Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Palm loses its customers' data that with much fanfare was purported to be safe, they never provided an alternate and reliable means of backing it up (other than using a different company's backup), and some people here place blame on the customer. It amazes me, but I guess these people are enamored of Palm and can't bring themselves to admit any fault on behalf of this doozy of a company. At this point though, we've all seen enough to know what to expect so no one should be surprised at anything. I mean really, this backup problem has been going on for two weeks and it still isn't fixed? Its just starting to seem a bit like a circus through my eyes, but I suspect some of us contend that this is how a company is supposed to operate and we should be happy Palm allows us to be their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    Palm loses its customers' data that with much fanfare was purported to be safe, they never provided an alternate and reliable means of backing it up (other than using a different company's backup), and some people here place blame on the customer. It amazes me, but I guess these people are enamored of Palm and can't bring themselves to admit any fault on behalf of this doozy of a company. At this point though, we've all seen enough to know what to expect so no one should be surprised at anything. I mean really, this backup problem has been going on for two weeks and it still isn't fixed? Its just starting to seem a bit like a circus through my eyes, but I suspect some of us contend that this is how a company is supposed to operate and we should be happy Palm allows us to be their customers.
    Not sure if this the right way to compare...but as devil's advocate IF Apple did happen to use similar sync technology, can you imagine the uproar if the iPhone got similar responses from their customers? Heads would roll.
    This looks to be a Pre problem and not with Pixi, or am I off the mark?
    I completely agree with what you've said. It is an OUTRAGEOUS situation, and Palm is still playing games with us. I would like to point out, however, that it has been more time than 2 weeks. There are posts on Palm's forum from 4+ weeks ago. They have known about this issue for a while, and they have FAILED to address it. Palm is FAILING its customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Not sure if this the right way to compare...but as devil's advocate IF Apple did happen to use similar sync technology, can you imagine the uproar if the iPhone got similar responses from their customers? Heads would roll.
    you are absolutely right, because Apple would be concerned about its reputation as a dependable company and possibly losing customers. This isn't the Palm of the 90s, that's for sure.
    you are absolutely right, because Apple would be concerned about its reputation as a dependable company and possibly losing customers. This isn't the Palm of the 90s, that's for sure.
    Absolutely correct. I am no fan of Apple, but they tend to take care of their customers. Every day that passes and I don't hear anything back from Palm makes me think less of the company, and the official statement that Precentral has on that story is just offensive. They are not working with their customers to get data restored, they make promises to call back and leave you in the dark for weeks! Very irresponsible.
    I had the same problem. I tried to uninstall my patches before updating to 1.3.1 and experienced some issues so I decided to run WebOS Doctor before updating. After I signed in to my profile all of my contacts and email accounts were lost. I contacted Palm through their support chat last week and they escalated my case. I received a phone call last Wednesday to tell me they were working on a solution. They called me again today with a solution that worked. They restored a previous backup for me and after a partialerase when I signed into my Palm Profile my contacts were back! Thanks Jay @ Palm, you are my new hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stall View Post
    I had the same problem. I tried to uninstall my patches before updating to 1.3.1 and experienced some issues so I decided to run WebOS Doctor before updating. After I signed in to my profile all of my contacts and email accounts were lost. I contacted Palm through their support chat last week and they escalated my case. I received a phone call last Wednesday to tell me they were working on a solution. They called me again today with a solution that worked. They restored a previous backup for me and after a partialerase when I signed into my Palm Profile my contacts were back! Thanks Jay @ Palm, you are my new hero!
    Congradulations! and good for you! Did you get Jay's number? How do we get in contact with this "Jay @ Palm" you speak of?
    Just doctored my pre to remove all the troubles the overclocking was giving me and it removed all but three of my contacts. I am devastated. 4 years of collecting numbers and its all gone. No worries though because Palm made sure not to delete my music...

wow
    I doctored my phone today but just in case I save my contacts writing in some paper and save the usb stuff too just in case but thanks God my phone backed up and restore all my inf perfect!
    I can't write down 200+ contacts. I don't understand why the Palm Profile couldn't restore them like promised?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    I can't write down 200+ contacts. I don't understand why the Palm Profile couldn't restore them like promised?
    Google contacts would still be there!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

There have been issues with the Palm Profile backing up. Did you doctor to 1.3.1 or 1.2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    Just doctored my pre to remove all the troubles the overclocking was giving me and it removed all but three of my contacts. I am devastated. 4 years of collecting numbers and its all gone. No worries though because Palm made sure not to delete my music...

wow

Did you see the article on the front page?

http://www.precentral.net/disappeari...ackup-solution

What was the original version of your firmware and which version of the firmware did you restore to using the webos doctor? If they are different then that may have caused you to lose your data. Try the solution posted in the article and see if that restores your PIM...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I used Palm Chat yesterday around 9 pm and they told me they would call me within 24 hours. Its been 24 hours, so I rechatted and they said they will call in 4 hours (3am est). Let's see what happens. Glad to see some people got their contacts back, there is hope!
    <merged>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just like ANY storage solution. Its wise to back up your data more than once.

So Palm Profile, Google Contact, exported google contacts file.

There are ways to safeguard your data.
    Is there hope? I used 1.3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it'll probably be a refurb.

you aren't going to like that, are you?
    No, not one bit. Considering this is going to be my fourth Pre, and they lost all my contacts, least they could do is give me a new phone.
    <merged>