1.    #1  
    I'm currently syncing FOUR different Google Calendars (each with their own color). I added the new Google Sports calendar (for the Bucs) online, but it's not showing up on my Pre. I tried deleting, then adding my Google account again, but that calendar is still not showing up. Is there a limit to the number of calendars that the Pre can sync with (or maybe Google is just telling me not to waste time watching the Bucs this season ).
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    There are a few threads on this. For some reason the sports calendars are not showing up. I don't think anybody has found a solution yet.
    A link on google's support page (sorry can't link: h t t p://www(.)google(.)com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37098) answers this. (Expand the "Sports" section):

Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time.
    Where are people going to get their sports calendars for the pre?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theturle View Post
    Where are people going to get their sports calendars for the pre?
    I use Yahoo. If you go to the schedule for any team (ex. Pittsburgh Steelers - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports), you will see "Add to Calendar" above the schedule. Click on it, and then copy the link location of the item that says "iCal". The go to your Google Calendar on your desktop and go to your "Other Calendars" and hit Add. Then click on "Add by URL". Enter the iCal URL and your team's calendar should be added. Wait a few minutes or resync your Pre and you will see it on your Pre. I currently have 5 Google Calendars of my own, and 5 sport calendars on Google added via this method and they all display fine.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    One other good thing about the method I mentioned above is that the calendar items are updated with the score after the game is over.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I use the SportsCalendar from the Homebrew section.
    I also sync my Outlook calendar to my Pre via Google's calendar.
  8.    #8  
    Brilliant, the Yahoo Sports calendars sync perfectly! FYI, there is actually a specific link there to export to Google (don't even need to bother with iCal).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I use Yahoo. If you go to the schedule for any team (ex. Pittsburgh Steelers - Schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports), you will see "Add to Calendar" above the schedule. Click on it, and then copy the link location of the item that says "iCal". The go to your Google Calendar on your desktop and go to your "Other Calendars" and hit Add. Then click on "Add by URL". Enter the iCal URL and your team's calendar should be added. Wait a few minutes or resync your Pre and you will see it on your Pre. I currently have 5 Google Calendars of my own, and 5 sport calendars on Google added via this method and they all display fine.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Awesome, thanks! It worked!
    I just tried this for the Michigan Wolverines football schedule and it added the calendar briefly while it said that "The calendar at ...... will be indexed by Google Calendar" near the top of the page. Then the calendar disappeared from the list on the left and the events came off of the calendar itself and a pop up dialog box appeard in the middle of the page: "Could not fetch the url".

Do you think Google is blocking the yahoo ICAL address now that they have their own competing offering?

Update: after severl (6-8) attempts to get this calendar to stick, I decided to close my browser in between the time the calendar was 'added' and when it would disappear (followed by the above pop-up dialog box). I have just re-opened GCal from the PC and it seems like it actually took and was not removed. I have also just confirmed that the Wolverines' football schedule it now also on my Pre!! Not sure why it kept disappearing (and thinking that there's some underhanded intent on Google's part), but this is at least a workaround until the Google Sports Calendars will sync.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 09/23/2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Found work around for issue
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I just tried this for the Michigan Wolverines football schedule and it added the calendar briefly while it said that "The calendar at ...... will be indexed by Google Calendar. Then the events and calendar disappeared and a pop up dialog box said: "Could not fetch the url". Do you think Google is blocking the yahoo ICAL address now that they have their own competing offering?
    I had the same problem. Try clicking on the .ICS, not the iCal. The .ICS is an http: address, the iCal is a webcal: address which I'm not sure what that is. I think that's what worked for me.