Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Keep this post alive. The pre calendar is usueless if you don't use google. Fix the calendar. Hopefully the next update will address the issue. More than likely we will have to pay for a 3rd party solution. My hope is running low on the pre.

Signed,
    Fix the calendar
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    • I love my Pre (check)
    • I have had every Palm device since...(check)
    • Here's what I don't like (check)
    • My [old Palm device or other phone] does this just fine (check)
    • Here's what I think Palm is working on that is less important (check)

I'd give this thread a solid 8.5 with room for improvement in the area of originality.

LOL. All these pre problems have already been discussed before so how dare anyone mention them again. This person is breaking up the pre happy party. We all have to return to unbridled glee and forced satisfaction of the pre, for fear of being called trolls with troll behavior.

Troll troll troll. Troll troll troll. Oh, you think the pre is the best thing since sliced bread and has zero problems? Oh ok, youre cool again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Yes I did submit it through proper channels. I also spend HOURS with Level 2 and Level 3 Palm tech support. No resolution. Others have done likewise on this forum.
    By my math, if you spent 3 hours on the phone with support trying to resolve the issue, you wasted about 10800 seconds. If you wait 3 seconds every time you go into the calendar app, and average going into it about 5 times a day, it would take you 720 days to have wasted 3 hours of your life waiting on the calendar app. That is like 2 years. IMHO just deal with it. In two years you will be eligible for another upgrade and you can get a different phone.

My math doesn't take into account time wasted on the forums.

(Secretly I agree with you, it's horrible that it is so laggy, but I guess I'm a bit more patient with a 1st gen device.)

My big beef is with the phone application since the thing is, well you know, a phone.
    Has anyone herd when calendar search will be supported? This really ticked me off because:

1. Palm advertised the Pre as having "universal serach;"
    2. Sprint (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $even$ $marketed$ $the$ $Pre$'$s$ &$quot$;$universal$ $search$&$quot$; $as$ $a$ $feature$ $which$ $made$ $the$ $Pre$ $superior$ $to$ $the$ $Iphone$;
    3. The most primitive organizer from a sharp to casio to my first Palm had calendar serach and the Pre doesn't???
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    + infinity

The calendar is, for me, the biggest single weakness in the Pre. I hope that within the next 6 months all the little issues will be fixed, and some 3rd party calendar apps will be available. Then I'll seriously consider purchasing one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    +1 - Agreed 1000%. Switching days, I can make a full cake with that wait. Ridiculous....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    my real problem with the calendar is the overall implementation of various features and functions and in many cases, the complete lack of industry-standard calendar features altogether.

For example, ...
    Thank you for this most excellent summary of problems with the calendar.

John
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    As mentioned previously, sometimes calendar notifications do not go off when they are supposed to. Even worse, if I subsequently answer a phone call the missing notification goes off almost exactly when the earpiece arrives at my ear. The notification blasts my ears and covers up the first words of the party I am speaking to.

John
  9.    #49  
    Do You Sync With iTunes?
    most people in this forum are somewhat tech geeks.
    and still ever 1/3 of "us" use itunes.
    imagine the normal average joe with the pre or looking to buy one you would be surprised how many people use itunes. and plus its great publicity big ole apple picking on little ole palm
    sorry pim doesn't sell pres as much as the would itunes fiasco
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I hope that within the next 6 months all the little issues will be fixed, and some 3rd party calendar apps will be available. Then I'll seriously consider purchasing one.
    Palm should send everyone a calendar date they expect to have the Calendar app fixed - you could put it in your calendar and count the days ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Palm should send everyone a calendar date they expect to have the Calendar app fixed - you could put it in your calendar and count the days ...
    LOL -- be sure to write that date down on a PostIt sticky and put it somewhere handy, because without calendar search you'll never find it again.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I wish I could be sympathetic, but I'm actually impressed with the calendar. I work for the government so mine is loaded up with the usual meetings. I'm just left wondering how exactly is everyone using their calendars that it causes them so many problems. Mine is synced with EAS and Google, I've never missed a meeting or a flight, and I find it pretty simple to add an entry. I think search would be nice. I think people would be more understanding if someone laid out a specifically how the calendar caused them to miss a meeting or how it was incapable of executing a common task. Forgive me if I missed it. I'm asking because maybe there is more I should be getting out of it.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It all depends on the public. Most users want to eliminate multiple gadgets and if an ipod is part of your life that's why people go for the iphone. Palm wants to eliminate the need for your ipod and keep your Pre. That's why it's important to them. They cannot create iTunes but they can be compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I think people would be more understanding if someone laid out a specifically how the calendar caused them to miss a meeting or how it was incapable of executing a common task. Forgive me if I missed it. I'm asking because maybe there is more I should be getting out of it.
    larnapp posted a comprehensive list of deficiencies earlier in the thread. You should also understand that many of us who are complaining about the calendar have been PalmOS users for years. The WebOS development team already had a great calendar app to use as a model, and Palm built its reputation on best-in-class PDA functionality. There's really no excuse for the WebOS calendar to be missing so many basic features. I suppose if you're coming from another OS the WebOS calendar app must seem pretty adequate.