Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I have to say, since 1.35, the calendar is MUCH MUCH faster, especially when scrolling day to day. Didn't bother me much before, so this is just icing on an already tasty cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    I have to say, since 1.35, the calendar is MUCH MUCH faster, especially when scrolling day to day. Didn't bother me much before, so this is just icing on an already tasty cake.
    +1
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    I agree that day to day swiping is more responsive. I hope that more improvements as to general calendar lag and WebOs lag are coming. It would appear this is a step in the right direction after 6 months of calendar molasses.

DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    I agree that day to day swiping is more responsive. I hope that more improvements as to general calendar lag and WebOs lag are coming. It would appear this is a step in the right direction after 6 months of calendar molasses.
    I can't quite figure out if you're saying that it's faster, or if you're doing your best not to say it's faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I can't quite figure out if you're saying that it's faster, or if you're doing your best not to say it's faster.
    Hey hparsons. For a guy that bemoans hyperbole (occasionally though not often for good cause, I might add), I would think you of all people would read "more responsive" as its plain English meaning would dictate. see #2 below:

Main Entry: re·spon·sive
    Pronunciation: \ri-ˈspän(t)-siv\
    Function: adjective
    Date: 15th century

1 : giving response : constituting a response : answering <a responsive glance> <responsive aggression>
    2 : quick to respond or react appropriately or sympathetically : sensitive
    3 : using responses <a responsive liturgy>

— re·spon·sive·ly adverb

— re·spon·sive·ness noun
    @Hparsons Yes day to day swiping is more responsive and that means quicker. Whoo hoo. This I am happy about. Palm listened and that's a good sign and forecast for future company success. They need to continue this and make it a trend. Did the Pixie's speed improve? BTW, you like my disclaimer?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Seems faster going day-to-day, month-to-month, and week-to-week. Going from day-to-week or week-to-month seems a little slow.

I would still be completely satisfied if we could just get colors on the Month view.
    Hello @ All.
    we in Europe didn't get the 1.35 update until now, so I'm still running the 1.31 version.

My question:
    is in the V.1.35 possible to set different sonds and volume levels for the calendar alarms and for the clock alarms?
    I would like to set a gentle alarm to wake up in the morning and a more "robust" and louder sound for the calendar appointments.

Thanks,
    angi
    Honestly it seems keeping up with a calendar is more trouble than its worth. Can you honestly not remember dates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Honestly it seems keeping up with a calendar is more trouble than its worth. Can you honestly not remember dates?
    It is hard to remember dates when you have 4 or 5 things happening each day and they are never at the same time. A calendar is an essential tool in a smart phone.
    Hey hparsons. For a guy that bemoans hyperbole (occasionally though not often for good cause, I might add), I would think you of all people would read "more responsive" as its plain English meaning would dictate. see #2 below:

Main Entry: re·spon·sive
    Pronunciation: \ri-ˈspän(t)-siv\
    Function: adjective
    Date: 15th century

1 : giving response : constituting a response : answering <a responsive glance> <responsive aggression>
    2 : quick to respond or react appropriately or sympathetically : sensitive
    3 : using responses <a responsive liturgy>

— re·spon·sive·ly adverb

— re·spon·sive·ness noun
    Thank you for that definition (though I knew the meaning)
    Now for an example of hyperbole:
    It would appear this is a step in the right direction after 6 months of calendar molasses.
    I have to say, I agree about the itunes thing (I don't really use the calendar much if at all). I despise Apple and don't want to have anything to do with them. I'm sure all of the itunes fans out there have ipods and iphones. The Pre does not need itunes. In fact, I installed the patch to remove the itunes sync option, so it doesn't show up when I connect a USB cable. I only get "just charge" and "usb drive".
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    It is hard to remember dates when you have 4 or 5 things happening each day and they are never at the same time. A calendar is an essential tool in a smart phone.
    Maybe the question should be, is it worth dealing with a smartphone with all the bugs and syncing issues. It's interesting how effective one can be with just a pen and notebook even in comparison with today's devices. The industry really needs to ask itself some tough questions.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I definitely noticed an immediate improvement in the calendar responsiveness (i.e., speed), as did my cousin. Kudos to Palm for finally fixing this. Now to make the other much needed calendar improvements......
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Maybe the question should be, is it worth dealing with a smartphone with all the bugs and syncing issues. It's interesting how effective one can be with just a pen and notebook even in comparison with today's devices. The industry really needs to ask itself some tough questions.
    I doubt that you're ever going to get an electronic handheld device to be as fast as the good ol' handheld pen or pencil for writing down dates and the like. That's why, regardless of whichever device I've had (and I've had lots), I tend to write down dates/appointments if it's more than one or if I'm in a hurry, then transfer them into my computer or my handheld later. These devices are great for reminding us to do stuff, but they really arent' the best option for jotting things down quickly, in other words.

