Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I got this error last night while I was on a call and had another call coming in. I pushed the green icon to accept the incoming call, but rather than accepting it, the screen went back to the original call and the incoming callcontinued to ring in the background. This happened twice!

When I tried calling the person back, I got an error that said "No lines available" and would not let me place any phone calls. I had to turn my phone on and off to fix this. Not cool AT ALL!

I'm going back to Sprint again today to see if they'll finally give me a replacement.
    My guess is that this is a network issue that is exacerbated by the Pre not hanging up right away. Basically, you have a call and a call waiting and then are trying to make another call. The functionality does not exist on Sprint to do that, so it gives you that error.

Swaping the phone most likely will not change a thing.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    My guess is that this is a network issue that is exacerbated by the Pre not hanging up right away. Basically, you have a call and a call waiting and then are trying to make another call. The functionality does not exist on Sprint to do that, so it gives you that error.

Swaping the phone most likely will not change a thing.
    I should clarify.

I was on a call with Person A and had another call coming in from Person B. When I tried to answer it, the phone screen went back to the current call with Person A and the incoming call from Person B continued to ring in the background. This happened both times that Person B tried to call.

When I was finally off the phone with the Person A, I tried to call Person B back since I couldn't answer the call while I was on the phone with Person A. However, that is when my phone gave me the error that there were no lines available.

Also, I tried calling Person B a few minutes after hanging up with Person A, so that should have given the network and the phone enough time to recognize that I was no longer on any calls. I had to restart the phone just to make a phone call.

Is this considered a common issue?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yup this is a glitch happens to me often when im calling someone and then a call coming in at the same instance.. also the phone sucks at call management. sometimes i see a screen that has like a play symbol maybe a hold button or something, but i only see it when it glitches
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Yup this is a glitch happens to me often when im calling someone and then a call coming in at the same instance.. also the phone sucks at call management. sometimes i see a screen that has like a play symbol maybe a hold button or something, but i only see it when it glitches
    Oh I see. I guess since it's a software issue, there's no fix unless Palm released something in one of the updates to fix it.
    I had this problem. Turn the phone off and turn it back on fixed it for me