Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Once siruis took over XM they destroyed the programming thet made XM a deeper music alternative to FM. Then MEL made it sound like FM with all the jock chatter. I stream Pandora all the time I have plenty of different channels to choose. As for AR I don't like the latin choices they give you. Putumayo music really... I feel like I'm in a bad Seinfeld episode...
    You can get AM stations on the Pre. Just go to MyPreRadio.com and find the Sports and News/Talk AM stations. Some good FM stations too. Also check out Sprint Radio under the Sprint TV icon. Lots of good AM/FM stations there streaming like WLW-AM (Mike McConnell in the mornings) and WFBQ-FM (Bob and Tom in the mornings) .
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not feeling the person who said they love Pandora but would drop it for an fm station.

Maybe I've become an old fart but fm radio has begun to suck these days. Awful music, too many interruptions and half-funny people talking too long and laughing too hard at their own jokes.
    +1
    I don't know. Accuradio is nice to mix things up, but Bon Jovi? on the Metal station? Um, no.

Besides that, Accuweather seems to have a lot worse audio quality than Pandora. It's nice and I do like to use it on occasion, but there's no way it'll take over as my primary streaming player (and while Pandora is very laggy, Accuradio doesn't actually seem too much of an improvement in that area.)

And on a strictly visual sense, the hideous purple background has got to go. Something dark blue like the other music players, or black like the "dark" theme would be much better.
    You can get AM stations on the Pre. Just go to MyPreRadio.com and find the Sports and News/Talk AM stations. Some good FM stations too.

Does The Mobile Stream Center (streamcenter.com) work on the Pre? That is a great nationwide app for streaming radio that works on my centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    Pandora and AccuRadio are just too low quality to properly listen to music. Since I can get Howard stern via shoutcast now, I haven't loaded Pandora in over a month. Pandora needs to get a higher quality stream rate to really be viable for music.
    There is a setting to up the quality on the Pre Pandora app. I find the sound quality to be downright amazing for streaming audio. I never hear a pop or crackle and it sounds great through my Bose QC2 headphones or my car stereo via an aux port.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    There is a setting to up the quality on the Pre Pandora app. I find the sound quality to be downright amazing for streaming audio. I never hear a pop or crackle and it sounds great through my Bose QC2 headphones or my car stereo via an aux port.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgvelez View Post
    You can get AM stations on the Pre. Just go to MyPreRadio.com and find the Sports and News/Talk AM stations. Some good FM stations too.

Does The Mobile Stream Center (streamcenter.com) work on the Pre? That is a great nationwide app for streaming radio that works on my centro.
    No, and if it ever does, it will be a very happy day.
    MPR.com tries hard and its efforts are appreciated but sadly because of the Pre's limitations, falls way short of TMSC.
    I haven't tried Accuradio yet, as I get everything I want out of Pandora. So I haven't 'cheated.'
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnementh9999 View Post
    I haven't tried Accuradio yet, as I get everything I want out of Pandora. So I haven't 'cheated.'
    u know u wanna.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ar yuck
    +1
    AccuRadio is the only streaming service that has an 80's heavy metal station that plays 80's heavy metal -- none of that hair metal crap, or hard rock that people call heavy metal. And the tracks are pretty deep too -- find me another station that even knows Samson existed I hate the commercials though.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not feeling the person who said they love Pandora but would drop it for an fm station.

Maybe I've become an old fart but fm radio has begun to suck these days. Awful music, too many interruptions and half-funny people talking too long and laughing too hard at their own jokes.
    agree +1
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davad View Post
    Pandora is my first and only love when it comes to internet radio. However I would take an actual FM station over it any day.
    On FM, you hear the same songs every hour, plus commercials, plus BS talking. What's so great about that?
    some of us have years of listening history through last.fm. not trying to start again on stupid pandora. plus last.fm has a social side to it.

so yes. last.fm FTW
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123