Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just thought I would ask if anyone else gets distortion when holding the phone on your shoulder while you talk. I don't know if it is a phone problem or just the mic. I know my face goes over the mic a little but all my other phones did not do this. People are telling me it sounds like I am talking through a sock.

I don't want to go to sprint and be told stop holding the phone with your shoulder.

Let me know if this is happening to anyone else
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Use the speakerphone. It's pretty damn good. I can't hold it against my shoulder (stupid tapers in my ears) so that's been my solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I just thought I would ask if anyone else gets distortion when holding the phone on your shoulder while you talk. I don't know if it is a phone problem or just the mic. I know my face goes over the mic a little but all my other phones did not do this. People are telling me it sounds like I am talking through a sock.

I don't want to go to sprint and be told stop holding the phone with your shoulder.

abso#$%@inglutely!

+1
    I just thought I would ask if anyone else gets distortion when holding the phone on your shoulder while you talk.
    No...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    yep same here ppl on the other end say i sound distorted then i hold the phone with my hand and all is good
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

yes sir
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Yup. 2 phones and both do that. I'm not sure exactly what that is but it's just crazy that putting it on your shoulder results in such poor audio. Anyone know what exactly is happening there?

Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Use the speakerphone. It's pretty damn good.
    I'm not directing this at you, but I absolutely HATE when people use speakerphone in public. It's rude and obnoxious.
    Same here
    Yes, and I am positive I am not covering up the microphone by accident.

I also get BT static when the phone is in my pocket and the earpiece in my ear. If the phone is just sitting somewhere (in my car, etc), it's fine. When I stick in in my pocket, the Bluetooth connection is TERRIBLE (both shirt and pant pocket does this).

So my options for using the phone hands free (a frequent need with a little kid running around) are slim.

yes
    I've wondered if right-handed people also have this problem. I'm left-handed and since the microphone is on the left side of the phone, even if I hold it a little too close to my face, the person I'm talking to complains about voice distortion.
    Problem has been discussed in multiple other threads. Major design flaw on the Pre. Not enough for me to take the phone back, but enough to constantly annoy me. It seems like their design/testing team concentrated far too much on "oh wow!" stuff before making sure the basics were taken care of.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    big time. Just can't do it...on speak, off speaker... not so good!
  15.    #15  
    Good to see I am not the only one. I thought my phone might have been defective.
    i dont dare try to hold my phone like that ,ill drop it for sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I have the same problem sometimes at home but not at work. I do have an Airave set up at home, so maybe that has something to do with it? Anyone else have an airave and having this problem?
  18.    #18  
    What happened to being able to being able to multi task. I can't make a sandwich and talk to a girl on the phone the same time. What's this world coming to...lol maybe the iphone has an app for that
    It sounds stupid, but it's the truth... It's a phone that prides itself on being able to multitask, but being unable to rest it on your shoulder essentially means you can't do anything that significant with your hands while talking on the phone (like maybe type something on your computer).
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my Pre, but I must say I received similar complaints when using a Treo Pro and an 800w before that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast