Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Anyone use Sprint TV on a regular os semi regular basis? Is it worth purchasing some of the premium channels? I glanced over the whole thing one day but all it seems to have is some small clips from some network TV and then a bunch of off the wall programs. Are there any actual full length TV shows on there?
    it sucks lol

really it does suck
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I use it for the kiddies. Free full episodes of Disney shows come in handy on the road.

It's got full episodes of other programs, but they're broken up into parts.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 09/14/2009 at 04:51 PM.
    Yea, seems pretty pointless to me too.
    not worth the extra money. unless you really have no places else to spend it...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    From the 10 minutes of exploring I've done on it, it's pretty useless. Fun if you're really bored for a few minutes, but like you say, it's mostly just little clips unless you pay more.

Not worth it IMO.
    They have a few episodes of The Office which is cool but the quality is horrendous. Much better to put movies or other video files on your pre...
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    It's funny because if Apple came out saying "We've partnered with ATT and several major studios and are introducing a revolutionary new innovation called ATT TV where you can sample some of the latest shows and even view entire episodes..." then it would be the biggest news of the month. But we get it for free and nobody even uses it.

Sprint TV is really impressive... but I forgot I even had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It's funny because if Apple came out saying "We've partnered with ATT and several major studios and are introducing a revolutionary new innovation called ATT TV where you can sample some of the latest shows and even view entire episodes..." then it would be the biggest news of the month. But we get it for free and nobody even uses it.

Sprint TV is really impressive... but I forgot I even had it.
    haha it so true, i never wanted it. dont have time to waste watching tv on my phone. or battery life to waste. more important things to do on the phone. maybe if i was a high school kid in class i can see where it can come in handy
    i find Sprint TV to be quite amazing, but im only 17 so that's probably why. i fricken adore disney channel and all the content on it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i find Sprint TV to be quite amazing, but im only 17 so that's probably why. i fricken adore disney channel and all the content on it lol.
    see thats where i was getting at, if i was younger....
    no
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    I would like it more if the sound wouldn't cut out every minute or so.

I hope Slingplayer is coming soon.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i enjoy it...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    for me, useless. the youtube videos looks better.

for my 3 & 5yr old boys in a quiet restaurant w headphones? priceless. truly pays for itself and is way easier than lugging around a 9" DVD player. but it's still hit or miss... mickey clubhouse is better than on my treo (that used to freeze) but still pixelates. phineas & ferb flows perfectly. maybe it's because mickey is CG cartoon while phineas is a cartoon? don't know... i just know it works for little hyper boys.
    ive never even used it before.
    i watch full episodes of 30 rock and the office, and conan clips every now and then. if they told me i had to pay for it, i'd say no thanks, but it's good for killing time. quality is much better than on my instinct. i wish they wouldn't stream the signal, and download it instead. would be less herky jerky, i'd imagine.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    During the Gold Cup, I was on vacation where TV was not available. I was able to use my Pre to watch the semifinals and the finals of the Gold Cup. It was very useful watching it.

I also watch the NFL channel on a regular basis. It's not bad at all. I was traveling yesterday and I used the GPS Sprint Navigator while I was listening to NFL channel on Sprint TV while I was driving.

The other day I watched a Monk episode and also the Office. They were full episodes and I enjoyed watching them.
    I'll use it when I'm away from home and a Thursday night game is being played on the NFL network. The only other "video" app that I have and will thoroughly enjoy is the NFL Sunday Ticket from DIRECTV.