Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77
  1. #21  
    Same here going back tomorrow!
  2. #22  
    i am an ironworker and have had similar problems. go to sprint store & they will replace it with replacement in stock or by next day. make sure u remember your palm profile login & password. save your pics and backup before you go they will take your old phone
  3. #23  
    I'm on my third Pre and all of them have had several dead pixels including this one. So just set your screen to the brightest setting and turn it off then back on again. When it gets to the boot page start looking for any little dots, the entire screen is supposed to be black except the palm logo. Once you find them you have more sound evidence of bad parts.

    Alot of Pre's also have an issuse where the sides of the screen, under the plastic, aren't covered correctly. Thus, in a dark room you will see lines of light around the four "corners" of the screen.
  4. #24  
    One more with the "ear" speaker that suddenly stopped working. This is not a rooted phone


    ETA: Seems it is an issue with music players and/or Pandora as posted elsewhere in this forum
    Last edited by oscarvictor; 09/14/2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Found issue
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    i just got back from sprint with the same issue. they said ins. covers it no charge. wasnt a problem at all.
    Yeah, I went to the sprint store and he said I have to go to their repair center and that it should be no charge, I will be going there tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by don1lather View Post
    i am an ironworker and have had similar problems. go to sprint store & they will replace it with replacement in stock or by next day. make sure u remember your palm profile login & password. save your pics and backup before you go they will take your old phone
    Will do, thanks for the tip

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    I'm on my third Pre and all of them have had several dead pixels including this one. So just set your screen to the brightest setting and turn it off then back on again. When it gets to the boot page start looking for any little dots, the entire screen is supposed to be black except the palm logo. Once you find them you have more sound evidence of bad parts.

    Alot of Pre's also have an issuse where the sides of the screen, under the plastic, aren't covered correctly. Thus, in a dark room you will see lines of light around the four "corners" of the screen.

    Are you saying I should do this for my new Pre? or what?
  6.    #26  
    so if they replace my phone, am I going to get a refurbished one? How can I make sure they give me a new one?
  7. xtraspin's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    They don't swap speakers!! They replace WHOLE PHONES!!
    my external speaker was blown...My sprint corporate store took 15mins to swap out the speaker..works great..
    BTW- I have a pre from launch day with no problems so I hoping that they would not swap my phone out.
  8. jayty97's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #28  
    There's gotta be a problem with the external speakers on some f these phones. It's the reason for having to turn in two phones. The speakers both blew to the point even the factory ring tones could not be made out on even mid volume. I'm a cabinet maker, so no metal shavings... Is it just a coincidence? I guess I will find out with the new one. 4th Pre so far because of defects. I just want one that will last more than a month! Otherwise, love the phone!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraspin View Post
    my external speaker was blown...My sprint corporate store took 15mins to swap out the speaker..works great..
    BTW- I have a pre from launch day with no problems so I hoping that they would not swap my phone out.
    i hope they can do that for me too, I love the phone otherwise... I just want the speaker replaced..
  10. #30  
    I had the same issue.. Iíd suggest taking the back cover off your phone, using an air can blow air in the speaker vent to clean any dirt or material that may be obstructing it.. if the problem persists, then take it to the sprint store and you will get a new one. Thatís what happen to me.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by elsnty View Post
    I had the same issue.. Iíd suggest taking the back cover off your phone, using an air can blow air in the speaker vent to clean any dirt or material that may be obstructing it.. if the problem persists, then take it to the sprint store and you will get a new one. Thatís what happen to me.
    yeah, i took the cover off and blew out any dust and stuff.... Now its almost worse. I am going to the repair center today to see what they can do for me. Ideally I would like them to replace the speaker, I don't really want a new phone. But we'll see what happens.
  12. #32  
    looks like my speaker is dead as well, it sounds sooo bad.
  13. Gantry's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #33  
    Just another "me too" as I have an external speaker that is INCREDIBLY quiet and I pretty much can't hear the phone ring. I bought the insurance and it sounds like if you take it to a Sprint with a repair center they will fix free of charge?

    Another question just to narrow down the reasons - since speakers and magnetism go hand-in-hand, I was wondering how many people with this issue also have the Touchstone and therefore the magnetic back plate on their Pre. I certainly do, and maybe that's a factor with the speaker going defective...
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Just another "me too" as I have an external speaker that is INCREDIBLY quiet and I pretty much can't hear the phone ring. I bought the insurance and it sounds like if you take it to a Sprint with a repair center they will fix free of charge?

    Another question just to narrow down the reasons - since speakers and magnetism go hand-in-hand, I was wondering how many people with this issue also have the Touchstone and therefore the magnetic back plate on their Pre. I certainly do, and maybe that's a factor with the speaker going defective...
    They'll replace it, if you're past the 30 days it'll be with a refurb... I made them send the first one they ordered back, the oreo was terrible. I'll give them 1 more try, and then I'll just mail my phone to Palm and have them repair it, since mine is relatively oreo free, I'll just use my Pearl for 2 weeks while the Pre is out...
  15. #35  
    I'm on my second Pre...volume is dying and distorted....I think it's a problem with the audio circuit, not the speaker. I going to get another one, and try it...sooner or later I'll get one that works more than two weeks.
    Rocky
  16. #36  
    bring it back, I work for a sheetmetal shop, and my plasma table blows a fine dust of metal all over everything.when u get ur new one got to ur local lowes, home depot,etc.buy a washable foam air filter for a/c unit cut a little circle for the speaker hole and will help on 4th pre 2 blown speakers,this one is lasting change filter weekly.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Just another "me too" as I have an external speaker that is INCREDIBLY quiet and I pretty much can't hear the phone ring. I bought the insurance and it sounds like if you take it to a Sprint with a repair center they will fix free of charge?

    Another question just to narrow down the reasons - since speakers and magnetism go hand-in-hand, I was wondering how many people with this issue also have the Touchstone and therefore the magnetic back plate on their Pre. I certainly do, and maybe that's a factor with the speaker going defective...
    Yeah, I took mine in and since it was past 30 days they just gave me a refurb phone free of charge...which I had to take that one back cuz it wouldn't call anyone, so now i'm on my 3rd pre, it seems to bee good though...so far.
  18. #38  
    I also am a metal worker and am on my third pre in about 60 days. I'm happy with almost all other parts of the phone and would love to find a way for the very fine magnet dust not to kill the external speaker. I wish Palm would address the problem with even just a finer mesh over the speaker. I am about to swap mine out for a fourth one, as I can no longer hear my ringer, and I'm going to fashion some sort of filter over the speaker. any suggestions?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by leo tylur View Post
    I also am a metal worker and am on my third pre in about 60 days. I'm happy with almost all other parts of the phone and would love to find a way for the very fine magnet dust not to kill the external speaker. I wish Palm would address the problem with even just a finer mesh over the speaker. I am about to swap mine out for a fourth one, as I can no longer hear my ringer, and I'm going to fashion some sort of filter over the speaker. any suggestions?
    i would try some of that thin material from under the couch.the bottom cover stuff.dont ask why i thought of that,well maybe because i had my hand in mine getting keys awhile back,but it seems thin and sturdy....
  20. #40  
    btw,mine is bad to,right after update to 1.2,so low i can barely hear it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions