1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is anyone else seriously considering the HTC Touch Hero after todays update. The Hero got an update today and according to the vidoes I've seen its pretty darn fast. If the sprint version (I'm pretty sure it will) comes out with this smothened outh updated. It will be really hard to hold onto the Pre unless we finally see some apps coming out and improved Performance from the UI.

http://gizmodo.com/5358849/htc-hero-...e-sluggishness
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else seriously considering the HTC Touch Hero after todays update. The Hero got an update today and according to the vidoes I've seen its pretty darn fast. If the sprint version (I'm pretty sure it will) comes out with this smothened outh updated. It will be really hard to hold onto the Pre unless we finally see some apps coming out and improved Performance from the UI.

HTC Hero Firmware Update Available Now, Fixes Terrible Sluggishness - HTC Hero - Gizmodo
    You have to update your Title. Most people will not read it. Change to Hero! Oh, I love that phone too!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    why are you posting here?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Phone looks good, but with all of the Android devices on the way I think the smart money is to just sit tight and see how it all unfolds.
    You are posting this in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with the Pre other than your cheating heart....
    I won't consider an Android device until I see what 2.0 looks like. Right now, it's just not what I'm looking for.
  7.    #7  
    It won't let me edit my title, mods please change from here to hero if you can. Also it is direct competition to the Pre so it has allot to do with the pre.
    It won't let me edit my title, mods please change from here to hero if you can. Also it is direct competition to the Pre so it has allot to do with the pre.
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-platform-chat/ is where you should post such things.

Hero vs. Pre is a good question, but you need to post these things in the right place.
    It will be really hard to hold onto the Pre unless we finally see some apps coming out and improved Performance from the UI.
    "Apps coming out" is all but guaranteed in the next 30 days or so.

"Improved Performance", on the other hand, is a vague, unquantifiable metric. Every update "improves" performance simply by virtue of resetting everything and clearing memory. I seriously doubt faster Java rendering was at the top of their list of changes with all of the App catalog updates and various other bug fixes needed.

It doesn't matter at this point to me anymore. My problems are more fundamental, and I don't want to grapple with them any longer.
    Android is cool but the GUI sucks in most Android apps. The lack of memory sucks too.

I still like the Hero tho and will check it out.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Not my type.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Apps coming out" is all but guaranteed in the next 30 days or so.

"Improved Performance", on the other hand, is a vague, unquantifiable metric. Every update "improves" performance simply by virtue of resetting everything and clearing memory. I seriously doubt faster Java rendering was at the top of their list of changes with all of the App catalog updates and various other bug fixes needed.

It doesn't matter at this point to me anymore. My problems are more fundamental, and I don't want to grapple with them any longer.
    Well people have been saying there will be apps in the app catalog since day one within 30 days and look we're into the 4th month and pretty much nothing in the app catalog. Thank god for Homebrew.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    the new "HTC HERE" doe it have a virtual keyboard?
    No keyboard = not for me. I have a lot of confidence in the Pre and what it will become. If it hadn't been for homebrew I never would have had the Pre to begin with, but with the homebrew folks it makes it more than worth it.

The same applies to Android and WinMo, people like XDA and PPCGeeks are who make the phone really worth having. It's no different with the Pre IMO.

I know this has been said a zillion times before, but the iphone is just getting MMS after how many years? Blackberry finally got MMS after 5 years. I think if you compare how fast things are improving on the Pre both through Palm and Homebrew it more than competes with other phones.

However, if you really want/need the other features now then by all means you should get the phone that works for you.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I don't like the OS on the Hero. It reminds me of touchflo 3D, which IMO was just a gimmick interface.
    I don't really understand the interest in Android keyboardless phones unless you are opposed to switching to AT&T. If you don't care about a keyboard, the Iphone 3GS is a no-brainer with superior hardware and a far superior developer support/app-store.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    I don't really understand the interest in Android keyboardless phones unless you are opposed to switching to AT&T. If you don't care about a keyboard, the Iphone 3GS is a no-brainer with superior hardware and a far superior developer support/app-store.
    Uh....

1) Non-intrusive notifications
    2) Removable battery
    3) More open software development
    4) Staying on Sprint's value-laden plans
    5) Expandable memory (for those that care about that)
    6) Sprint GPS navigation included
    7) Multitasking
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh....

1) Non-intrusive notifications
    2) Removable battery
    3) More open software development
    4) Staying on Sprint's value-laden plans
    5) Expandable memory (for those that care about that)
    6) Sprint GPS navigation included
    7) Multitasking

You for got that the IPhones best feature is it blowing up in your face!
    French Teenager's iPhone Exploded

Best undocumented feature ever.

(I hope you all see my sarcasim.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Studog712 View Post
    You for got that the IPhones best feature is it blowing up in your face!
    French Teenager's iPhone Exploded

Best undocumented feature ever.

(I hope you all see my sarcasim.)
    True! I'm getting my Pre replaced because it DIDN'T do that.