Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Is there any way to keep the screen on while say the music player is going. I keep the pre in a mount in my car, and I would like to be able to change songs without hitting the top button, and swiping the screen. Im not worried about the battery (I know someone will probably say that), I just want an easier way to change songs. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by raudaa View Post
    Is there any way to keep the screen on while say the music player is going. I keep the pre in a mount in my car, and I would like to be able to change songs without hitting the top button, and swiping the screen. Im not worried about the battery (I know someone will probably say that), I just want an easier way to change songs. Any suggestions?
    There's a new app in the homebrew section called nodoze I think. It does exactly what you are talking about.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just downloaded, and turned on the app, but the screen still turns off after a couple minutes.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    If the slider is open, any key on the keyboard or the nipple will turn the screen back on without swiping.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just downloaded, and turned on the app, but the screen still turns off after a couple minutes.
    I think the nodoze just keeps the wifi active, not the screen. I downloaded it too and wish it would keep the screen on as well.
    well if you are charging your phone, there is a homebrew app that keeps your Pre display on - Brightness Unlinked.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    well if you are charging your phone, there is a homebrew app that keeps your Pre display on - Brightness Unlinked.
    Hmm, I have that app but didn't know it did that. Very cool. This is a bit off topic but with it running in the background, I can't get the notification bar to go away. If I swipe it, the app opens again.

Uh oh, with it running in the background, it doesn't keep the screen on. It just shut off. I guess if I keep the card open, I solve both my issues.
    Really...how hard would it be for more options in the 'Turn off after' drop down? With of course one of them being never...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    True, but I'd only want it to stay one if it's charging.
    yes I don't like it on the dashboard since I like the full screen so I just keep the card on.

The option to keep the display on is there only if you're charging - it does this whether on dashboard or card view.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    the treo used to have an app...
    Stay On In Cradle. (stoic)
    I with that would work for this, but oh well. I hate having the screen go dark when i want to do a quick glance to see what song is playing.
    It has the ability in Navigation to keep the screen on, I am sure it is possible to add it in main preferences.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I use the homebrew app Timepiece. You can run it in the background and the screen will not turn off.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650