1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to remove the NASCAR app (or any other app that came with the phone)? Orange button option (holding it) only works for apps that were added or downloaded.

Thanks
    There is no way short of putting it in developer mode, installing WebOS Quick Install to your OS: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    And checking a tweak to remove Nascar.
    You may not want to do this out of fear of bricking your phone but it is very easy and no linux knowledge is required. The only caveat is that you would want to remove any tweaks using the same tool prior to upgrading to the next version of webos hopefully out soon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_halvorson View Post
    There is no way short of putting it in developer mode, installing WebOS Quick Install to your OS: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    And checking a tweak to remove Nascar.
    You may not want to do this out of fear of bricking your phone but it is very easy and no linux knowledge is required. The only caveat is that you would want to remove any tweaks using the same tool prior to upgrading to the next version of webos hopefully out soon.
    thanks Rich
    I have web os quicko nstall, and put a couple of apps on it yesterday. Do I know go searching for a nascar removal tweak within the forums? Is that what "checking a tweak to remove nascar" means?

I read a lot about new os 1.2 and tweaks, etc. If I leave tweaks in, then upgrade, will the phone stop working properly? In other words, is there a compatibility issue with pre 1.2 tweaks with 1.2? Just getting educated, that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    thanks Rich
    I have web os quicko nstall, and put a couple of apps on it yesterday. Do I know go searching for a nascar removal tweak within the forums? Is that what "checking a tweak to remove nascar" means?

I read a lot about new os 1.2 and tweaks, etc. If I leave tweaks in, then upgrade, will the phone stop working properly? In other words, is there a compatibility issue with pre 1.2 tweaks with 1.2? Just getting educated, that is all.
    Go through the menu's on WebOS Quick Installer, there is a tweaks section.
    thanks Rich

If you can't find the appropriate tweak, make sure you have the updated version of WebOS Quick install. I didn't originally, but the new version is Tweaktastic!

nb
  6.    #6  
    ok. sorry but help all of us understand. When you say "find the appropriate tweak", you mean to find it within webos quick install? Or find it in by searching in a forum somewhere? Are you implying that a tweak exists to remove included apps (NASCAR, for ex)?

thanks
    ok. sorry but help all of us understand. When you say "find the appropriate tweak", you mean to find it within webos quick install? Or find it in by searching in a forum somewhere? Are you implying that a tweak exists to remove included apps (NASCAR, for ex)?

thanks
    It's in the WebOS Quick Installer... Check the menu's in the main screen of the app... Explore a little bit, theres a lot WebOS Quick Installer can do.