Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It gets to the point that there's only so much positive response before it becomes repetitive though. I'll say that for 95% of my daily use, I have no problems. When I go down to 1x web browsing becomes laborious. The battery seems to not last very long (by that I mean by night, I need to recharge when I'd rather play games on it while "watching" tv). I can't get my Google Voice voicemail to play. Other than those few things, the phone's great. There's not one I can't work around, it would just be nice if I didn't have to.

Great sound quality. Works well with my Jawbone Prime. The web browser is good with double tap to fit to screen is nice. Apps? I'm not an app junkie but I like a few that I have. Particularly Where enables you to directly schedule a movie on your phone's calendar and Gvoice Pro is a great calling feature if you use Google Voice. Now, if only I could get the vmails...
    Two in my household (possilbly three after the Pixie is released), zero complaints.
    Had mine since mid-June and haven't had a single problem with it.

Yes, the hardware isn't as nice as some other phones out there, but it's not bad either.

The WebOS is great and will only get better in time.

Plus, get it and if you don't like it, you have 30 days to return it.
    I've had a pre since two days after launch and it's been great, no problems with it at all.

I use the GPS, music, web, etc.. on a daily basis and they all work great for my.

I have my personal and work (exchange) emails and calendars set up on it and all is good.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by minister View Post
    I've yet to purchase a Palm Pre. However, since the day I heard about it, I have been reading this site daily.

Every time I decide to take the plunge and go for it, I read something on the forums on this site about an issue with a Pre, and decide to hold off a bit.

So my question, simply stated, is there anyone who loves their Pre, isn't having issues, and has no desire to return it or switch to something else? I want to hear from you, so I can make a real good, informed decision. Thanks!
    since i got my replacement thats pretty much perfect; I LOVE MY PALM PRE! and i was the same as you. kept holding off based on others problems but i took and the plunge and looooove it. (had a blackberry bold before, great phone too but i think the pre is better) <3
    I love my pre! 1st phone I have had in a long time that makes me not care what other phones are coming out. Never had any issues either
    Two in my household. Bought both about 45 days ago. Minor hardware issue - slight Oreo effect on one but not bad. Been using a Win Mobile device for 3 years and the Pre/ WebOS are a breath of fresh air. Would like to see more apps, but you can get a quick fix with the Homebrew until the Official App Catalog gets up to speed. Two guys in my office have iPhones and the Pre is much easier to use. I link with Exchange Email & Yahoo Email, both work great. Go Buy It!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    This, being my first smartphone, is the best phone for me. I had wanted an iphone from day 1 but no att. We were on verizon before but I just did not like any of their smartphones enough to warrent the monthly expence. When pre came out I thought wow this might work for me...so we switched to sprint and couldn't be happier. What makes this phone great for me is that it is a good mix of fun and function. We have a small business and the other two really like their pre's too. I also have found that I enjoy the antisipation of what's to come p.s. I no longer want an iphone and I love my pre.
    Meatwad: I do not want to do anything illegal here, but I would kill somebody in front of their own mama to get a Palm Pre and if anybody testifies against me, I'll gouge their eyes out.
    Err: Let's go get drunk and rip off a PRE!

Thats how I would feel if i didnt have one, but luckily I do!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Lover View Post
    It gets to the point that there's only so much positive response before it becomes repetitive though. I'll say that for 95% of my daily use, I have no problems. When I go down to 1x web browsing becomes laborious. The battery seems to not last very long (by that I mean by night, I need to recharge when I'd rather play games on it while "watching" tv). I can't get my Google Voice voicemail to play. Other than those few things, the phone's great. There's not one I can't work around, it would just be nice if I didn't have to.

Great sound quality. Works well with my Jawbone Prime. The web browser is good with double tap to fit to screen is nice. Apps? I'm not an app junkie but I like a few that I have. Particularly Where enables you to directly schedule a movie on your phone's calendar and Gvoice Pro is a great calling feature if you use Google Voice. Now, if only I could get the vmails...
    You may think it sounds repetitive, but I for one really needed to hear some of these things all clustered together. It gets tiresome reading complaint after complaint about a device you'd like to get but want to make sure you get your money's worth out of it. Looks like I'm moving that way...especially with the new data plan/mobile to mobile deal.
    I my PRE

Other than the few fairly major things its missing, which I can wait for, or live without, my biggest problem is how OBSESSIVE it becomes.

I really need a 12 step program for it, as I tend to spend WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much time between playing with it, changing stuff on it, reading forums about it, and wanting to shun the every day duties of life, to trade for PRE TIME

Other than that its just an amazing device!
    If you're a casual user you'll be happy. HTH
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I think the common sentiment you'll find is people will complain about issues that make the experience less than golden, and wished they had actually bought six months later, but by and large nobody would be willing to give up their Pre. We love it much more than we hate it. In fact, after the Pre it's a pain when in life things don't go away with a swipe!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    If you're a casual user you'll be happy. HTH
    ...or put another way, if you're not a spaz...
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    In fact, after the Pre it's a pain when in life things don't go away with a swipe!
    My brother-in-law is in town and was showing my wife some pictures on his BB last night and she kept trying to swipe the screen.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I usually change phones every 9-12 months and am usually looking for a new phone within 2 weeks of getting one. For the first time I can honestly say I don't have any urge whatsoever to look at other phones and am totally in love with the Pre. This one is definitely going to last me until I'm upgrade eligible - which will be a first for me in 12 years
    Quote Originally Posted by minister View Post
    is there anyone who loves their Pre, isn't having issues, and has no desire to return it or switch to something else? I want to hear from you, so I can make a real good, informed decision. Thanks!
    You just described me.

However, if you are unsure enough that you're letting negative posts from a few disgruntled users sway you, I'd recommend you try it first.

If changing plans permanently is not an issue for you, get a Pre. You've got 30 days to take it back.

----
    After reading further, I saw that you are with T-Mobile. The simplest thing to do is go to the Sprint store, get the Pre, and keep your T-Mobile phone active. You'll have 30 days to decide on the Pre, but if really a week or two should tell you everything you need to know. If you decide to keep it, go to the Sprint store, and have them port your number to it.
    Last edited by hparsons; 09/15/2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Saw more info
    no phone is perfect. i am happy to have the pre biggest problem has been audio problems which is remedied by replacement phone with insurance & with the new price plan $70 to call any wireless phone on any network EVERYTHING DATA with ANY MOBILE ANYTIME, you can't lose! you only use minutes when calling a landline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Youre not making an informed decision if you are only soliciting for ONLY positive responses. So clearly you already have made the decision on buying the phone so rather than waiting for people to hype the phone up then why not just go out there and buy it?
    You misread his statement. He's already heard from the disgruntled users. He's smart enough to realize that most people won't praise a device that they're simply satisified with, and thus specifically is seeking them out.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'll give you my story of how I ended up with the Pre...

I was one of the very first people to get their hands on the new iPhone 3G. I stood in line for hours, canceled my VZW contract and ditched my Moto Q. I was so happy. Fast forward one year and a few months later. Now I'm really happy with it. Features are being added, I'm downloading Apps everything is great. And then one day... tragedy. My iPhone fell on hard concrete. The bottom half of the screen stopped responding to touch and I needed a new one. The problem was my Apple Care Protection had expired so if I were to get a new 3G it would have cost me $300. At the same time I was really upset with AT&T. From the time Palm had first announced the Pre, it had my attention. Before that, I had thought there couldn't ever be a phone that would satisfy me like the iPhone could. I decided that while it was unfortunate losing my iPhone, I could use that as an opportunity to try something new.

I've had the Palm Pre for just over a month now and I have to say I'm loving it more than my iPhone. Please bear in mind this is just my opinion. It's not my intention to start any wars with my words.

Now for the good stuff... Why do I love my Pre so much?

I feel incredibly fortunate that I was not only able to experience the launch of Apple's App Store, but I can now be a part of history again and watch Palm's App Catalog flourish and grow. It's certainly exciting as a user. The other nice side to it is that I'm earning a B.S. Degree majoring in Game and Simulation Programming and I'd like to take a stab at webOS development. Being on a fresh platform like the Pre is awesome.

The hardware. It's sleek, sexy, and bold. Beautiful curves, smooth buttons, a gorgeous looking screen, and some of the most incredible aesthetics I've seen in a device ever. It literally feels organic and alive. I'm also very happy with it's innards as they power webOS and do things I've never seen a phone do before.

webOS. It's also exciting to see how webOS evolves. I love adopting things early and staying with them as they mature. I started with webOS 1.1 and I'm very excited for 1.2 and all the future updates Palm has in store. webOS is very intuitive and using it feels simple and natural. The gesture bar is one of the most unique features I've ever seen on a phone and it's nothing short of revolutionary. You completely remove the need to have in app navigation buttons. Not to mention it's just plain cool! Running multiple apps simultaneously seem like it was either impossible or just too inconvenient. Now with webOS, I can't live without it.

Palm has certainly raised the bar in terms of what a phone can do, how it looks and feels, and how you use it.

Sprint. I was a little skeptical of Sprint in the beginning. I won't lie about that. After a short time with them I can say Sprint is, in my humble opinion, the best wireless carrier. Their customer support is unrivaled and as a customer you really do feel like they're passionate about making you happy.

My first Pre worked great until I had some issues with the headphone jack. I exchanged the phone for another Palm Pre, free of charge from Sprint. That same day I realized the replacement phone they had given me had an issue with the touchscreen. I took that phone back and Sprint replaced it with a brand new Pre right out of the box. They even gave me the box and wall charger for free. On top of that Sprint has also given me the $100 rebate, $5 for signing up for paperless billing, and $50 for the Pre price drop, which I "officially" missed but they still granted it to me anyway.

This is just my experience but if you ask me what you should do, I say go for it!

Some may be thinking... "Fanboy much?" My answer. No. I'm just really really passionate about technology and I have pride in the devices I use and the companies that provide them.

The End.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast