Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Did anyone try using their Pre for score/fantasy updates this past Sundayat a nfl stadium? I did and it was horrid! I have been a Colts season ticket holder for years and have never had a problem with any of my other Sprint phones at a game getting score/fantasy updates..... until now. I wasn't able to access any of my sites 90% of the time. The pages wouldn't upload or would just sit refreshing and burn battery life. I had to walk outside to even get somewhat of a single and even then it was very slow. I have been a fan of the Pre overall, but my first run with it at nfl stadium was very disheartening. My little Palm Centro was able to get me what I needed last year, but not my Pre.
    Yes, I tried at Giants Stadium and couldn't get anything to load. The signal bar showed bad signals in most areas, so maybe that was the issue?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    i couldn't get anything to load from my couch. I never had that problem on my instinct...........
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    You expect to get a decent data (or voice, for that matter) connection at a game sitting next to several hundred (or thousand) other phones? I think your expectations are just a smidge too high. Every carrier's respective tower(s) for that area will be completely overloaded during an event like that.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Tried score updates at a college game with 60,000 fans and it was patchy at best. Definitely has a lot to do with the other data usage being used in the stands by others. An hour after the game in the same area...tailgating in the parking lot, it was back to normal speeds. I wouldn't expect any type of score updates to come thru consistently inside a stadium.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Yes, I tried at Giants Stadium and couldn't get anything to load. The signal bar showed bad signals in most areas, so maybe that was the issue?
    Off topic...

Giants are back baby!!!
    this wasn't a pre/sprint issue.. not one nfl score site was ready for the bandwith on sunday.. smart phone users have increased dramatically since last season.. from the second kickoff started, not one mobil site was working. nfl.com, espn. cbssportsline, nfl pre app didn't work all day.
    etc.
    hopefully they fix this.
    My boyfriend and I both had trouble getting to ESPN and Yahoo fantasy pages in Bank of America in Charlotte on Sunday.

We didn't have any trouble at Heinz Field on Thursday, but there probably weren't as many people slamming the Web sites on Thursday. We did have a few issues getting texts/picture messages out, though.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    This has actually been a issue for the last couple of years. It seems that the first week of the season all the Fantasy sites are never ready for the deluge of people trying to check stats.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I had the same problem on my WinMo phone and I wasn't even at a game yesterday.
    I was at the Colts game yesterday too, and was pretty frustrated with the NFL Mobile app and other football related sites. However, whenever I opened up the Precentral.net site on my Pre, it was pretty quick. I do think the previous posters are right about it not being a Sprint/Pre issue.
    I have never had good cell service in any stadium. You are sharing one tower with tens of thousands of people, what do you expect?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    as I said in my OP, in my personal experience, I have never had a problem inside the stadium until this year and with my Pre. I was usually the guy in our row who people asked what player was doing what because they had either AT&T or Verizon and couldn't get a signal. So, it was unusual for me to not get a signal. Hopefully it's not the Pre and there are issues with websites with so many people trying to access the sites on Sunday. We'll see as the season progresses.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    The NFL app wouldn't connect to the server most of the day, the the ESPN mobile site wouldn't load until after 12 (PST)...so I think it was more of a bandwidth issue as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    Off topic...

Giants are back baby!!!
    I'm in...are you?!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Wasn't at an NFL game, but at a college game on Saturday with 90,000+ people in the stadium and my phone worked fine on the internet/youtube. Meanwhile my girlfriend's iPhone was completely useless because of their network being slammed.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    First of all... dtrain's avatar WINS the internets!

Second... add me to the list of the people who found the Sprint NFL app and many other sites slow or unresponsive. Like others, I think this was a volume / bottleneck issue. Hopefully the networks will figure out a better way to manage that traffic.
    My NFL app wouldn't load either.