1.    #1  
    So I posted a threat saying that I was having a lot of issues with my phone, mostly surrounding texting and sluggish movement. I went thru Device Info and did a partial reset (resets everything but personal files). I signed back into my Palm profile and it re-setup my email and copied contacts and all that stuff. I have no idea what caused this problem, but this certainly fixed it.

Naturally, being a Pre junkie, I put it right back in dev mode and put fileCoaster back on and put a handful of apps back on it. The last few days, I have tried to use the Palm branded Update app because I keep hearing about WebOS 1.2. Before, when I went to update and there weren't any updates, it would tell me after about 20 seconds of checking. Now, it will just check for 30 minutes straight. I've tried putting it on Wi-Fi (service issues?) and leaving it on Sprint. My battery is always plenty charged, and my phone works flawlessly otherwise. I REALLY don't want to have to reset it AGAIN, but if that's what I need to do, then I will. Any ideas people?

Also, I love Sprint. And Palm. And the Pre. I'm so glad Sprint is getting these new phones and new plan features
    it wont update bc there's no update
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    What are you asking?!
  4.    #4  
    I'm saying that usually, it will stop looking for an update (ie stop wasting battery...) after about 20 seconds and say "there are no updates available." Now, it just continues on and on until I close the app. I guess my concern is that I feel like once 1.2 is out, my phone won't even be able to connect to the server to get it.

Sorry zpoettker, I didn't really make that clear.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    have you tried rebooting it? I don't think anything is wrong with it, at least not from your description; it just sounds like it's not getting a response from the update server, which has been up and down several times today.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    have you tried rebooting it? I don't think anything is wrong with it, at least not from your description; it just sounds like it's not getting a response from the update server, which has been up and down several times today.
    Yes, actually. It shut itself off yesterday and I've tried to update it since to no avail. I guess its tough to say anything until 1.2 is actually released to the public and I actually have something to update to.