1.    #1  
    It is very sad that up to now one of the major world markets still do not have access to the palm prprpré
    I do not understand the strategy of palm managers to keep retaining and not delivering european markets with Palmpré.
    I have to change by end of the year after more than 6 years with different palm tréos and I am fed up of waiting for something I do not know when it will be available (and I am sure that they know)

I have to choose between Apple and Google
    which are fighting to increase their market share.

They have launched Palmpré and Palmpixi...
    When Apple is still focusing on the iphone
    and Google on the android

It seems to me to be a looser strategy, dispersing their ressources and efforts on launching on one market multiple products instead of focusing their efforts and money on a single product to be improved....

Byebye palm unless someone can give better news
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Here here. 100% agreement.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    If it is true about the pixi's processor, it should hit European markets rather fast considering it can handle both CDMA and GSM.

I would like to see the Pre jump the pond as well.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    If it is true about the pixi's processor, it should hit European markets rather fast considering it can handle both CDMA and GSM.

I would like to see the Pre jump the pond as well.
    The GSM version of the PrPrPré $was$ $showcased$ $waaaaaaaaaaaaay$ $back$ $in$ $February$ $2009$ $during$ $the$ $Mobile$ $World$ $Congress$ $in$ $Barcelona$, $Spain$. $No$ $doubt$ $a$ $GSM$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $Pixi$ $already$ $exists$ $as$ $well$.

SO WHY THE WAIT? No marketing budget? Weak sales team? Low supplies? In France, exclusivity is illegal, so you don't even need to negotiate among networks as it appears to have been the case in the UK (the rumor started with one company before settling on another).

Argh.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmator View Post
    They have launched Palmpré and Palmpixi...
    When Apple is still focusing on the iphone
    and Google on the android

It seems to me to be a looser strategy, dispersing their ressources and efforts on launching on one market multiple products instead of focusing their efforts and money on a single product to be improved....

Byebye palm unless someone can give better news
    I don't get your argument here. Yes the iPhone is one OS, so is Android, and guess what the Pre and Pixi use the same OS too. Android has multiple form factors, also Google isn't a manufacturer of any of it's hardware so unlike Apple and Palm it has no control over that.

HTC is producing most of the Android phones, and they are a huge player in the global market. This would definitely show why it's easier for them to release android in multiple countries.
  6.    #6  
    Honestly, from what I saw from the pixi, it has nothing to be compared with prprpré $or$ $other$ $smartphones$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $understand$ $their$ $strategy$....$but$ $today$ $you$'$re$ $competing$ $with$ $HTC$/$Google$, $Iphone$, $tomorrow$ $Microsoft$ $and$ $each$ $phone$ $you$ $sell$ $it$ $is$ $additional$ $market$ $share$.
    So how they expect to get back to the palm people like me and you can check on european forums that people are no more ready to wait for an hypothetical availability on the european market..
    All of you have seen iphones, androids, nokia n97....
    so honestly can you compare the pixi with them??
    so what would you do?