1.    #1  
    I've been struggling with email messages taking 3-4 seconds to load up.
    I thought it was normal until tonight. What's interesting is when I have a browser open to ANY web pages, my email messages pops up instantly when I tab on the message to read. I'm happy to know its much better now and that I should leave the browser open on the background to avoid the email message lag but would like a technical explanation for this phenomenon.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    I've been struggling with email messages taking 3-4 seconds to load up.
    I thought it was normal until tonight. What's interesting is when I have a browser open to ANY web pages, my email messages pops up instantly when I tab on the message to read. I'm happy to know its much better now and that I should leave the browser open on the background to avoid the email message lag but would like a technical explanation for this phenomenon.

Thanks!
    At first, I thought you were insane, but I just tried this and let me apologize for thinking you deserved a jacket with sleeves in back! This is absolutely true and, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why this would be the case. My rough estimate is that email loads in 1/4 the time it does when the browser is not open. The next test is to see if it's just the browser that speeds things up or if ANYTHING is open...either way, I'm calling Palm about this :-)

Note: Leaving a browser window open may decrease battery life.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Confirmed that this is ONLY when the browser is open. But in additional testing, EVERYTHING loads faster when the browser is open... the phone is significantly faster. This is both cool and simultaneously irritating...
    Lee Ladisky
    Just opened up a case with Palm. I will bet money that says this is an issue with the processor scaling... The browser bumps the processor speed up as long as it's open.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    It could also be a case where WebKit runtimes are being kept in memory due to the web browser when they usually are not. Very odd, would love a follow-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    It could also be a case where WebKit runtimes are being kept in memory due to the web browser when they usually are not. Very odd, would love a follow-up.
    Thought the same thing, but ruled it out because if I open email, or any other application and keep it open, everything else still loads/runs at the slower speed.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    I just tried this a few times... and everything ran the same. Are you sure about your results? Is anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I just tried this a few times... and everything ran the same. Are you sure about your results? Is anyone else getting this?
    Positive... it's absolutely faster. The only note is that I'm running calendar and email attached to exchange, but my TXT/SMS message app loaded noticeably faster, as well.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for calling Palm. I know I'm not on crack for noticing this behavior. My battery did not suffer much with browser open since thus morning. Hopefully palm will figure this out for us soon.