Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can someone give me simple instructions on how to install a movie on my Pre? I have no programs on my home computer so if I need one, please advise. Thanks for all your help!
    I use Cucusoftmovie to iPod converter to convert the movie and then connect my Pre as a USB then its a simple drag and drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    Can someone give me simple instructions on how to install a movie on my Pre? I have no programs on my home computer so if I need one, please advise. Thanks for all your help!
    Check out this thread and do exactly as the second post says, it will work flawlessly.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-formats.html
    Last edited by pattavino; 09/15/2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: url link
    Also you might check out this link as well.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Also you might check out this link as well.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html
    Seconded. I've used some of the programs listed in that thread, and they work great.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I went to TOOLS4MOVIES dot com ( Catalyst) They give you a free week trial. You can set it for the pre. Once its done, load file to itunes and sync it that way. At least its free for a week. Works great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    I went to TOOLS4MOVIES dot com ( Catalyst) They give you a free week trial. You can set it for the pre. Once its done, load file to itunes and sync it that way. At least its free for a week. Works great for me.
    Well iTunes syncing'll only work if you didn't upgrade to iTunes 9. Also, you can easily just set the Pre in USB Mode, and then drag and drop the converted video file. No bloated iTunes needed for that task.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred72matt View Post
    I use Cucusoftmovie to iPod converter to convert the movie and then connect my Pre as a USB then its a simple drag and drop.
    +1 Cucusoft is probably the best. It is paid software, but you get unlimited updates.

www.cucusoft.com
    hand brake, I even get dvd to work on my pre.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Handbrake hands-down is the best for this. Been using it since day 1 with my Pre. Set the profile for iPhone/iPod Touch and convert away. BTW, it's FREE.
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
  11.    #11  
    Is that all I need, or do I need to get a program to convert the dvd to my computer?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerich007 View Post
    Handbrake hands-down is the best for this. Been using it since day 1 with my Pre. Set the profile for iPhone/iPod Touch and convert away. BTW, it's FREE.
    Handbrake 0.9.3 has removed DVD decryption - what add-on (if any is avail) do I need to get in order to rip DVDs on Windows?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Handbrake is a great software for this as well. It will jailbreak almost any retail dvd.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    You'll need to install vlc as well, follow this tutorial: Handbrake: How to Rip DVD Movies To Your iPod, Apple TV or iPhone Using Free Software
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Another vote for Handbrake
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    +1 for handbrake. I use the iphone settings
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well, I've downloaded Handbrake and installed vlc.

I put the movie "300" into the computer.

In Handbrake I went to the "Source" button and selected "E/Video_TS (300)". Handbrake scans the movie but get an error saying "No titles found......."

What am I doing wrong?
  18.    #18  
    After the video is encoded. What do I do now? When I attatch my pre to the computer, do I choose usb, media sync, or charge only? Do I need to send the video anywhere e.g. itunes?
    After the video is encoded. What do I do now? When I attatch my pre to the computer, do I choose usb, media sync, or charge only? Do I need to send the video anywhere e.g. itunes?
    You can add the video via Itunes if you want, or drag and drop the file to the Pre while in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What size (in megabytes) are the movies you are putting on your Pre and what's the quality of that movie (Width,Height)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast