Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I downloaded an album from Amazon - and the track names contain the whole album name in the title, so all I can see on the screen is "Bye Bye Birdie - Orginal Broad..."
    I plugged the Pre in using USB Mode, changed the names of the tracks - no joy. Anything I'm missing?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork View Post
    I downloaded an album from Amazon - and the track names contain the whole album name in the title, so all I can see on the screen is "Bye Bye Birdie - Orginal Broad..."
    I plugged the Pre in using USB Mode, changed the names of the tracks - no joy. Anything I'm missing?
    Thanks.
    Did you just change the name of the file? In mp3's you can change the properties, and that's where the information is drawn from.
    • Right click the file you want to rename, and choose properties.
    • You should get a dialog box with three tabs.
    • Click on the "Details" tab and
    • Edit what you want to change.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm on a Mac - when I right click on the track from the AmazonMP3 folder on the Pre, there is no Properties to click in the contextual menu - just Get Info, which already has the changed track name, which isn't reflecting on the Pre in the music player...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork View Post
    I'm on a Mac - when I right click on the track from the AmazonMP3 folder on the Pre, there is no Properties to click in the contextual menu - just Get Info, which already has the changed track name, which isn't reflecting on the Pre in the music player...
    Oh. :-( Sorry, and good luck!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    is the file in itunes, try changing it there by double clicking the fields.