Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Recently saw that my phone was in roam when I had it set to sprint only so I changed it back and did a network update now to find a new icon next to the wifi icon looks like a phone with 9 dots under it ...never saw that before
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Recently saw that my phone was in roam when I had it set to sprint only so I changed it back and did a network update now to find a new icon next to the wifi icon looks like a phone with 9 dots under it ...never saw that before
    screen shot?
    I believe that is the TTY symbol for hearing impaired....the update must have somehow turned it on.
    See page 98 of the user manual.
    Yea you hit the tty symbol. I did this and freaked myself out once to
    Just in case the OP was looking for the solution to switch that icon off (and I believe he may have been ), bring up the dialer, and tap the SPRINT tab in the upper left hand corner. Then hit preferences and scroll down....see that little tty slider there? Set it back to NO, and VIOLA!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    ya ive done that before, thought it looked like rain drops coming from the phone like i got it wet or it was water damage freaked the hell out of me!
    How many times will this same question be asked on the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    as many times as you go and read it
    the op was looking for answers not questions. troll
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
    I seriously think we need to make a "THIS IS WHAT THE TTY ICON LOOKS LIKE." subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    the op was looking for answers not questions. troll
    So I'm a troll, am I? I guess I don't contribute so much useful stuff for other Pre users like you do.
    Why the hell does almost EVERY post where someone asks a question that has been repeated get flamed? Do you "perfect posters" out there do it just to be d o u c h e s? We are supposed to be HELPING EACH OTHER!!! Try to get with that program would ya?

A simple "this question has already been asked and answered here" (With a link to the correct place) would have sufficed. Have you tried to use the search on the forum? It is not the most intuitive thing in the world.

Oh, i'm sorry, in your "perfect posting" world, you automatically get tansported directly to the page you are looking for JUST BY THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

If you don't want to read the thread, don't read the thread.

GO AWAY TROLLS!

(although I know I am feeding them just by posting this.....)
    Last edited by powerbyte; 09/14/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Why the hell does almost EVERY post where someone asks a question that has been repeated get flamed? Do you "perfect posters" out there do it just to be d o u c h e s? We are supposed to be HELPING EACH OTHER!!! Try to get with that program would ya?

A simple "this question has already been asked and answered here" (With a link to the correct place) would have sufficed. Have you tried to use the search on the forum? It is not the most intuitive thing in the world.

Oh, i'm sorry, in your "perfect posting" world, you automatically get tansported directly to the page you are looking for JUST BY THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

If you don't want to read the thread, don't read the thread.

GO AWAY TROLLS!

(although I know I am feeding them just by posting this.....)
    Umm, all I asked was how many times this question had been asked before in order to gently let the OP know that this has been covered many times before. I was not impolite nor did I flame anyone. I could have given a "search the forums before you post" rant but I decided to be less confrontational and more circumspect in order to avoid making a big deal out of it. But apparently you people really want to argue today.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Umm, all I asked was how many times this question had been asked before in order to gently let the OP know that this has been covered many times before. I was not impolite nor did I flame anyone. I could have given a "search the forums before you post" rant but I decided to be less confrontational and more circumspect in order to avoid making a big deal out of it. But apparently you people really want to argue today.
    Says the guy who came back every hour to make a rebuttle.
  16.    #16  
    wow heated discussion huh, I just saw that little icon and thought something was up and being on my lunch break thought it was quicker to post rather than search especially on the Pre .. thanks for those who helped, it was the TT thing, and now its off!

I have to agree though if it bothers someone so much that someone is posting about a question that has already been asked why are you bothering posting a response, just let it be, isn't this suppose to be a friendly forum where we all come together for a common cause (our Pre's)?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Ugh this post tricked me into thinking 1.2 was out so I removed all my mods. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I have to agree though if it bothers someone so much that someone is posting about a question that has already been asked why are you bothering posting a response, just let it be, isn't this suppose to be a friendly forum where we all come together for a common cause (our Pre's)?
    Actually, it doesn't bother me. It's apparently fun for others to try to put words in my mouth, though.
    I like turtles.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    A simple "this question has already been asked and answered here" (With a link to the correct place) would have sufficed.
    How about a link to the Palm Pre User Guide instead? Any time I get a new phone, it's the first thing I check out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast