Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I had the prob w/my contacts n appts missing, so i
    I removed my google acct from my calendar prefences
    then I added it back on and my information for myy contacts and calendar popped
    back up. The appoinments for my palm calendar that I had migrated
    from my previos device
    arnt showing up but everything that was stored on google has
    all of my contacts are in. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    I used Palm Chat yesterday around 9 pm and they told me they would call me within 24 hours. Its been 24 hours, so I rechatted and they said they will call in 4 hours (3am est). Let's see what happens. Glad to see some people got their contacts back, there is hope!
    Didn't ever call, gonna Palm Chat Service them tomorrow. Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    stupid is kinda inappropriate dont ya think? For many of us, the first few days we had out pre's, we didnt even know we had to pick a back up of palm or google, it auto sets to palm - once its set to palm the only way to back it up anywhere else is to manually input it all .. Oh joy i want to spend hours manually adding my 100s of contacts into another "backup" ( which is how i was forced to get them into the pre inthe 1st place since the store failed transferring!!!! )

if palm can lose all our info, why cant google, or yahoo? ( and yes, ive had yahoo randomly decide to close an email account 1 day - an account i used for 5 plus yrs - they said ops sorry - reopened the id but the saved emails and contacts were gone.. Bye bye .. No more ) anything online can also be hacked and an identity thief could be in heaven with names, addresses, phones numbers, dob - it just recently happened to hotmail and started spilling into google - 1000s of peoples passwords were posted on a website ( that were stolen from a log in on a common website that had been hacked )

it was stupid on palms part to basically force us into their back up, it was stupid of palm to not be prepared of losing all our information, it was stupid of palm to only offer an online back up (especially when they have had a proven to work system in place on all their other products ) and now palm looks stupid having to admit they have lost 100s of peoples information (and they havent even really said sorry! )

from day 1 this has been completely unacceptable on palms part, and for you to insinuate anyone one of us (or our actions ) is stupid, is just plain rude
    amen !!!
    I just had all my contacts deleted too !!!! I Doc'ed my Pre to the UK firmware cause I was running a Sprint. After the profile update I only got 3 profiles back !!! I am glad I used the xybyresoft solution to back up my contacts. However I got to enter them manually tonight !!!! What a 2-3hr waste !!!

THANKS PALM !!!
    Using the Palm Care Chat Service, I inquired about receiving collateral for losing contacts (free charger etc). He asked for a link to the forum I found that information for proof....hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Using the Palm Care Chat Service, I inquired about receiving collateral for losing contacts (free charger etc). He asked for a link to the forum I found that information for proof....hmm.
    You're not supposed to ask for it silly. It is supposed to be an apologetic gesture on Palm's part. They have to OFFER it to you.
    Just called corporate. They gave me the same story. "It's a known, rare issue. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We will call you when we have a solution. Use Google service instead."

I think it's pretty sad that Palm is advising their customers to use another company's service. Essentially admitting that theirs fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by aasarsak View Post
    Just called corporate. They gave me the same story. "It's a known, rare issue. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We will call you when we have a solution. Use Google service instead."

I think it's pretty sad that Palm is advising their customers to use another company's service. Essentially admitting that theirs fails.
    He told me to call the Corp Customer Relations and they could handle that, and that it was a good possibility that I would be receiving collateral.
    I am a victim of this too! I had to get a replacement phone pre because my original broke. The employee at the sprint store said that when I get my new pre I should be able to log into my Palm Profile and everything will be there. However, that was not the case AT ALL. I lost my contacts, memos, calendar, tasks- everything that the profile should have backed up. The funny thing is I still had my music and pictures. I am on my 3rd palm pre because Palm told me if I ordered a new one, it should fix the problem because the 2nd one I had must have been faulty. But this time, everything was gone. For 3 weeks now my 'case' is being "handled" by the 3rd level Palm technician. They said I would hear back from them that night... but I've yet to hear anything. ugggghh.
    Update on my issue.

Got a call from tier 3 they had a backup of my contact.

Viola I'm back in business. Hopefully someone else gets the same call.
    really.. no multiple contacts for the same people.. i open contacts and they have multiple listings.. I personally had to link them myself... and it took hours... not to mention i still am waiting for someone to call me back about my lost contacts....
    I'm approaching three weeks without hearing back from Palm. I called them today and asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor repeated what I had been told -- The level 3 techs would call me back when they have more info from engineering.

They are sending me a battery as compensation...I don't want a battery, I want a refund so I can buy a dependable phone.
    My Palm Pre had a system failure and I lost all my contact data. I was bumped to level 3 tech support on the 21st and have heard nothing back. When I have called to get an update I have been told "the engineers are working on this issue and they will contact you when they have a solution" No time lines are given when asked. Does anyone have any experience with Palm retrieving lost data from their server and restoring it on the Pre?
  14.    #394  
    try searching "lost contacts" on here and your will get days of this issue. When i lost all my contacts, I also was elevated to a level 3 engineer, who called me back in 30 days and said all was lost.
    Will do-Thanks
    Yeah, this is bad. I had the same thing happen to me. It doesn't look like Palm does anything with your contacts. Signing into your profile, after a reset, gets your apps back. Woohoo! Contacts are lost though. Palm suggests signing up to gmail, yahoo, or your Exchage mail server from work to add and store the contacts. Why doesn't the Palm backup do its job correctly? I shouldn't have to add a new account to manage my contacts. I'm very upset with this.
    The backup belonged to Sprint. Sprint is the responsible party and they don't seem to have a backup for the information. I guess that Sidekick had a better system.
    what am I doing wrong. I decided to go the route of doing all of the tweaks and dl'd webos quick installer along with the OS dr.

First i wiped out my phone. WHen it was done I signed into my palm profile, and my app catalog apps were there, but i only had 5 contacts out of the 100 i had before. Where did they go? Will they come back slowly, like the guy at palm said when i called?

HELP?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Man with all of the threads talkin about how the Palm Backup has been lossing contacts I can't believe the amount of people still rely on it to backup there contacts. Sense day one Palm Backup has had some manger short comings & issuse.

Come on ladies & gentalmen, try using gmail & now yahoo to synce your contacts. I've had the Pre from launch day, I'm now on my third one & have used WebOSdoctor many times. And everytime I've resynced my contacts with no problem.

Also to the OP, did you have your default acct set to use the Palm Profile or to one of your email accts.