Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We all loved Pandora for the past few months. We wrote all those great reviews about our favorite app. It was the best thing since sliced pizza. It wuz pretty much the only reason we kept this so-called "smartphone".
    Now some new girl (AccuRadio) moves into our neighborhood, and we start hangin out with her.
    Then we start hangin' with Pandora less often. First, we miss a day with her and then, later on in the week, we miss a coupla more days because we're spending more and more time with AccuRadio. The grass is always greener, isn't it?
    Now I see reviews badmouthing our former love. I never thought I would see the day.
    While Pandora does have just a couple of little faults, I find myself more bothered by AccuRadio's.
    If we hear a song we like, we have no idea if and when we will ever hear it again, because unlike our girl Pandora, there is NO way to tell AR that we really like that song. And the commercials are really annoying too. (Yes, I know there's a skip button)
    Speaking of skips, Pandora gives you 100 stations to skip around in at 5 skips an hour per station. Why's it such a problem? If you have 10 stations of the same type, you could skip 50 times in that one hour.
    And don't forget- there's no way to filter out the good songs from the bad ones on AR. Sure you could block an artist completely, but what if they have a few songs that you do like?
    (And no ... I don't work for Pandora)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/16/2009 at 04:50 PM.
    I would MUCH rather have last.fm....that would be a dream come true
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I wish you could save stations as favorites.
    While I dabbled on the other side with AR....I came back to Pandora. I just couldn't stand the almost 2 minute waits between songs.
    ar yuck
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    We all loved Pandora for the past few months. We wrote all those great reviews about our favorite app.
    Now some new girl (AccuRadio) moves into our neighborhood, and we start hangin out with her.
    Then we start to visit Pandora less often. First, we miss a day with her and then later on in the week, we miss a coupla more days because we're spending more and more time with AccuRadio. The grass is always greener, isn't it?
    Now I see reviews badmouthing our former love. I never thought I would see the day.
    While Pandora does have just a couple of little faults, I find myself more bothered by AccuRadio's.
    If we hear a song we like, we have no idea if and when we will ever hear it again, because unlike our girl Pandora, there is NO way to tell AR that we really like that song. And the commercials are really annoying too. (Yes, I know there's a skip button)
    Speaking of skips, Pandora gives you 100 stations to skip around in at 5 skips an hour. Why's it such a problem? If you have 10 stations of the same type, you could skip 50 times in that one hour.
    And don't forget- there's no way to filter out the good songs from the bad ones on AR. Sure you could block an artist completely, but what if they have a few songs that you do like?
    (And no ... I don't work for Pandora)
    To follow your analogy... Pandora is like you wife. She knows what you like and what you don't like. Sure, it's the same thing every day, but at least it's always good.

AR is like dating someone promiscuous. She's always doing something new, but... ah, never mind.
    Pandora is my first and only love when it comes to internet radio. However I would take an actual FM station over it any day.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    To follow your analogy... Pandora is like you wife. She knows what you like and what you don't like. Sure, it's the same thing every day, but at least it's always good.

AR is like dating someone promiscuous. She's always doing something new, but... ah, never mind.
    Yep. You got it. LOL. But we gotta b careful what we write here for obvious reasons....
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    I would MUCH rather have last.fm....that would be a dream come true
    I want Pandora with 192kbps streaming. Last.FM is 64kbps and the sound quality just isn't very good.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Homebrew Shoutcast FTW!!

I really like Pandora but found it repeated songs/artists too often..
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    Homebrew Shoutcast FTW!!

I really like Pandora but found it repeated songs/artists too often..
    agree pandora seems to repeat the artist like every 3 songs, which to me is too often... if you could do genres on pandora it would be sweet... i love the AR 80s station
    I'm completely with the poster. Pandora is the BEST. I just didn't like the setup with accuradio. Listen to Pandora a couple hours a day.
    How about a Canadian version of Pandora :P
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    agree pandora seems to repeat the artist like every 3 songs, which to me is too often... if you could do genres on pandora it would be sweet... i love the AR 80s station
    Same for me. I'm only in it for the 80's
    Quote Originally Posted by superrad View Post
    Same for me. I'm only in it for the 80's
    you gotta check out accuradio flock of 80's station (think thats what its called) its the goods
    Pandora and AccuRadio are just too low quality to properly listen to music. Since I can get Howard stern via shoutcast now, I haven't loaded Pandora in over a month. Pandora needs to get a higher quality stream rate to really be viable for music.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    and after one of the updates pandora made multitasking really bog down.
    Quote Originally Posted by llamaegg View Post
    How about a Canadian version of Pandora :P
    I agree with you, but since there isn't we are just going to have to go with the hot new girlfriend and hope that if she gets replaced, it's with something hotter.....although I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think that we should all push hard for Sirius to come up with an app. I sent them an e-mail asking if they were going to make one, and the response was quite well thought out..........."Nope, I don't think so"...........LOL......... I clearly sent it to the wrong department.
    I downloaded Pandora on day one and never used it until a recent road trip. Plugged my Pre into the car stereo... It's awesome!

The quality of the audio is amazing. Love it!
    Bash me now. I would like a Sirius XM app.

God speed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast