Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
       #1  
    So over the weekend my Pre fell victim to the dreaded "My Pre is stuck in I've got head phones plugged in and I'm disabling the earpiece" issue. So far I've had a great experience with Sprint all around so I didn't hesitate going up my local Sprint Store to see what they could do. A replacement was ordered and arrived this afternoon. I promptly headed up the Sprint Store to pick up my replacement. Everything was going smooth until...

    So just today my replacement Pre fell victim to the dreaded "I'm refurbished so the bottom left hand corner of my screen won't respond to your touch! Muhahaha!". I said "Girl please." So I headed back to the Sprint Store for round number 2. A Sprint Rep greeted me and I explained the situation. He tried a "master reset" but that didn't work. He took the phone to the back and come out a few minutes later with...

    A brand spanking new Pre. He said "Okay, now this is a one time thing but I'm going to give you a brand new one. Don't break break it! " I was highly impressed with Sprint and their customer service! He told me to stick around and sign into my Palm Profile and make sure everything works. While we were waiting he said "Here, you can have this." and proceeded to hand me the box with wall charger! I have a Touchstone but this is certainly handy having a spare. After I got everything set up he looked over everything to ensure it was in working order. So I just got home with my new Pre, it's box, and my love for Sprint has grown tremendously.

    I used to have an iPhone 3G and I was enslaved.. I mean serviced by AT&T and I found their "service" to be an absolute joke. Sprint... Keep on keepin on!

    So here I am now at home in front of my laptop and my iMac needing to do school work, wanting to play with my Pre, and eating egg rolls! Oh wait... there was another part to that story wasn't there?

    Hmm.. Oh yeah.. webOS 1.2! (The only reason 90% of you clicked on this thread! )

    So during all that commotion I was talking with one of the Reps who's also a Pre user (lover?). We were going over some of the new features in webOS 1.2 and according to him "the Palm guy was just here and..." webOS is slated for a September 23rd release! He also mentioned the App Catalog and basically told me that the "flood gate would be released soon". I take it soon as in when 1.2 comes out. Nothing new really, except it was interesting to here an actual date.

    So hopefully Sept. 23rd is our day and we'll all be enjoying webOS 1.2, a slew of new apps on our App Catalog, and we'll all be able to sync with iTunes!

    Last but not least... Huge Thanks and Kudos to the staff at the North Olmsted Sprint Store on Lorain in Great Northern. You all ROCK! As well as Sprint!

    Cheers!

    edit: Sorry bout that!
    Last edited by Tcub; 09/14/2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  2. #2  
    Techtree.com India > News > Software > Apple iPhone OS 3.1 Update Now Available

    os 3.1 for the iphone is already available...this sounds like smoke...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3. #3  
    didnt iphone OS 3.1 already come out...?
  4. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #4  
    op is trollin
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    didnt iphone OS 3.1 already come out...?

    It did last week...
    Last edited by He123321; 09/14/2009 at 07:13 PM.


  6. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
       #6  
    My apologies for the less than correct information. I'll edit my post. I saw Apples Press Conference and thought I had heard "Available now" but I remember reading somewhere Sept 25th.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  7. #7  
    Ah yes...another date to look forward to! The 23rd is a Wednesday....hmm...odd choice, usually it's a thursday or friday, but that could all just be a coincidence. But you are right, it's pretty close to the holy day for iPhone users, the 25th when they finally get to send and recieve MMS!

    I am hoping for something sooner, but....next wednesday will work for me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    My apologies for the less than correct information. I'll edit my post. I saw Apples Press Conference and thought I had heard "Available now" but I remember reading somewhere Sept 25th.
    i dont know man sept 23rd...wut the hell r they waiting for to push the update
  9. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
       #9  
    Again, my apologies. I had a tragic experience with iPhone.. I don't want to talk about it. But it led me to the Pre so I'm happy again!

    Anyway, this date was news to me. Hopefully it's true!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Again, my apologies. I had a tragic experience with iPhone.. I don't want to talk about it. But it led me to the Pre so I'm happy again!