That being said, the calendar is much quicker now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I've thought along those lines myself a few times, and would agree except:

• I can't get a pen and paper to yeall at me and go "Herb, you're late!!!" or even "da-ding"
    • I'm SO bad about forgetting things (like piece of paper that have appointments), but I'm almost always near a computer of one sort or another, and that gives me da' cloud!
    I have been using DateBK in 3 treo phones and now my centro. Does it work on the Pre and if so, is it any better than what Palm gives you for a calender? Thanks and take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I have been using DateBK in 3 treo phones and now my centro. Does it work on the Pre and if so, is it any better than what Palm gives you for a calender? Thanks and take care, Jay
    It does not work on the Pre, and in many ways it's better (faster, more robuts, includes tasks, etc), and other ways, it's not nearly as good. One glaring example, I can have my wife's information display on my Pre's calendar. I can even turn it off and on at well. I still don't know what the practical limit is for # of calendars displayed, but right now, I have about 12 all together.
    Thanks
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Thank you for that definition (though I knew the meaning)
    Now for an example of hyperbole:
    I said its more responsive which to everyone, including Webster, would mean quicker, everyone except Hparson.

The calender being slow like molasses is my opinion based on my personal experience, its not some kind of fictional fairy tale. I have no doubt that the calender is fine for you, that's great. Kinda like hardware: I myself have had a June release Pre, dropped many times and the thing had proven to be solid. Now, I don't take that as a license to accuse posters who legitimately experience lousy hardware of being pathological exaggerators or pre haters.

Lots of loyal, happy pre users want better performance from the calender, even guys who write for this site, and guess what? Palm agrees with us, that's right, the calender lag has started to be addressed, just as the OP and many others have plead for and Rubinstein responded with 1.3.5!! Sorry herbert, try as you might, this thread is starting to have a happy ending.

DISCLAIMER

IF READING CRITICAL POSTS ABOUT PALM AND/OR WEBOS WHICH ARE, BY ANY MEASURE, LESS THAN LAUDATORY THUS CONSTITUTING AN OFFENSE TO THE READER AKIN TO AN INSULT TO HIS WIFE OR MOTHER, PLEASE PUT EEKINSMAN ON IGNORE AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES OR LEGAL THEORY SHALL EEKINSMAN, HIS FAMILY, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSEES, OR ASSIGNS, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALY, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER LOSS OF ANY KIND, RELATING TO YOUR FRAGILE, UNUSUAL, UNHEALTHY AND ODD PREDILECTION TO PROTECT PALM AND/OR WEBOS FROM NEGATIVE POSTS.

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY PRECENTRAL, THE WORDS AND CONTENT OF THIS POST, INCLUDING THOSE IN THIS DISCLAIMER, ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A RANT AGAINST PALM AND/OR WEBOS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE POSTER’S HATRED FOR PALM.

THE POSTER HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND DISAVOWS AND DOES NOT ENDORSE OR SPONSOR OR AGREE WITH SENSELESS THREADS AND POSTS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, “‘I’M LEAVING FOR THE DROID’ ‘PALM SUCKS’ APPLE RULES’ THE PRE IS THE WORST PHONE EVER’ AND ALL OTHER OF SIMILAR ILK WHICH BY THEIR NATURE TREAT THE PALM PRE AS ANYTHING BUT PRECIOUS.
    Last edited by eekinsman; 12/31/2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add my lil' disclaimer
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast