1.    #1  
    My speaker is blown so i will be bringing my phone back. I dont want to lose contacts what should i do before i bring it back.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The Pre will back up your contacts automatically in your Palm profile. All you need to do is get pictures and music, everything else is backed up already.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the response. should i remove homebrew apps before i bring it to sprint. bye the way i work in a machine shop which is probably the reason my speaker is not working.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No you can leave them on, you'll have to reinstall homebrew. Any apps of the official app cat will be put on for you when you sign back in.
  5.    #5  
    ok thanks. im being a pain i know. Do you think ill have to use my insurance to get a new phone?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No...not as long as the phone doesn't show any signs of physical abuse.
  7.    #7  
    only slight scrathes on face.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    You should be fine, there is a known issue with the speaker. Make sure you explain that to them.
  9.    #9  
    explain that its a known issue? will i get a new one today or have to wait a couple of days?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    In the past, there were issues with the external speaker (same issue your having) but Palm has resolved that now. It could go either way, you may get a refurb and wait a day or so. Don't panic over the refurb, they are coming back like new, I got one and it was absolutly perfect.
  11.    #11  
    okay thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    My speaker is blown so i will be bringing my phone back. I dont want to lose contacts what should i do before i bring it back.
    thanks
    is it the speaker as in earpiece that you put to your head when you talk. or the speaker when you put someone on speakers. cuz there is a known issue that pandora sometimes locks up the speakers that you put to your ear.

If it the speaker. plug in your head phones, launch pandora, let it runt for a min. then close pandora making sure you head phones are still plugged in, wait 15 secs then unplug them. should fix it, fixed mine
    Last edited by InIlIoN; 09/14/2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: forgot something
    go to backup in launcher just before you return phone to backup all the contact info to your palm profile...remember your email and password...backup pics, music before you turn in the phone to sprint and be sure you do a full erase on the returned phone after you get the new phone