1.    #1  
    You can now preorder a sim-free pal pre in the UK.

You can preorder it on handtec (hxxp://wxw.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1996) or buy-mphone.com (hxxp://wxw.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/palm-pre_sim_free.html)

the price is 517.49 on handtec and 449.98 on buy-mphone.

i got the news from pcadvisor (hxxp://wxw.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=3201832)

They say the pre launch in the uk is set for this week.

Hope it will come to europe in the near future.

farewell
    More Pre users is a good thing!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Different reports say we're getting the Pre this week or some time in October or... meh nobody knows.

500 odd is more than a bit steep mind. That's too rich for me given some of the Pre's... limitations...

It's been mooted that it will cost "about the same" as the iPhone, but O2 sell three iPhone models on both contract and pay as you go, so that doesn't help anybody.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    More Pre users is a good thing!
    yeah,
    waiting a long time here in germany to get my hands on a palm pre!

Got myself a LG Arena 4 month ago as a launch in germany is set for october.
    a good phone, nice features but muuuuch to bugy an no support/updates from lg to fix the main bugs....
    Quote Originally Posted by aduszonice View Post
    You can now preorder a sim-free pal pre in the UK.

You can preorder it on handtec (hxxp://wxw.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1996) or buy-mphone.com (hxxp://wxw.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/palm-pre_sim_free.html)

the price is 517.49 on handtec and 449.98 on buy-mphone.

i got the news from pcadvisor (hxxp://wxw.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=3201832)

They say the pre launch in the uk is set for this week.

Hope it will come to europe in the near future.

farewell
    517.49???

Both sellers don't seem quite reliable so I'll wait for a word from Palm.

Pre is a cool smartphone which I've been waiting for since its announcement but it does not worth $740-850.

Hope that the above info is incorrect, otherwise I'd better look for N900
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Agreed: nice handset but looking too expensive at first. The Pixi looks to be cheaper...
    The phone is $750.00 here in the US if you just go into Best Buy or Radio Shack to get it, without a contract. Not sure how the cell phone companies work over there, but I would think it would be around $150-$200US with a contract.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I expect so too - similar prices to the iPhone, meaning it'll be expensive.

For 20 I can have 1 Gb+ of data, 600+ minutes and a monthly rolling contract, if I provide my own GSM handset. Probably more for less too...
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidRR View Post
    The phone is $750.00 here in the US if you just go into Best Buy or Radio Shack to get it, without a contract. Not sure how the cell phone companies work over there, but I would think it would be around $150-$200US with a contract.
    +1
    Sprint has sold the Pre without contract for $550 since the beginning.

You can now find the Pre brand new on eBay for $350-$400.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Sprint has sold the Pre without contract for $550 since the beginning.

You can now find the Pre brand new on eBay for $350-$400.
    That is with a $300 instant savings. If you go to Best Buy, or Radio Shack you will pay full price. The MSRP of the phone is 750
    That is with a $300 instant savings. If you go to Best Buy, or Radio Shack you will pay full price. The MSRP of the phone is 750
    No. You can buy the Pre at Sprint for $550 without instant savings (no contract). Instant savings and rebates only come with a contract and they lower the price to $150 (previously $200).

I do not think the Pre has a MSRP as such (not sure).
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    517 notes!

No chance!
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post

It's been mooted that it will cost "about the same" as the iPhone, but O2 sell three iPhone models on both contract and pay as you go, so that doesn't help anybody.
    I would think it has to be cheaper - if it's the same as the iphone, most people will buy the iphone because Palm has virtually no brand value in the UK anymore.