I'm ever in this situation. Hope you get it fixed.
    Reinstall webOS using (webOS doctor) lost all my contacts and I know cannot get them loaded. I had to change my profile password because I could not remember it. Is there anything I can do to restore my contacts?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    thanks for the info, but its not letting me make a fake account..it say "account creation fail contact palm"
    I called palm, and all I had to do was remove and resetup my gmail account which had thank GOD backed up all of my contacts, give that a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    I called palm, and all I had to do was remove and resetup my gmail account which had thank GOD backed up all of my contacts, give that a try!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. The only thing that get's backed up to your palm profile in terms of contacts, is contacts that are not associated with any other accounts. If you're doing things right, that should be 0.

Go through and remove your gmail or ymail or aim or facebook or whatever account you have your contacts in, and then re-add. You should be back up in no time.
    Nope...not likely. However you can choose to use a Google account to sync with instead to avoid this in the future. Or if you don't wish to do that (but really do it, it's so easy and Gmail is great) you can also back everything up this way...http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information

There are issues with the Palm backup (Palm Profiles)...http://www.precentral.net/palm-profi...ackup-failures
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    this was a response from a palm representative on the palm support forum about the back up not working ..... its obvious they do not care. i think palm is getting kick backs from the programs being made to back up our info ( and they charging ridiculous amounts of money for it )

"This is a copy of our terms and conditions more importantly here is a quoted section from it

"PALM DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PALM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION OR NON-DELETION OF DATA (FOR EXAMPLE, IN CONNECTION WITH A REMOTE WIPE SERVICE), LOSS OF DATA, MIS-TRANSFER OR FAILURE TO TRANSFER DATA, USER COMMUNICATIONS, OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PALM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DEALING AS A CONSUMER IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR SWITZERLAND, THIS SECTION DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS."
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    this was a response from a palm representative on the palm support forum about the back up not working ..... its obvious they do not care. i think palm is getting kick backs from the programs being made to back up our info ( and they charging ridiculous amounts of money for it )

"This is a copy of our terms and conditions more importantly here is a quoted section from it

"PALM DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. PALM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELETION OR NON-DELETION OF DATA (FOR EXAMPLE, IN CONNECTION WITH A REMOTE WIPE SERVICE), LOSS OF DATA, MIS-TRANSFER OR FAILURE TO TRANSFER DATA, USER COMMUNICATIONS, OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, DEVICE OR SOFTWARE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PALM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DEALING AS A CONSUMER IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA OR SWITZERLAND, THIS SECTION DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS."
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Um. Wow. Uh...Palm, what a ringing endorsement for your new cloud services. I wonder how long it will take for stuff to hit the fan?

And I'm a Palm loyalist for cryin' out loud! My first phone was a Treo 300, now I have a Pixi.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thank God, mine worked.... All I did was a hard reset and logged back into my profile....worked for me...I was so heated. Now I'm relieved...Lesson learned. I'm backing mine up most definately now. Advise everyone else too!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ok so it does make since if your profile was associated with a 1.3.1 device and you then get your phone exchanged out etc to a older model and then log into I could see how this causes problems. MY question is since ive already did this would it benifit me to do a full erase and then log in again with my profile, would my Palm Contacts reappear again> cause I dont have them all still missing a few
    WOW! so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... after 2 miserable weeks of scavenging through this forum and more of trying to find a resolution to restore my contacts.... i got a call from palm... her name is RHEA, or REA. she called me saying she had a resolution. after me manually doing everything listed in here and of about 8 full erases, and 8 partial erases myself.... she briefly told me to do a partial erase. i told her that i've already tried that, and she said trust me this will work this time. we did a partial reset. and as soon as the phone rebooted to the cloud screen for the language selection. she told me not to do anything at that screen for about 3 mins. then she had me do everything and log back into my palm profile. everything booted up, and everything restored, my tasks, calender and contacts. im amazed i was about to give up. i hope everybody else is having a success story. try calling the palm support team at 8774263777 and ask for rhea, i wanna see everybody else have a success story.