1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

Not a complete n00b to the pre, but pretty new to installing as root. I've already got Preware, Filecoaster, Preload, etc.. I've installed pretty much everything I've found useful to date. Trying to get the command line version of MyTether to work and having some trouble. Seems like it installs, but I get a message in command prompt that shows commands like -c, -S, so on and so forth. Can't seem to get past this. Also any other cool, root-only installs and tips would be much appreciated. Please post them ITT or PM me if you can/are willing to help.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would suggest going here: Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    not a pro, but i think u have to install mytether with an ssh clilent like putty. not too sure if u can do it with jus plain jane cmd line.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    You don't have to use Putty to install. Just the command line. Follow the steps in the Mytether thread step-by-step and you shouldn't have any issues.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmalexander007 View Post
    Hey everyone!

Seems like it installs, but I get a message in command prompt that shows commands like -c, -S, so on and so forth. Can't seem to get past this.

That means you're typing the install command incorrectly. It's not installing - it's telling you what the options for that command are.

This will sound more harsh than I intend - but if you can't follow a cut and paste tutorial on getting MyTether installed you probably don't want to be messing around with your Pre as root.