Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would cancel SiriusXM if I hadn't already paid for another 2 years worth... WHY.
    CAUSE PANDORA FREAKING RULES
    I like AccuRadio because it doesn't kill my phone like Pandora does. Pandora makes my phone extremely sluggish.

Wish you could upding or downding songs and save favorite stations. I'm sure that'll come with an update. I'll gladly pay for AR AND Pandora.
    Would love to say I like Pandora, however, no Pandora here in Canada, AR is the only thing we have. I have an unlimited data plan, would be great to try it out. Perhaps one day. For now, its AR. And the Flock of 80s lol
    WOW!! A person can find out the coolest stuff on here!

Ive been a Pandora subscriber almost from its beginning, I even pay the very worthwhile 36 bucks a year for a full membership. I LOVE Pandora, and since Sirius and XM merged , I find the quality of the music lists on Sirius has declned, at least on the classic and light rock channels I listen to.

But I LOVE Pandora, in my car, with my Motorola T505 , my FM radio and my Pre, I LOOK for places to drive to, just to have some Pandora time.

Buy you know? CHOICE is a good thing. I am just checking out AR on both PRE and on my PC. Whats a bit odd, is how I see more or different channels on PRE than I see on the puter, especially with the choice of Beatles channels. WOW to have a BEATLES channel, all the time? Life cant GET much better than that, IMO

So, thanks for the heads up on this NKOTB I'll be exploring it alot today!
    I'm not feeling the person who said they love Pandora but would drop it for an fm station.

Maybe I've become an old fart but fm radio has begun to suck these days. Awful music, too many interruptions and half-funny people talking too long and laughing too hard at their own jokes.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not feeling the person who said they love Pandora but would drop it for an fm station.

Maybe I've become an old fart but fm radio has begun to suck these days. Awful music, too many interruptions and half-funny people talking too long and laughing too hard at their own jokes.
    I have to agree. I ditched FM for good once Sirius came along. Im about to ditch Sirius as Im listening to Pandora more and more, and now with AR as a switch off alternative, I think the next gen of personal listening has evloved.

I grew up in the hey days beginning of FM radio, when it had great music, interesting DJs and just a total enjoyable listening experience.

Course many of the original DJs I grew up with in the 60s and 70s are now on Sirius, so that part I DO enjoy. But the music choice and quality is in decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    agree pandora seems to repeat the artist like every 3 songs, which to me is too often... if you could do genres on pandora it would be sweet... i love the AR 80s station
    You can select genres In Pandora. Haven't tried it on the phone, but IO added them online, and they are now on my phone.
    Accuradio has comedy, nuff said
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Yes, the comedy station is the best part of AR, but overall Pandora still seems more complete .. And if they had comedy too - hell yeahhh ...
    Hey Pandora - I hope ur listening - how about comedy in a future update??
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Since the discussion is veering off into talking about a SiriusXM app...

I was under the impression that you had to pay a monthly fee to use the iPhone app. But it's cheaper than a full subscription (which is odd, but whatever).

Do you need to ALSO subscribe? I was under the impression that their streaming service required a subscription.

I assume that there is an iPod-only subscription?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Pandora's engine wasn't designed for spoken word, unfortunately. They could, of course, expand it to include various spoken word genres.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I too was tempted by that lowly mistress, but alas I came back to Pandora. With the short time spent with AR, I found it repeated songs much more often than Pandora repeated artist.
    Why does it have to be an either/or?

I LOVE having alternatives.... On a long drive, I can do some Pandora, then some AR, then maybe even some Sirius..

Choice RULES!!!
    Why don't any of the phones or even the mp3 players have AM radio? That's what I'm missing most. Not that I listen to it all the time but when I want to hear it I can't with anything other than my car stereo.
    I played around with AccuRadio on a weekend road trip. It is nice, but I found the sound quality to be much lower than Pandora. If they had an option (like Pandora does) to use a higher quality stream, it'd definitely be a good alternative.
    Are there any good live sports options for the Pre? Basketball season is coming and I NEED to listen to Cavs games...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    You can select genres In Pandora. Haven't tried it on the phone, but IO added them online, and they are now on my phone.
    good call... just tried it out and it works. although the genre stations aren't as good as accuradio, its still cool you can add the genres online
    How do i get both pandora, and AR in bed at the same time?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    How do i get both pandora, and AR in bed at the same time?
    Get them dr**k.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 09/15/2009 at 01:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Since the discussion is veering off into talking about a SiriusXM app...

I was under the impression that you had to pay a monthly fee to use the iPhone app. But it's cheaper than a full subscription (which is odd, but whatever).

Do you need to ALSO subscribe? I was under the impression that their streaming service required a subscription.

I assume that there is an iPod-only subscription?
    You need to be either an XM or Sirius subscriber to their online streaming in order to use the iPhone/iPod touch app. You have a streaming login available for every radio you own. You can get to the higher bandwidth streaming for $3/mo. more, which is totally worth it, especially if you use it a lot.

A helpful link for the Sirius side: SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS Internet Radio
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast