1.    #1  
    A month and a half ago Sprint sent me a replacement phone via mail (on warranty) - I sent them back my original (broken phone) in a pre paid envelope. - Yesterday I received a call from Sprint advising that they were charging me $200.00 for the new phone.... I advised that I had sent the original phone back - but they said it would take two two three billing cycles to register in the system..... I asked for the phone number of the return center and they could not supply it.... neither could they confirm the return of the phone.... however, I know they have it because the fulfillment center has not called me in weeks asking for the return of the phone.

This sucks....
    \
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    are you confusing asurion with sprint?
    They love hanging on to your money. It's the same rebate story, it will be months befor you get your money but they'll bill you promptly in the mean time.

If you want this resolved quickly, file a complaint with the BBB.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Sprint has nothing to do with warranty... palm deals with warranty. If you got it through insurance then Asurion is to blame. Why was Sprint giving you a phone for a warranty swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Sprint has nothing to do with warranty... palm deals with warranty. If you got it through insurance then Asurion is to blame. Why was Sprint giving you a phone for a warranty swap?
    If you read the Terms of Service on the Sprint web page, you'll find that Sprint handles all repairs for their phones (including the Pre) if you contact them.

From the Sprint website (Read the entire statement):

"If the equipment is covered by Total Equipment Protection (TEP) or Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP), there is no charge for repairs when the service technician defines the required action due to normal wear and tear or mechanical/electrical failure. If the issue is covered by the Manufacturer's Warranty, there is no charge for repair or replacement at a retail location. If the equipment is covered by TEP or Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) and the technician defines the issue as physical damage, damaged beyond repair or liquid damage, you will be referred to Asurion to file a claim and will need to pay a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on phone model.

Devices enrolled in Total Equipment Protection (TEP) have complete coverage for one low monthly price added on to your bill. A $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on phone model applies. The Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) portion of TEP covers physical and liquid damage, damage beyond repair, loss and theft. The Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP) portion of TEP covers mechanical/electrical problems, failures from normal wear & tear and routine phone maintenance.

If the equipment is not covered by the Manufacturer Warranty, TEP, ERP or ESRP, the per incident fee will be $99 to $119, depending on the type of equipment.Services provided at no charge are manufacturer warranty for mechanical or electrical failure for one year of original activation date, device unlock/reset, phonebook swaps and software updates. Your Phone Repair Center will make every effort to provide these services on site. In most situations (but not all), these locations can unlock or reset your phone, Smartphone software and transfer your phone book. Data such as pictures, videos and ringers may be eligible for file transfer as well."
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    If you read the Terms of Service on the Sprint web page, you'll find that Sprint handles all repairs for their phones (including the Pre) if you contact them.
    That's a bit broad. Sprint will handle repairs if the phone is out of warranty (clearly not this case) and if you don't have insurance.
    I have had great experience dealing with local Sprint stores for replacements (Palm 755p and 2 Centros...one just a month ago.) I have never been charged a penny (have the $7 insurance) even when my son broke the screen on his first one in his first week of ownership. Should also mention they never seem to have replacements in stock but I usually get a call back within the week to let me know the new phone is waiting at the store.

On the other hand, I have a friend who replaced 2 Centros using the mailer method. He had to pay a deductible both times.

I'll stick with trips to the store.
    + 1 never had much of a problem when going to the sprint store at all!!! started with a 650 treo ended with a 755 there was three phones in between and only paid for the first no deductable thank God lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->