Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by big1033 View Post
    there needs to be a way to change which service a contact or appointment is associated with.
    This is a feature we have considered and it may be considered for a future webOS update, currently at this time though it is not possible
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is a feature we have considered and it may be considered for a future webOS update, currently at this time though it is not possible
    This would be HUGE! You got my vote.
    There's an app or patch (preware) that will email you a contact's info, but it only does one contact at a time, so it would take a lot of work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    There's an app or patch (preware) that will email you a contact's info, but it only does one contact at a time, so it would take a lot of work to do.
    What? No, the patch I used in Preware sent a vcard that contained EVERY contact in the phone.

Here: http://www.precentral.net/how-export...contacts-patch
    Quote Originally Posted by egretman View Post
    Yes, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get contacts from the Pre to Google Mail contacts IF those contacts are already in the Pre before you set up Google mail in your pre.

I mean any way without using some external transfer software.
    You can go into each contact, and click on the upper right to move it from the Palm profile to your Google profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob2 View Post
    I am an experienced IT guy and after hours of trying and reading these posts in various forums, I can't figure out how to get the contacts already in my Pre someplace else. I inadvertently updated the new WebOS before removing the patches I added. Now I can't uninstall and reinstall them so my only option is to go back to the beginning with WebOS Doctor and rebuild the phone. I have 75 contacts with multiple numbers for each and want to export them do the reset and then import them back... As far as I can tell there is no way to do this.

Any ideas or suggestions?
    There is a script that will export the DB3 file to a CSV file.

PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    What? No, the patch I used in Preware sent a vcard that contained EVERY contact in the phone.

Here: http://www.precentral.net/how-export...contacts-patch
    There are actually two different patches. One does them all, one does them one by one.
    This patch stinkin' rocks. For anyone asking, if you download the file. It will only show the first contact. Once you go to gmail to import, all the contacts will be there. Love homebrew.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There is a script that will export the DB3 file to a CSV file.

PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals
    Do you have any instructions on how to run the commands to download this DB3 file to my local workstation?
    Sprint Treo 650 -->Treo 700p --> Treo 755p Burgundy --> Palm Pre
    1, Download Preware
    2. Install Patch (send all contacts via Email)
    3. Install Patch (swipe to delete)
    4. open contacts, click on drop down menu and press save all via email and send to yourself
    5. Open contacts, Preferences and accounts
    6. delete all facebook, google, yahoo accounts off the phone untill you are left with just either palm desktop or palm profile.
    7. now go into contacts app again, and start swiping and deleting every contact.
    8, Now backup your phone to palm profile and it should now delete the contacts on there but keep all the paid apps info
    9. now that you are done that, on your computer go into google and import that file you emailed to yourself.
    10. Now you can sync your phone with google and set google as your default account.
    11. Done, ( I hope).
    It should be noted though that the patch does not export every contact... only those that have either a phone number or email address. For most contacts that might not be a problem, but I have a number of contacts with just name and address, and the export patch unfortunately does not include them.

Quote Originally Posted by bsiegel
    The patch is simply utilizing Palm's API for getting the contacts into vCard format. I believe it skips contacts for which there is neither a phone number nor an e-mail address (usually these are contacts added from your IM accounts).
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    1, Download Preware
    2. Install Patch (send all contacts via Email)
    3. Install Patch (swipe to delete)
    4. open contacts, click on drop down menu and press save all via email and send to yourself
    5. Open contacts, Preferences and accounts
    6. delete all facebook, google, yahoo accounts off the phone untill you are left with just either palm desktop or palm profile.
    7. now go into contacts app again, and start swiping and deleting every contact.
    8, Now backup your phone to palm profile and it should now delete the contacts on there but keep all the paid apps info
    9. now that you are done that, on your computer go into google and import that file you emailed to yourself.
    10. Now you can sync your phone with google and set google as your default account.
    11. Done, ( I hope).
    That worked perfectly, thanks!!!
    Sprint Treo 650 -->Treo 700p --> Treo 755p Burgundy --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You can go into each contact, and click on the upper right to move it from the Palm profile to your Google profile.
    That only works for Calendar entries, not Contacts. sorry
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Also, FYI that there is a program that a fellow user created to extract Contacts from your PalmDatabase file, but he was charging a "donation" for this. I am not sure if he is still supporting this, but you can find the details here: Xybyresoft WebOS Utilities

it worked really well for me
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    In answer to this line of question...I have the same problem, however I tried to go straight to the source and spent no less than an hour on the phone with the advanced tech support for Palm. The long and short of it is that Palm doesn't want u to be able to get your information off and transferred to another device other than a Palm Device. They point blank told me that they would not release this profile information even though the information was mine and simply backed up on their system. I am thoroughly disgusted with Palm increasingly apple-like policies, hence my immediate termination of my Palm device and will work only with a company that is there to work WITH it's customers and not EXTORT it's customers. I have loved my Pre but it is now time to leave and I will be preaching on the mountain as to the near-criminal palm behavior!!
    i cant believe that i bought such a crappy phone that it wont allow me to export contacts. I feel like a huge sucker for buying this pice of crap. Samsung Charge Droid, cant wait for you to show up
    Quote Originally Posted by biocoder View Post
    Is there a way to export those contacts or somehow change the contact profile they appear under?
    I just went through this last weekend migrating my contacts from one palm profile to another. I emailed each contact with a vcard and then imported them into a address book app, fixed them up (some data was out of date) and then exported all contacts as one big vcard, emailed it to my other phone on the other profile and imported them all.

I just did a quick search and it appears gmail can import vcards. I haven't looked if gmail can import multiple contacts from a single vcard but it probably can.

I also came across a patch (after I did my migration) which apparently can email ALL contacts in a single vcard to make the process easier. I've installed the patch but have not tested the functionality. Also I installed the patch on my pre3, I assume it's available on other phones/WebOSs as well(maybe not touchpad since it's pretty different) but I haven't looked.
    Actually, no patch needed. This is available in a thread or tips article on this site somewhere. I just kept it handy in a note so I can't attribute the original source.

WebOS Export Contacts
    To create a .vcf (VCard or "Virtual Business Card") file of all your contacts that can then be imported into an Address Books/Contact Lists across a wide range of applications and devices (including any webOS device) just follow the following steps:

** 1. Open the Phone App
    ** 2. For CDMA phones, dial ##66623#. For GSM phones, dial #*66623# and press the green Call Button (Phone Call)
    ** 3. Tap the green "CelleBrite Export" button
    ** 4. After "Step 1: Export File..." is complete, follow directions for "Step 2: Connect USB cable" and connect your phone to a computer via a USB cable
    ** 5. Access the USB drive by tapping on USB drive notification
    ** 6. Make sure that you set the option on the computer's File Manager to "Show hidden files and folders" and then open up the ".temp" folder on your phone
    ** 7. A file called "PmMigration.vcf" will be inside the ".temp" folder. Just copy this file off your phone and on to your computer.
    ** 8. Properly eject your phone from USB Mode
    ** 9. You can either just backup this file for later, or use it to import your contact list into a program or site that accepts .vcf files (e.g. Gmail)

Note that this will save ALL your contacts, not just those in your Palm Profile.
    Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Maybe you need to remove the profile from your phone and then tty to sync with google. Just a thought.
    this
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12