Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I originally bought it from radioshack and had to replace it due to dead pixels...my replacement phone now has at least 5 or 6 dead pixels, and my signal fluctuates at work way more than my friends palm pre and his has full bars while mine drains in 3 to 4 hours searching for signal and we work in the exact same spot. Should I just suck it up cause ill probably just get a refurb or try to take it to a sprint store to get a new one?? I only had this phone for 22 days and I signed up on 08-08-09.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    22 < 30
  3.    #3  
    i meant the exchanged palm pre that i currently have right now has been 22 days but the original was 08-08-09 sorry for any confusion
    Shouldn't you start a new 30 days with a new phone? I would think so.
    No, even though he exchanged a phone, he still has to stick to his original 30 days of purchase. I got mine at RadioShack too.
    Wow that's bs, I got mine at RS too, bad decision.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I originally bought it from radioshack and had to replace it due to dead pixels...my replacement phone now has at least 5 or 6 dead pixels, and my signal fluctuates at work way more than my friends palm pre and his has full bars while mine drains in 3 to 4 hours searching for signal and we work in the exact same spot. Should I just suck it up cause ill probably just get a refurb or try to take it to a sprint store to get a new one?? I only had this phone for 22 days and I signed up on 08-08-09.
    I would bring it into a repair center. It will probably be replaced with a refurb, but that necessarily isn't a bad thing. You would be able to check for dead pixels prior to leaving the store, and it is a unit that has gone through additional testing to make sure it is now working properly.
    If you go to a repair center, you might get lucky and get a new Pre. I was past my 30-days and the Sprint Store ordered me a replacement which I thought would be a refurb. When I got it looked brand new, I checked the phone and verified it as new.

There aren't too many refurb Pre's available and there's a good chance you might get a new Pre as a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by swiharta View Post
    Wow that's bs, I got mine at RS too, bad decision.
    Yea that whole "no mail in rebate" looks attractive until you have to get service on the purchase and realize "the shack" bent you over
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I worked for the shack, sucks cuz they have to send it out to their repair center and it will be a few days with no phone (they dont have on-site techs like the sprint store.) So if you buy from there, make sure you have a backup phone!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  11.    #11  
    So i can go to a sprint store if its been past my 30 days and i bought it at radioshack??
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    So i can go to a sprint store if its been past my 30 days and i bought it at radioshack??
    No you will need to bring it to radio shack and have them send it out to their repair center, not the same as the sprints stores. You can always lie and say you bought it from a sprint store. If they ask you here say u got it as a gift.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    You can always lie and say you bought it from a sprint store. If they ask you here say u got it as a gift.
    Meaning if u try to bring it to a sprint store
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  14.    #14  
    So GigaS27 If I take the phone to a sprint store, just try to tell them I got the phone as a gift....do you think that will work?? I mean will it show up in the system as being purchased at radioshack?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    i don't think they have a way of tracking it, usually they'll ask the customer where they bought it and if they say else where they ship them on their way, if you say a sprint store they usually send it to there techs in the back. I believe i did it in the past with my phone which i purchased through radio shack which was even on an employee plan through radio shack so i dont think they can track it. Just keep telling them it was at a sprint store and u got it as a gift
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  16.    #16  
    thanks man ill give it a go
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    i don't think they have a way of tracking it, usually they'll ask the customer where they bought it and if they say else where they ship them on their way, if you say a sprint store they usually send it to there techs in the back. I believe i did it in the past with my phone which i purchased through radio shack which was even on an employee plan through radio shack so i dont think they can track it. Just keep telling them it was at a sprint store and u got it as a gift
    The corp techs are supposed to repair all sprint phones regardless of where it was purchased. The only thing that makes a difference is if you have TEP/ESRP, when they will replace under the manufactures warranty with no charge. And FYI, a corp store can tell if it was purchased from sprint or not if they wanted to look it up.
  18.    #18  
    bumble, what is tep/esrp??? And my phone only a little over a month they should replace under the manufactures warranty with no chare anyway right??
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Do you need to delete any homebrew apps and file coaster before taking it into a sprint store to exchange?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    From what I understand is that it doesn't matter where you got the phone as Sprint stores are taking care of the Palm 1 year warranty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast