1. enjoyingsilence
    Writing this from my pre. Sorry for not including specific details.

I have searched and searched, and cannot find an answer to this problem, or a solution.

I used the roam only hack... The one that's scripted...

There are a few threads around here with the ssh root command,
    One of them says out dated @ the top of the thread.

I've used that one, and the more recent one.

They install fine. But the phone will not roam. Period. I know there is verizon service here. I used to have them. My sprint katana roamed fine on verizon.

Not this stupid phone. What is the deal? ????
    I use the WebOS Quick Install version and it works great. I am not sure what particular patch that relies on, but maybe you can remove your patch manually and try that one?

oh... and Update Preferred Roaming List (PRL) in the phone preferences card *before* turning on the Roam only feature and make sure Data Roaming is "enabled".

3. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    I use the WebOS Quick Install version and it works great. I am not sure what particular patch that relies on, but maybe you can remove your patch manually and try that one?
    I have web os quick install. Used it last night to install my notification and file coaster.

Can you link me to this roam only app? I have limited time / access to a computer,
    And frankly pre central is horribly un organized.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    I have web os quick install. Used it last night to install my notification and file coaster.

Can you link me to this roam only app? I have limited time / access to a computer,
    And frankly pre central is horribly un organized.
    it's not an app, it's a tweak. in webOS Quick Install, click on "Tools" then "Tweaks" and simply check the boxes of the tweaks you would like. each time you apply a tweak, the phones UI will reset. (it will look like it's rebooting, but will take much less time)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Did u try this? This works fine for me.

Roam Only Hack
  6. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    it's not an app, it's a tweak. in webOS Quick Install, click on "Tools" then "Tweaks" and simply check the boxes of the tweaks you would like. each time you apply a tweak, the phones UI will reset. (it will look like it's rebooting, but will take much less time)

I did this one just as you said.. and it still says searching... searching.. endlessly.
  7. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Did u try this? This works fine for me.

Roam Only Hack
    actually, I'm not sure.. prior to using the tweak in web os quick install.. this is the code I used to install and un install the hack. however, i will undo the tweak i did in web os quick install.. and use the one you just linked me to above... and see if i makes a difference. update, no that does not work.. going to use web os doctor. restore the phone entirely, to make sure all hacks are gone entirely... and try again.. each one at a time.. just to be safe.

#
    # INSTALL ROAMONLY PATCH
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    # BACKUP FILES
    #
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phoneprefs$/$app$/$controllers$/$preflist$-$assistant$.$js_1$-$1$-$0$
    #
    # INSTALL D2G SEDML SCRIPT FOR MULTILINE FIND AND REPLACE USE IF NOT ALREADY INSTALLED
    #
    cd /opt/bin
    wget http://dev.d2global.com/share/d2/palmpre/sedml
    chmod 755 sedml
    #
    # MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    sed -i 's/{label : $L(\"Automatic\"),value: \"any\"}/{label : $L(\"Automatic\"),value: \"any\"},\
    {label : \"Roam Only\",value: \"roamonly\"}/g' /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    /opt/bin/sedml /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs &$quot$;$s$/$this$.$voiceRoamingModel$.$currentVoiceRoaming$ = \&$quot$;$any$\&$quot$;;.*$this$.$voiceRoamingModel$.$currentVoiceRoaming$ = \&$quot$;$homeonly$\&$quot$;;/$this$.$voiceRoamingModel$.$currentVoiceRoaming$ = \&$quot$;$any$\&$quot$;;\$n$\
    \$(\'dataroamingrow\').show();\n\
    \$(\'voiceRoamingRow\').removeClassName(\'last\');\n\
    }\n\
    else if(payload.extended.mode == \'roamonly\') {\n\
    this.voiceRoamingModel.currentVoiceRoaming = \"roamonly\";\n\
    \$(\'dataroamingrow\').show();\n\
    \$(\'voiceRoamingRow\').removeClassName('last');\n\
    }\n\
    else {\n\
    this.voiceRoamingModel.currentVoiceRoaming = \"homeonly\";/g"
    #
    # COMPLETE UPDATE
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #

--- to disable I used this before using web os quick install---

(it was from the same post the above code was in.. not sure of the exact thread on this forum.. i searched "roam only"

#
    # REMOVE ROAMONLY PATCH
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #
    Last edited by enjoyingsilence; 09/14/2009 at 01:38 AM.
  8. enjoyingsilence
    and now, after using web os doctor to restore my phone twice.. the phone just sits attempting to find a native sprint signal.. can't even sign into my palm profile..