Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
       #1  
    Deleted by OP
    Last edited by Mike5; 09/14/2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Deleted by OP
  2. #2  
    why is this posted here?
  3. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    why is this posted here?
    Because Palm is one of the stocks mentioned. I have seen other threads, not as recent as today's news talking about the value of Palm stock. Did you even read the link? Why are you so sensitive?

    Cheers
  4. #4  
    This section is about the Palm Pre device and its accessories... Your article is about Palm as a company and doesn't even mention the Pre

    I'm so sensitive because this whole section of the forum has turned into a dumping ground for threads that belong elsewhere b/c people don't know how to read
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Because Palm is one of the stocks mentioned. I have seen other threads, not as recent as today's news talking about the value of Palm stock. Did you even read the link? Why are you so sensitive?

    Cheers
    because scrupulous is the chief of irrelevant post police... just dont respond scrupulous and let it slide off the page if you dont like it, or run tell a mod
  6. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I'm so sensitive because this whole section of the forum has turned into a dumping ground for threads that belong elsewhere b/c people don't know how to read
    Are you always this rude? I, as everyone else who frequents this Forum, know how to read. Don't read it if you don't want to. I place this on this forum thinking I was doing a good thing due to the fact that in previous threads SOME people showed interest in this topic.

    There are plenty of threads I skip because they don't interest me. If you don't want to read this thread--don't. I don't expect to be insulted for participating. If I did something wrong, there are nice ways to point that out.

    BTW, though it is not the same, most equate the success of the Pre to the success/value of the Palm stock.

    Cheers
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    because scrupulous is the chief of irrelevant post police... just dont respond scrupulous and let it slide off the page if you dont like it, or run tell a mod
    Scrupulous is dead on. If you're going to ridicule someone then aim at "Mike5 the chief of can't post messages in the proper forum." There now, you've got me doing it too.
  8. #8  
    Unless you read into my generalization "people" then I'm not sure how I insulted you...

    I simply stated it was in the wrong section and answered your question
  9. #9  
    or in this case Scrupulous. Let's face it this is the forum that get's the most eyes and some of us do find something like this pertinent. It is about Palm itself and therefore has some relation to the Pre. If Palm ultimately fails, where does that leave our precious Pres?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Are you always this rude? I, as everyone else who frequents this Forum, know how to read. Don't read it if you don't want to. I place this on this forum thinking I was doing a good thing due to the fact that in previous threads SOME people showed interest in this topic.

    There are plenty of threads I skip because they don't interest me. If you don't want to read this thread--don't. I don't expect to be insulted for participating. If I did something wrong, there are nice ways to point that out.

    BTW, though it is not the same, most equate the success of the Pre to the success/value of the Palm stock.

    Cheers
    Trying to be as nice as possible. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html

    Please read the 4th bullet point down.
  11. #11  
    scrupulous instead of posting this in his thread, which helps nobody at all, not even a little bit. how bout you PM a mod and request it be moved to the appropriate forum or if you a mod then move it yourself. that would actually be a helpful thing to do, constructive in some way...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    scrupulous instead of posting this in his thread, which helps nobody at all, not even a little bit. how bout you PM a mod and request it be moved to the appropriate forum or if you a mod then move it yourself. that would actually be a helpful thing to do, constructive in some way...
    I'm not going to waste the mods time for every little thread that needs moved... It's easier to inform the poster they made a simple mistake and move on... In this case apparently we couldn't move on and had to make a stink about it...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Trying to be as nice as possible. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html

    Please read the 4th bullet point down.
    Agree, this should be somewhere like "Service Providers, CDMA-North America " or Off Topic.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I'm not going to waste the mods time for every little thread that needs moved... It's easier to inform the poster they made a simple mistake and move on... In this case apparently we couldn't move on and had to make a stink about it...
    you didn't really inform him of anything you just said "why is this posted here?"... maybe thats interesting information, but its more appropriate in off topic forum, would have worked... all im saying is try and be helpful, explain where it actually belongs... hard to correct something if you don't tell the person how to do it correctly
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    you didn't really inform him of anything you just said "why is this posted here?"... maybe thats interesting information, but its more appropriate in off topic forum, would have worked... all im saying is try and be helpful, explain where it actually belongs... hard to correct something if you don't tell the person how to do it correctly
    OK, I will agree with this... My initial comment was far from helpful...
  16. #16  
    well now that this thread is already here and going, back to topic. is the article saying Palm will take a turn up or down... maybe i read it wrong (i scanned over it), but i just got that they were saying something significant will happen, but not saying up or down.
  17. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    I simply stated it was in the wrong section and answered your question
    If you had simply stated this, I would have said thanks & deleted the post. It's not what you said.

    Because I seem to have violated the rules/decorum of the Forum (4th bullet point down--I'm sure everyone else here is intimately familiar), I will gladly delete the post.

    Though I have learned so much about the Pre & other products on this Forum, from an apparently outsider's viewpoint--I joined the Forum after the Pre was announced & like many others, was hungry for news--as I read all the posts, there tends to be an air of superiority from some; they know more, that's a stupid question, don't you know anything, etc.

    The fact is, there are many of us who don't feel comfortable (until now) about rooting phones, etc. We are not in the industry & we are not experts. The success of this phone has to do w/expanding the base of Pre users, not reducing them. Some of us even have valid comments/questions (apparently not including the one I used to start this thread).

    Please consider this when responding to some of us non-geeks who are relatively new to these Forums (about 5 months now, in my case).

    Cheers, Mike
  18. #18  
    wow yall take this message board thing real serious
    trying to crucify the dude for making a post

    yeh its about palmin general, but how can you NOT justify any upward movement PALM may in stock price would not be in most part related to progress of the PRE ?
  19. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    well now that this thread is already here and going, back to topic. is the article saying Palm will take a turn up or down... maybe i read it wrong (i scanned over it), but i just got that they were saying something significant will happen, but not saying up or down.
    Hi Hoppy,

    You are right. You would have to dig further--the investment company wants you to subscribe to their info. Anyway, I don't want to post articles that are not supposed to be in this Forum, but it was a positive comment.

    Other articles in the financial world today also talk positively about Palm & the Pixi coming out so quickly after the Pre as an attempt to bring in entry level users to the Smart phone market. Here is one comment & I will say no more. I will delete the original post w/in the hour.

    "A $99 Pixi positions Palm to capture entry-level buyers at a compelling price ... and improves Palm's competitive positioning for the upcoming holiday season," wrote Mike Abramsky of RBC Capital Markets."

    Cheers

Posting Permissions