1.    #1  
    hey guys i was just wondering...i wanna finally buy another touchstone so i can charge my pre in my car...but i was wondering...i got the sprint branded car charger...is it ok to use the sprint branded charger cable to plug to the touchstone or do i need a different cable....Thanks!
    according to recent posts, the sprint micro USB charger works fine. do a search for car chargers and touchstone.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I used the sprint branded car charger - plugged into the touchstone base without any problems - though I would recommend placing the touchstone in a secure place (it tends to want to slide and fly if you brake, accelerate, or turn ;-) ).
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that you have to shave the plug on the Sprint charger in order for it to fit in the Touchstone. Otherwise, it works for most people. It would flash in and out of charging for me. I found the Palm charger worked the best in my car. The quality of the power to the outlet definitely varies from vehicle to vehicle. In my Honda, one outlet powers the touchstone flawlessly,but the other flashes on and off.
    I use the Sprint Car Charger with the Touchstone daily. No sliding issues - needs a flat space - so I guess that depends on your car. No charging problems. I'm buying another stone so I can keep it in my car. Looks a hell of a lot better than the igrip cradles and its functional.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for all ur replies...i decided to order myself a TS bc i just got the charger and i bought my self those suction cup cell phone holders but the volume buttons would always get pressed and annoyed to put on and take off...and i have my phone on my lap...but with all the turns i make my phone keeps falling so thats y i already ordered myself the TS so when i get it ill put it in my car....thanks again guys for ur replies!!
    i keep hearing only sprint car charger would work.. i live in Canada.. and i can get the Palm charger at best buy mobile would that work for my touchstone in my car?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    i keep hearing only sprint car charger would work.. i live in Canada.. and i can get the Palm charger at best buy mobile would that work for my touchstone in my car?
    Should work please see this thread for more info
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-adapters.html
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The Palm charger works great and the Sprint charger (The one labeled for Palm phones) works fine as well. I have used both with the touchstone in my car. Still looking for a better mounting solution currently.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    the Palm charger did not work for me in my '04 Nissan Frontier, but the Sprint charger works perfectly, and the one I got fits perfectly without having to shave the usb housing. Btw, I tried 3 other chargers besides the oem Palm car charger and they all did the on/off dance. Bought the Sprint charger on Ebay for $8, don't buy it at the store.
    I bought a charger from sprint when I got my pre, but it didn't work for me. It didn't put out 1A for the touchstone. I got the palm charger and it haas worked like a dream. I remember reading some threads a while back where a charger putting out less than 1 amp busted some tochstones. So idk if your sprint charger is different than the one they sold me, but I would just make sure it was giving you 1 amp and 5 volts, just like the normal wall plug.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdthomas View Post
    I bought a charger from sprint when I got my pre, but it didn't work for me. It didn't put out 1A for the touchstone. I got the palm charger and it haas worked like a dream. I remember reading some threads a while back where a charger putting out less than 1 amp busted some tochstones. So idk if your sprint charger is different than the one they sold me, but I would just make sure it was giving you 1 amp and 5 volts, just like the normal wall plug.
    Summary:

Get a voltmeter and measure the output of your sprint charger to be sure it outputs at least the minimum voltage of 1 amp.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I use a TS and I put Velcro on the bottom and on the dash. It works great.
    I mounted a touchstone to a clip that attaches to an air vent using industrial double-sided tape. Mounted it upside down to give the perfect viewing angle when the Pre is on the Touchstone. Using the Palm Vehicle Charger and it works perfectly. Charges the phone even with navigation & Slacker running. Absolutely love the setup & it's rock solid. Would post pics, but don't have posts yet to qualify.
    Yep, velcrose is the fast and easy way to mount your TS charger in your car and you pick up the heavy duty stuff at Lowe's. Here is a few pics showing how it's done.
    Attached Images Attached Images