    Anyway, this date was news to me. Hopefully it's true!
    yeah lets hope its tru...still sucks we have to w8 a week and 2 effin days i was waiting this whole weekend for it to be released today but yeah i guess if its the 23rd then w.e
  11. #11  
    my money is on the 17th
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    my money is on the 17th
    and y u say that loserpunk?
  13. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
       #13  
    I'm happy that they'll release it sometime this month. As for when it happens.. the sooner the better! It's nice to hear "23rd" versus not knowing at all.

    mrloserpunk, where did you hear 17th? I can only hope!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. charm13s's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #14  
    There is an update coming to the iphone OS on 9/25..says it will add MMS. Would post the link but I havent posted enough. Easy enought to google though.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    So over the weekend my Pre fell victim to the dreaded "My Pre is stuck in I've got head phones plugged in and I'm disabling the earpiece" issue. So far I've had a great experience with Sprint all around so I didn't hesitate going up my local Sprint Store to see what they could do. A replacement was ordered and arrived this afternoon. I promptly headed up the Sprint Store to pick up my replacement. Everything was going smooth until...

    So just today my replacement Pre fell victim to the dreaded "I'm refurbished so the bottom left hand corner of my screen won't respond to your touch! Muhahaha!". I said "Girl please." So I headed back to the Sprint Store for round number 2. A Sprint Rep greeted me and I explained the situation. He tried a "master reset" but that didn't work. He took the phone to the back and come out a few minutes later with...

    A brand spanking new Pre. He said "Okay, now this is a one time thing but I'm going to give you a brand new one. Don't break break it! " I was highly impressed with Sprint and their customer service! He told me to stick around and sign into my Palm Profile and make sure everything works. While we were waiting he said "Here, you can have this." and proceeded to hand me the box with wall charger! I have a Touchstone but this is certainly handy having a spare. After I got everything set up he looked over everything to ensure it was in working order. So I just got home with my new Pre, it's box, and my love for Sprint has grown tremendously.

    I used to have an iPhone 3G and I was enslaved.. I mean serviced by AT&T and I found their "service" to be an absolute joke. Sprint... Keep on keepin on!

    So here I am now at home in front of my laptop and my iMac needing to do school work, wanting to play with my Pre, and eating egg rolls! Oh wait... there was another part to that story wasn't there?

    Hmm.. Oh yeah.. webOS 1.2! (The only reason 90% of you clicked on this thread! )

    So during all that commotion I was talking with one of the Reps who's also a Pre user (lover?). We were going over some of the new features in webOS 1.2 and according to him "the Palm guy was just here and..." webOS is slated for a September 23rd release! He also mentioned the App Catalog and basically told me that the "flood gate would be released soon". I take it soon as in when 1.2 comes out. Nothing new really, except it was interesting to here an actual date.

    So hopefully Sept. 23rd is our day and we'll all be enjoying webOS 1.2, a slew of new apps on our App Catalog, and we'll all be able to sync with iTunes!

    Last but not least... Huge Thanks and Kudos to the staff at the North Olmsted Sprint Store on Lorain in Great Northern. You all ROCK! As well as Sprint!

    Cheers!

    edit: Sorry bout that!

    check that out, a fellow OHIOAN!! Im a lead rep in the Mentor, OH store!
  16. #16  
    This waiting is getting crazy. If I wasn't hooked on checking the forum all day long, I probably wouldn't even know or care about an update. I guess speculation keeps us all going
  17. #17  
    Did I miss something?? No where in his post does he mention iphone 3.1. All I see is webos 1.2.......anyone?? Or did the op change it?
  18. #18  
    **** the iphone, palm needs to schedule its updates and stuff on its OWN schedule, not apples...
  19. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #19  
    Yaaay 23rd!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Did I miss something?? No where in his post does he mention iphone 3.1. All I see is webos 1.2.......anyone?? Or did the op change it?
    he edited his post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions