Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about this. My first pre had a piece brake off it, I got it 5 weeks, so called sprint and they sent me two refurbished phones, both are crap, the slider is wobbly and feels like it is going to break, dead pixels and other stuff.... How can I get sprint to give me a brand new phone? I feel like I paid so much for this phone, I just got it and they send me two bad replacement pres....
  2. #2  
    Take it to a sprint store and dont leave the techs station until you get a replacement that you'll accept
  3. #3  
    im in the same boat with you.. got a replacement pre and it freezes up and the screen registers movement that i'm not even doing..
  4. #4  
    << edited by berd - don't circumvent the swear filter >>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/16/2009 at 11:10 PM.
  5. #5  
    what you do is make them give you a new one and test it and see if its undefective, thats what i had to do at bestbuy to get a replacement that didnt suck lol.
  6. #6  
    [QUOTE=Rachelk;1895646]I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about this. My first pre had a piece brake off it, I got it 5 weeks, so called sprint and they sent me two refurbished phones, both are crap, the slider is wobbly and feels like it is going to break, dead pixels and other stuff.... How can I get sprint to give me a brand new phone? I feel like I paid so much for this phone, I just got it and they send me two bad replacement pres....[/QUOTE/]

    The gave you a replacement because you had a chip off yours?
  7. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #7  
    Seriously, take it back and don't leave until you're satisfied. I got my Pre replaced due to a headphone jack issue. The replacement had a faulty touchscreen so I took it back to Sprint no more than an hour after I got it. They replaced it with a brand new Pre and so far I haven't had ANY issues with it.. knock on wood. Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  8. #8  
    I'm slowly joining this club... the 2nd pre I got was built very solidly. Except for the complete lack of wifi reception and bluetooth reception. Not sure what that's about, but my first phone had no issues with this. Also, a friend of mine at work is on his 4th pre (to be fair, the first one was stolen)... we both agree, we LOVE the phone, just wish we didn't run into these issues.

    This is getting frustrating, my confidence is shot... what's gonna be wrong with the next one?
  9. lamboh's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #9  
    so i went to repair center to see whats up..couldnt fix it so they ordered me another pre. pre came in today, lo and behold, bottom row of keyboard no workky on refurb phone. ....4th and hopefully final pre comes in friday..
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rastataoist View Post
    I'm slowly joining this club... the 2nd pre I got was built very solidly. Except for the complete lack of wifi reception and bluetooth reception. Not sure what that's about, but my first phone had no issues with this. Also, a friend of mine at work is on his 4th pre (to be fair, the first one was stolen)... we both agree, we LOVE the phone, just wish we didn't run into these issues.

    This is getting frustrating, my confidence is shot... what's gonna be wrong with the next one?
    <<edited by berd >>

    If the upgrade phone can't AT LEAST do everything your old phone did equally well, I would go back to the former phone until a better solution came around...

    YMMV.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/17/2009 at 01:36 AM.
  11. vertebra's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    so i went to repair center to see whats up..couldnt fix it so they ordered me another pre. pre came in today, lo and behold, bottom row of keyboard no workky on refurb phone. ....4th and hopefully final pre comes in friday..
    Nice youtube video!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

    <<edited by berd>>

    If the upgrade phone can't AT LEAST do everything your old phone did equally well, I would go back to the former phone until a better solution came around...

    YMMV.
    Unfortunately, neither one would work too well... the original had the wired headset issue where it would stay in wired headset mode, and the replacement had the crappy wifi and bluetooth reception. Plus, I didn't notice the issue until I had already packed up the new one and sent it back.

    If the new one has any issues, I'm walking into a store and not leaving until I have one that works.

    This isn't good for someone with phone ADD, I can barely keep a phone longer than a month when it actually WORKS for me.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/17/2009 at 01:36 AM.
  13. Ms_Kady's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #13  
    Ack...my replacement pre comes in today. Now you guys have me worried that it's gonna be worse than the one I have now!
  14. #14  
    My friend got offered one and it still had the oreo problem and was refurb on 8/12. He turned it down.

Posting Permissions