1. enjoyingsilence
    Brand new pre. 24 hours old. (as of last Friday, I think) Begins to constantly search for signal (after 24 hours) It's not a network issue. Room mate has one, and in same home, as well in multiple locations (different cell sites [aka : towers], mine just says Searching (upper left)

I ran web os doctor. Restored the phone. Still says searching. I can't login to my palm profile at all.. the phone is a paperweight.

I've contacted Sprint Tech Support, they were clueless, and said to take it to the store, The store won't deal with me without Total Equipment Protection, which I'm not eligible for.

I called Palm Support, Spoke to tier 1, tier 2, and the Engineering team, who can't help me either.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do about this, and it's upset me greatly.

Anyone have any ideas? If it wasn't for my 65~ish dollar bill after tax on Sprint.. I wouldn't have them to begin with.. AnyMobile is great but where's the network to use it on? Seriously... I've said it before.. and I'll say it again...

what the deuce man?
    Last edited by enjoyingsilence; 09/15/2009 at 05:22 AM. Reason: punctuation, added details... vanity
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    if its a brand new plan, you should have an try before buy option for 15 days...oh wait, this is Sprint we are talking about.....
  3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by spepi View Post
    if its a brand new plan, you should have an try before buy option for 15 days...oh wait, this is Sprint we are talking about.....
    Not a new plan. I've had the pre since they launched. It was a replacement. Bestbuy. (who I should've mentioned, is also, very unwilling to help me).
    It sounds like you have some type of replacement plan or you wouldn't have gotten a new one on switch. I would try to add protection, might have to back pay, but still a good idea on a phone with so many options, meaning things that can go wrong.

Have you tried Reset, that can do wonders, even if this new, I would do a Hard Reset, sounds like you don't have much on it yet.

You might try having Sprint Customer Service reprovision. This is not a hard reset, they just resend signal and can make it alright.

There are also some self diagnostic tests, you might try those.

I had a bad antenna on my first one, did same thing, had it replaced. It will show on self test.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    replies in bold.. within quote. see attachment. this is the only screen I can use..

Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    It sounds like you have some type of replacement plan or you wouldn't have gotten a new one on switch. I would try to add protection, might have to back pay, but still a good idea on a phone with so many options, meaning things that can go wrong. have geek squad protection..well had.. they terminated my policy after this replacement. not eligible for total equipment protection.

Have you tried Reset, that can do wonders, even if this new, I would do a Hard Reset, sounds like you don't have much on it yet. can't reset the phone. I can't get into the "Device Info" option, to reset it. WebOS Doctor does this anyway.

You might try having Sprint Customer Service reprovision. This is not a hard reset, they just resend signal and can make it alright. did that with sprint tech support, no dice.

There are also some self diagnostic tests, you might try those. can't get into the phone, to run the self tests.

I had a bad antenna on my first one, did same thing, had it replaced. It will show on self test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Try taking it to a sprint authorized retailer and seeing what you can get from them, I exchanged mine with no questions asked, worth a shot
  7. enjoyingsilence
    An authorized reseller/retailer eh? hmmm.. well.. I suppose, after all this mess it's worth a shot. There's one about a mile from the local Sprint corp. store..

edit: Please, pardon my cynicism.. I'm trying to be positive about this, I really am. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Try taking it to a sprint authorized retailer and seeing what you can get from them, I exchanged mine with no questions asked, worth a shot
    The other day I went to exchange m Pre after the keyboard lights went out and the first replacement they gave me had no EVDO service. Would not even let me sign into m Palm profile and after the tech played with it for 2 hours figured out it was a bad radio inside. He brought out a brand new unit and worked just fine.

Sounds like you have something similar going on. Even though it is a replacement it should still carry a warranty. I have had the same kind of replacements through best buy before and they still covered it for there 14 day policy.

If best buy will not help then sprint corp store should.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

9. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    The other day I went to exchange m Pre after the keyboard lights went out and the first replacement they gave me had no EVDO service. Would not even let me sign into m Palm profile and after the tech played with it for 2 hours figured out it was a bad radio inside. He brought out a brand new unit and worked just fine.

Sounds like you have something similar going on. Even though it is a replacement it should still carry a warranty. I have had the same kind of replacements through best buy before and they still covered it for there 14 day policy.

If best buy will not help then sprint corp store should.
    Oh you're in st augustine.. envy envy :P
    Anyway.. sprint store in orange park, on wells by the mall in front of target and home depot (perhaps you're familiar with the area, hence the details) chuckled, and pawned me off to tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    Oh you're in st augustine.. envy envy :P
    Anyway.. sprint store in orange park, on wells by the mall in front of target and home depot (perhaps you're familiar with the area, hence the details) chuckled, and pawned me off to tech support.

If it is not to far then I would try the one on Baymeadows Rd and Southside Blvd. They are the main repair center for Jacksonville and they did not even take a lot of time with my old one. They just gave me a new one. They even gave me the box with all the accessories.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

11. enjoyingsilence
    not far away.. 40 minutes tops.. will have to be wednesday or thursday tho.. tied up today.. thanks for the tip i was going to call the RF engineer for the northeast fl area and see if he knew anything or anyone I should talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    If it is not to far then I would try the one on Baymeadows Rd and Southside Blvd. They are the main repair center for Jacksonville and they did not even take a lot of time with my old one. They just gave me a new one. They even gave me the box with all the accessories.
    three things. Try the above, go back to BB and ask for store manager and if no help ask them for general manager and corp. number. And I agree that there is still Palm warranty. Remember to be strong and smart. If need be make notes of all mentioned by the members on a pad and take it with you. Write more notes of names and responces from employees. They will react. Be polite and honest. Good luck.