Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foozin01 View Post
    Tcub,

I hope they treat me the same way. I"m going to be heading up to the North Olmstead sprint store within the next couple of days with the same problem you started with.
    Wow! I'm surprised at the number of people in my area! Just keep in mind what happened to me and if you can, ask for Jason. He's the one who helped me both times today. Real nice guy! Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    aw i kinda miss cleveland (sometimes)
    LOL, Cleveland isn't bad... the weather (winters in particular)... ugh... Where'd you move to?

This is getting off-topic... So myself and at least one other person here heard the same info from the same Sprint Rep today... can we add the 23rd to our "Possible 1.2 release date"? I hope so! 17th sounds good too wherever that came from.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Lol imangine if 1.2 comes out on the 23 with nothing new added
    can also fix headphone issue by playing pandora (i suppose any music). pause, unhook headphone, play. Keep repeating cycle, plug headphone back in, pause, remove, play (up to 5-10x) until sound comes out of speaker. THEN, close app (i.e. don't close app while music app such as pandora is still playing out of the headphones.

Wierd glitch....
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    can also fix headphone issue by playing pandora (i suppose any music). pause, unhook headphone, play. Keep repeating cycle, plug headphone back in, pause, remove, play (up to 5-10x) until sound comes out of speaker. THEN, close app (i.e. don't close app while music app such as pandora is still playing out of the headphones.

Wierd glitch....
    I'm glad this has worked for most people. I'm not saying there's also a hardware issue, but it could be a possibility. I'm not familiar enough with headset jacks or the one on the Pre for that matter.. Maybe someone else can confirm? Only reason I mention hardware is becuase after trying all those tips I still couldn't get it to work. Thanks!
    Concerning the headset problem, I can confirm there is also a hardware issue. In fact, that's why I'm getting a replacement. None of the software solutions work.

The only thing that works (sometimes, but has no effect now) is turning the phone upside down and blowing into the 3.5mm jack. This seems to dislodge one of the stuck contacts one the inside. However, this always is a stopgap measure as the problem comes back at random times.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    Concerning the headset problem, I can confirm there is also a hardware issue. In fact, that's why I'm getting a replacement. None of the software solutions work.

The only thing that works (sometimes, but has no effect now) is turning the phone upside down and blowing into the 3.5mm jack. This seems to dislodge one of the stuck contacts one the inside. However, this always is a stopgap measure as the problem comes back at random times.
    Thanks for that. So I hope that my experience can help others. I guess if you run into this issue and it's hardware, take it in and hopefully they won't give you a fuss over replacing it. If they do... show em this thread! Call them, e-mail! I've had a great experience with Sprint so far and I'd like to know the my fellow Pre users get equal and good treatement! Thanks everyone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123