Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    love that disclaimer you have. Amusing

Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    I said its more responsive which to everyone, including Webster, would mean quicker, everyone except Hparson.
    I really apologize to everyone that I have to explain this to you, but I will.

See, I can b and moan that my kids are slobs. Then one day, I come home, and the living room is clean, but their room is still a mess.

If I say "Thanks kid, the living room looks great, big improvement" than one could reasonably say "hparsons just said his kid is doing better"

If I say "Living room looks better, glad you finally cleaned it up after weeks of leaving a mess, but your room is still a disaster" then one could reasonably say "I can't quite figure out if hparsons is saying his kid is doing better, or if he's doing his best not to say it"

See if you can draw the comparison...

With that in mind, compare the differences in these two statements:

Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    I have to say, since 1.35, the calendar is MUCH MUCH faster, especially when scrolling day to day...
    I agree that day to day swiping is more responsive. I hope that more improvements as to general calendar lag and WebOs lag are coming...
    1. I could plainly figure that you said the kid is doing better because YOU said the, "Living room looks better." Just like I said, "day to day swiping is more responsive" plainly means quicker.

2. I could also plainly see that you expect more improvement from your kids' cleanliness, just as I do from Palm vis a vis calendar lag and WebOs lag.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I really apologize to everyone that I have to explain this to you, but I will.

See, I can b and moan that my kids are slobs. Then one day, I come home, and the living room is clean, but their room is still a mess.

If I say "Thanks kid, the living room looks great, big improvement" than one could reasonably say "hparsons just said his kid is doing better"

If I say "Living room looks better, glad you finally cleaned it up after weeks of leaving a mess, but your room is still a disaster" then one could reasonably say "I can't quite figure out if hparsons is saying his kid is doing better, or if he's doing his best not to say it"
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.

Epic post sir!

While I'm in this thread I just wanna say, screw the slow calendar and the Pre. I'm getting a Droid!!! j/k
    Not sure what you guys are still arguing about but I am loving the WebOS Calendar since 1.3.5. I think it is safe to pronounce it fixed!

Couple it with the 2 great homebrew apps; Agenda and Google Calendar Search, and I have all the Calendar functionality that I need!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Not sure what you guys are still arguing about but I am loving the WebOS Calendar since 1.3.5. I think it is safe to pronounce it fixed!

Couple it with the 2 great homebrew apps; Agenda and Google Calendar Search, and I have all the Calendar functionality that I need!
    I tried Google Calendar Search for a while, and found I really wasn't using it. However, Agenda and Quick Event have been a part of my system for a while, and have made the calendar very useful for me. The added speed is just a bonus, it worked well for me in the past.
    <<Posts Deleted - Thread Closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213