1.    #1  
    So as of the last couple days, my Palm charger has been fritzing out on me. I'd plug it in to the wall and start charging. But the slightly tap or movement causes the charger to go into a loop of not-charging/charging and sometimes just stop charging all together. Should I try to get it replaced or just seek out a third-party charger?
    Did you try plugging into a different electrical outlet? We have a 105 year old office building that's in the process of being retrofitted to make it more green. One of the items for complete replacement is all of the electrical outlets as many have been used so frequently that they do not always make a good connection to whatever is plugged into them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post
    Did you try plugging into a different electrical outlet? We have a 105 year old office building that's in the process of being retrofitted to make it more green. One of the items for complete replacement is all of the electrical outlets as many have been used so frequently that they do not always make a good connection to whatever is plugged into them.
    Yep, several wall outlets and a surge protector strip. The charger no longer seems to have a strong contact with any outlet anymore it seems. It has to be exactly seated on the outlet to charge, any slight tug or movement causes it to lose contact.
    Maybe its the usb cable? Have you tried another? People often forget the wires within cables are very tiny and a good pinch/twist/bend can break them... Thats why they tell you to loosely wind/roll cables and leave generous bends
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Maybe its the usb cable? Have you tried another? People often forget the wires within cables are very tiny and a good pinch/twist/bend can break them... Thats why they tell you to loosely wind/roll cables and leave generous bends
    Yes, I did try this as well, multiple cables are having the exact same behavior on the charger. I just got 2 new MicroUSB cables from monoprice because my original cable that came with my Pre had a slight tear at the beginning of the MicroUSB port side of the cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    ...I just got 2 new MicroUSB cables from monoprice...
    I love monoprice cables... the only "downside" was that I had to take my dremel to the plastic around the micro-usb side so it would fit into my touchstone...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    So go pick up a USB AC Adapter from Monoprice.. they're dirt cheap and work great for me as well.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    So go pick up a USB AC Adapter from Monoprice.. they're dirt cheap and work great for me as well.
    Which one did you get, the Black 1000mah one seems to have issues with the Pre according to reviews. Do you have the white 1000mah one or the black 500mah one?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Which one did you get, the Black 1000mah one seems to have issues with the Pre according to reviews. Do you have the white 1000mah one or the black 500mah one?
    The white one... got 3 to share between me and the gf (we both got Pre's). It's what I use to nightly to charge and I haven't had any issues with it.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
    The white one... got 3 to share between me and the gf (we both got Pre's). It's what I use to nightly to charge and I haven't had any issues with it.
    Thanks for the recommend will be ordering one or 2.