Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 77
  1.    #1  
    My speaker is completely blown, and it sounds horrible. What am I supposed to do? I have the $7 insurance thing, but am I going to have to pay $100 to get a new Pre or can they fix it?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    My speaker is completely blown, and it sounds horrible. What am I supposed to do? I have the $7 insurance thing, but am I going to have to pay $100 to get a new Pre or can they fix it?
    how did you blow it? (just in case some users on here are doing the same thing, might as well PRE-warn us (heh heh. :-P) but sorry bout that does suck. prolly will have to pay the 100 if the cant swap the speakers.
  3. #3  
    I have a blown speaker also. I looked into it in past posts and it seems if you work around a machine shop or somewhere else there is metal shavings or grinding dust present it will stick to the magnet on the speaker.
  4. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #4  
    They don't swap speakers!! They replace WHOLE PHONES!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    how did you blow it? (just in case some users on here are doing the same thing, might as well PRE-warn us (heh heh. :-P) but sorry bout that does suck. prolly will have to pay the 100 if the cant swap the speakers.
    I really don't know how I blew it, I've had is since July 1st and haven't changed the volume on anything. and yesterday i used the navigation and couldn't understand the voice it was so distorted, now the text tone and ringtones are just horrible to listen too...

    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    I have a blown speaker also. I looked into it in past posts and it seems if you work around a machine shop or somewhere else there is metal shavings or grinding dust present it will stick to the magnet on the speaker.
    I read some of that too, but I don't work around that kind of stuff. I was even on vacation all week, so I don't know what happened....
  6. #6  
    i honestly didnt think the speaker could be set loud enough to blow it...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    i honestly didnt think the speaker could be set loud enough to blow it...
    That's what I was thinking, so something had to of gotten in there or something... This is really discouraging. This phone was perfect, and I don't want to pay $100 to replace it
  8. #8  
    its under warranty for one year if its defected so take it back pitch a fit if they try to charge you is all i can say. they r pretty good about exchanging them out though being as new as it is. so be nice and ask for the manager at first them if not pitcha fit and if that doesnt work call sprint and ask for retension department they should fix the problem. hope it works out for you!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. #9  
    please let everyone know if you get it setteld and how it went,thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    for some of ya'll,i'm a pipe welder,and i get metal dust on all my speakers,i bought a little pen magnet a couple years ago that i stick over the speakers,sucks the dust off,and they are like new again.
    take it to sprint,they should just replace your whole phone.
  11. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #11  
    Yeah I noticed the magnet is kinda strong in the speaker. The other day a few paperclips got stuck to mine and I had to actually remove them by pulling a simple shake didn't release them.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its under warranty for one year if its defected so take it back pitch a fit if they try to charge you is all i can say. they r pretty good about exchanging them out though being as new as it is. so be nice and ask for the manager at first them if not pitcha fit and if that doesnt work call sprint and ask for retension department they should fix the problem. hope it works out for you!!
    Well I'm a pretty mild mannered guy,so I don't know how much of a fit I could pitch. But if it was something I did to break the speaker would they still exchange it for free?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    Well I'm a pretty mild mannered guy,so I don't know how much of a fit I could pitch. But if it was something I did to break the speaker would they still exchange it for free?
    Short of you perforating the speaker cone or damaging the "grill" outside the speaker, im not sure how they could prove you did or didnt break it
  14. #14  
    just read in another forum thats titled" backup "or something like that . there is a known issue with some phones having trouble with the speaker. so go down there and be nice and if it does not work call in and ask for retensions lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    for some of ya'll,i'm a pipe welder,and i get metal dust on all my speakers,i bought a little pen magnet a couple years ago that i stick over the speakers,sucks the dust off,and they are like new again.
    take it to sprint,they should just replace your whole phone.
    My regular speaker (not speaker on the back) stopped working, so I can only take calls with my bluetooth headset or if the phone is on speaker phone.

    I don't even have the insurance, but brought it into the sprint store this morning and they're getting me a new one, no charge.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    My regular speaker (not speaker on the back) stopped working, so I can only take calls with my bluetooth headset or if the phone is on speaker phone.

    I don't even have the insurance, but brought it into the sprint store this morning and they're getting me a new one, no charge.
    That would be nice,how did you pull that off?
  17. inrelief's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #17  
    dude, you've got TEP right?

    This sounds like the definition of 'normal wear and tear'

    Bring it to sprint, they'll replace/fix it for no deductible (or should!)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by inrelief View Post
    dude, you've got TEP right?

    This sounds like the definition of 'normal wear and tear'

    Bring it to sprint, they'll replace/fix it for no deductible (or should!)
    yeah i have TEP. How is a blown speaker normal wear and tear though? I'm worried they will tell me it was something I did to blow it and make me pay the $100
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    please let everyone know if you get it setteld and how it went,thanks
    Will do, I'm going to head up to the sprint store/repair center and talk to them to see what my options are...
  20. #20  
    i just got back from sprint with the same issue. they said ins. covers it no charge. wasnt a problem at all.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions