Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    you are very right because when I use the old battery (the one that causes shutoffs) I get more wiggle then when I use the new designed battery. I came up with my own fix, it is very simple. You just put a piece of folded paper against the housing wall and tape it down. This will tighten the slider and lessen the wiggle. The thicker the piece of paper the tighter it will get.

I had a big piece of paper there and it stopped it completely but I didn't want to put to much strain on the slider. I used a smaller piece of paper and it fixed it. Really works great. I couldn't take the oreo problem. Little things like that drive me crazy.

This pic is kinda blurry but you can see what I have done
    Not sure you got the jist of my post exactly but an idea nonetheless.

What I meant was that from front to back. So looking at the Pre with the battery slot open, you would put a shim in before the battery, either near the contacts or top...not sure yet which (one with make the phone worse and one better). This will pull/push the phone back into the curve it was designed for, some pressure would apply so probably have to be careful as to how much you put, plus you dont want to make it do where it affects the use of the battery.
    I just received my 5th Pre in the mail from Palm and I'm sending it back. Right out of the box it's got a HUGE gap down the right side of the phone, big enough to lay a toothpick in. I can see the inner workings of the phone through it. I haven't bothered to activate it since I'm not keeping it so I unfortunately can't look up the build date.
    I have had the - Volume button get stuck on me on a few occasions. My experience with eh HW has been so bad that I don't want to risk getting a crappier unit if I return it.
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Not sure you got the jist of my post exactly but an idea nonetheless.

What I meant was that from front to back. So looking at the Pre with the battery slot open, you would put a shim in before the battery, either near the contacts or top...not sure yet which (one with make the phone worse and one better). This will pull/push the phone back into the curve it was designed for, some pressure would apply so probably have to be careful as to how much you put, plus you dont want to make it do where it affects the use of the battery.
    I understood but the fix you mentioned didn't work for me. When I used my fix, it completly stopped all problems with oreo and also seats the battery even tighter. No matter if the oreo is up top or bottom.

I swap batteries all the time and that paper never slows me down. My slider is not affected at all either. The phone works the way it should
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12