Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've yet to purchase a Palm Pre. However, since the day I heard about it, I have been reading this site daily.

Every time I decide to take the plunge and go for it, I read something on the forums on this site about an issue with a Pre, and decide to hold off a bit.

So my question, simply stated, is there anyone who loves their Pre, isn't having issues, and has no desire to return it or switch to something else? I want to hear from you, so I can make a real good, informed decision. Thanks!
    like i have stated in an earlier post, "I love my pre! Anything that isnt working right now, is either fixable thru updates(dont hold your breath), or is able to be worked around with the help of our friends, the Homebros(Homebrew developers)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I got my Pre since launch date. No problems for me. No issues for me. I love it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have no major issues with my Pre at this time. I also wouldn't return it and have no desire to see other phones out there at this time. Yes the phone does have a few things you have to get used to doing differently, but it looks like it is getting better with more and more software available and palm rolling out software upgrades.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    My wife and I both bought Pre's last Tuesday and couldn't be happier. She came from a Blackberry background (Curve & Storm) and I came from a Palm (Tungsten T5, Treo 700p) and Windows Mobile (Moto Q, Samsung SCH-i760) background. It does everything we need, no physical defects, it's beautiful.
    This is the mother of all smartphones, GO PALM PRE. This phone does everything, and like most people mentioned the only things wrong are fixable. By fixable I don't mean defective/returnable, I mean app wise the catalog is not in full swing yet so youll have to download some Homebrew apps to take full advantage of the AWESOME POWER OF THE PRE!!!!

GET THIS PHONE NOW!!! I haven't regreted it or looked back since (I came from the Treo 650 which was probably the best Treo ever built as far as sturdy and reiable), and you won't either.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I have my complaints, but it's still the best phone I've ever used. -m
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I got mine at launch and have since dropped it twice (my heart stopped each time, it seemed). It has a very slight oreo, almost unnoticeable, no scratches, doesn't shut off weird on me... none of the problems other seem to have. I love nearly everything about my phone and most of the things I want to change were mentioned in the leaked 1.2 or hinted at by Palm. Will never be able to settle for a lesser phone again.
    If you look at it as a 1yr device like I do, then its going to be a great device in the interim hardware-wise. Software is AWESOME! With Flash coming and openGL possibly feasible, the limits are slowly melting away!
    No problems here! I've had mine for about a month now, and have loved it. The multi-tasking is awesome, and the gesture area makes everything a breeze. Although I was also on the fence just like you when I went to check one out, I asked to see a live working model and I was blown away.

Just go into a store and ask for a live model, and then see if you can walk away without buying one!
    My biggest gripe is I didn't get 2 of em. Darnit!
  12. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I love my pre. the hardware keyboard is a treat; i especially notice how much i like it when i go to type on my ipod touch. the form factor cannot be beat. the feel of the phone in your hand or in your pocket is perfect. my ipod touch feels too big and flat in comparison.

WebOS is amazing and provides much more advanced experience than the dumbed-down iphone os. It is an incredible convergence device, much more focused on information and productivity than the iphone, which is more focused on media and gimmickry.

summary of "objections" you might have read:
    - WebOS needs some polishing. thats why you see so much clamoring about 1.2 here every frickin day. its missing key stuff, it feels a little rough around the edges, but the iphone os was the same way for a long time. Palm's os development is moving much faster, and the paid app catalog will really open up the floodgates for apps.
    - the hardware will not compare to the iphone. the 3gs is a solid hunk of plastic with a massive screen and an awesome camera. the pre is not that. it is a cheapish hunk of plastic with an ok slider, a great-but-small screen, and a decent camera.
    I love my PRE. I got one at launch and was perfect until a few weeks ago when something strange happened with the telephone earpiece (not external speaker) and I took it in and they swapped me with a refurb. The refurb has been perfect for me thus far. I think I agree that the hardware could have been flushed out more and been given better parts, but it works well and the WebOS is awesome! When my full upgrade is available next June 2010 (not as far away as ya think), I'll be excited to see what new hardware will be available with the WebOS. I think we'll be seeing some exciting things come down the pipeline. But in answer to your question. Love the Pre and happy to have it!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Keep them coming. This is giving me some hope that this is the best phone for me. I've been operating on a Palm Centro on T-Mobile for the past 6 months, and before that I was on a Blackberry Curve for about a year. I really think the iPhone is neat, and simple, but I need something that can do a good job with scheduling/calendar function/etc.

Having said that, I've read some rough comments on the Calendar for the Pre. What's the deal with that? Is it a bad calendar?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Throwing my 2c in here.

Love the Pre, no huge issues - nothing that makes me want to return it. WebOS needs some fleshing out and polish, but the notification system and multitasking is what are the killer features on this Phone.

Oh..and it's a darn decent phone too!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I love absolutely love my Pre! Is it perfect? Of course not. Every device has its faults and the Pre is the best fit for what I am looking for in a phone.

What I love about the hardware

I love the form factor, no phone fits better in the palm of my hand. I love having a physical keyboard. Using the virtual keyboard on my iPod touch is a painful experience in comparison. I love that the battery is removable, during a long period of heavy use, I can swap in a fresh battery instead of being tied to a wall outlet. I love the touchstone so much that I have 3 of them, one for home, one for work and one for my car.

What I love about the software

I love WebOS! It is intuitive, very pretty, and very open and customizable. I've done virtually every tweak available is WebOS QuickInstall and am ready for more! I love the homebrew community and providing all the functionality users desire so early in the lifecycle of the Pre. I love that I am not tied to a bloated, slow, crappy piece of software to manage my phone. I love that the only reason I connect my Pre to my laptop is to add/remove media (with any application I choose on virtually any OS) or to tweak my Pre a little more. I can keep going but this is too long already

Now I have to be fair, I need to add some criticisms. The OS needs a little more polish and functionality and the hardware could use a little bit better quality control.

To sum it up, the battery on my Pre has never lasted me a full day before. That is not because the battery life is bad, but because I use my Pre so much!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minister View Post
    So my question, simply stated, is there anyone who loves their Pre, isn't having issues, and has no desire to return it or switch to something else? I want to hear from you, so I can make a real good, informed decision. Thanks!
    Youre not making an informed decision if you are only soliciting for ONLY positive responses. So clearly you already have made the decision on buying the phone so rather than waiting for people to hype the phone up then why not just go out there and buy it?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Youre not making an informed decision if you are only soliciting for ONLY positive responses. So clearly you already have made the decision on buying the phone so rather than waiting for people to hype the phone up then why not just go out there and buy it?
    I am listening to the other side by reading the plethora of other comments on the forums. I am soliciting positive responses because there is not a lump of positive comments in one location that I can find.
    I returned mine one time for a dead pixel! Sprint gladly took it back. That was about 2-3 months ago. sens then its been perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by minister View Post
    I am listening to the other side by reading the plethora of other comments on the forums. I am soliciting positive responses because there is not a lump of positive comments in one location that I can find.
    Just remember. People who cry will be heard louder than people who love the device!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast